Preview Changes: R11 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, just $4 for the win.

I know they may has well offered $1000 because it ain't gonna happen, but, sucker.
Collingwood have tried to make their side as bad as ours to make it a contest. Thanks Pies, very considerate of you. The only decent players in that side are Sidebottom, Grundy, Stephenson, Adams, Maynard. We are a sneaky chance here.

Last edited:

100%, he's still an 'unknown quantity' in my mind. Give me him over any of those other 3 any day of the week.

Crocker?

Under no point is Crocker that much of an unknown quantity, as he's had 4 seasons in the system by now and has already been chewed up in one setup. He needs to make it, and he needs to make it quickly here if he wants to be on a list in 2021. As it stands, he'll be delisted at the end of the year.

The thing with second chances is you do not have time to figure it out. It's just a hope that a different system, or different responsibilities just makes you click. They're not unknowns after 4 games.

Lol, wtf... We are unlikely to kick 41 points let alone win by that margin.

With the weather and team line ups, that may be the total aggregate of both teams on the night. :drunk:

The last Pies game was 90 points in total.

Crocker?

Under no point is Crocker that much of an unknown quantity, as he's had 4 seasons in the system by now and has already been chewed up in one setup. He needs to make it, and he needs to make it quickly here if he wants to be on a list in 2021. As it stands, he'll be delisted at the end of the year.

The thing with second chances is you do not have time to figure it out. It's just a hope that a different system, or different responsibilities just makes you click. They're not unknowns after 4 games.
you are probably right... but as I stated in an earlier post.. might as well give him that last opportunity. we’ve got nothing to lose giving him games instead of gibbs, mookay and murphy types who we already know plenty about.

he has actually done some good things here and there.

he’s kicked 4.3 from 5 games which is a better return than Murphy this year who has 5.4 from 8 games as a small forward..

And yet he has managed to maintain his high "#" stat across that period. Really makes you think.
Been waiting years for someone to put up 32 each week.

Will be interesting to see which way the selectors go once Sloane, Brouch, Milera are fit to be selected, do we go the easy option and drop Schoenberg, Sholl, McHenry or do we take the hard one and drop guys like McKay and Hartigan?

you are probably right... but as I stated in an earlier post.. might as well give him that last opportunity. we’ve got nothing to lose giving him games instead of gibbs, mookay and murphy types who we already know plenty about.

he’s kicked 4.3 from 5 games which is a better return than Murphy this year who has 5.4 from 8 games as a small forward..

and better than Stengle who has played the same amount of games for 2 goals.

mind you none of our forwards are exactly killing it!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right now, the situation looks like this (per game, and picking relevant statistics as goals are not the be all and end all here).

Murphy: 8.6 disp/0.5 goals/3.4 score involvements/3.6 tackles/1.5 tackles inside 50 (ranked 17th in the league per game).
Crocker: 8.2 disp/0.8 goals/3.6 score involvements/2.6 tackles/1.4 tackles inside 50 (ranked 20th in the league per game).

The problem is that is a very similar stat line for both players which is a massive problem for Crocker because Murphy is two years younger and both have played a similar amount of games. The older you get, the more distance you need on the youthful challenger. Crocker is cooked if he cannot string together a big month and get distance on Murph.

R11-TeamSelection-Website-Lineup-952x952-.png
I know it doesn't really mean that much but it is good to see Schoenberg named on the ball and Schol on the wing. It seems as though mindset has finally started to shift to rebuild mode.

He's played 4 games this year - with a large injury gap, it will take him a while to get back up and running. Developing key forward generally don't get a lot of touches until they hit the 50 game mark and he's still only at 18. He will be fine, but don't expect a break out until he starts moving up to that 50 game mark.
It's why they should push him up to the middle for a patch, get his hands on the ball, use his strength and kicking into out forward 50

Right now, the situation looks like this (per game, and picking relevant statistics as goals are not the be all and end all here).

Murphy: 8.6 disp/0.5 goals/3.4 score involvements/3.6 tackles/1.5 tackles inside 50 (ranked 17th in the league per game).
Crocker: 8.2 disp/0.8 goals/3.6 score involvements/2.6 tackles/1.4 tackles inside 50 (ranked 20th in the league per game).

The problem is that is a very similar stat line for both players which is a massive problem for Crocker because Murphy is two years younger and both have played a similar amount of games. The older you get, the more distance you need on the youthful challenger. Crocker is cooked if he cannot string together a big month and get distance on Murph.

Neither are very good.

I've already gotten ahead of myself and pencilled in Newchurch ahead of both of them for next season.

Will be interesting to see which way the selectors go once Sloane, Brouch, Milera are fit to be selected, do we go the easy option and drop Schoenberg, Sholl, McHenry or do we take the hard one and drop guys like McKay and Hartigan?
Mackay will be straight out once Milera back. Hartigan's inclusion is unrelated to Sloane and BCrouch and is only a backup at this stage. Hamill, Sholl, Schoenberg, McAsey must be worked into the team regardless who plays. Would also like to see Worrell and O'Connor get a chance this year.

Well the umpiring is sure to be a highlight with Razor Ray and spunky Eleni.
Happy with selections, very happy. Crocker should have been dropped, gives us nothing. Was thinking we're a sneaky chance at odds, going to have a few $ on at good odds then you give me the umpires.

Eleni, she crucified the Swans last week, definitely a Pies barracker, the frees she plucked out for them had me shaking my head plus the obvious ones she ignored for the Swans. Might save my betting money now.

Neither are very good.

I've already gotten ahead of myself and pencilled in Newchurch ahead of both of them for next season.

I suspect that'll be how it plays out long term with both getting 4-5 seasons, 30-50 games, maybe 2 clubs, and ending up a good state league player.

I would like us to draft another small forward on top of Newchurch if the rookie draft still exists.

Happy with selections, very happy. Crocker should have been dropped, gives us nothing. Was thinking we're a sneaky chance at odds, going to have a few $ on at good odds then you give me the umpires.

Eleni, she crucified the Swans last week, definitely a Pies barracker, the frees she plucked out for them had me shaking my head plus the obvious ones she ignored for the Swans. Might save my betting money now.

She paid the Papley flop didn’t she?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back