Game Day Fremantle vs Hawthorn 6.40pm AWST

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
You don't football if you think that when you absolutely smash a team in both contested and uncontested possession you'll win way more than you loose. Play like that against Carlton and dominate possession we win easily.
Really? This was one game. Dominating possession stats means nothing. We lost the contested possession by just 9 against the WCE but got belted. We lost it against St Kilda but we beat them. We lost both against Adelaide but beat them comfortably.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
Love listening to Justin. Talking about players providing options for the ball carrier to make there life easier. So often I felt we were still up the ground, and making the kickers job very hard.

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Love listening to Justin. Talking about players providing options for the ball carrier to make there life easier. So often I felt we were still up the ground, and making the kickers job very hard.
I can’t wait until Logue, Pearce & hopefully Hamling are available. It will allow us to free up Hill, Ryan, Young & Wilson to create off half back & open up the fat side quicker.
Unfortunately at the moment they’re having to lock key opponents down with Ryan playing deep & Wilson not able to take off sooner. As soon as that space is available, there will be greater movement further up the field.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really? This was one game. Dominating possession stats means nothing. We lost the contested possession by just 9 against the WCE but got belted. We lost it against St Kilda but we beat them. We lost both against Adelaide but beat them comfortably.
Yeah. You must be watching a different game to everyone else. Dominating possession means everything. We killed Hawthorn in that area. We had nearly 100 more possessions than them.It wasnt close to being close. Clearly you post intentionally idiotic comments to get a reaction like the above comment. Why?

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Yeah. You must be watching a different game to everyone else. Dominating possession means everything. We killed Hawthorn in that area. We had nearly 100 more possessions than them.It wasnt close to being close. Clearly you post intentionally idiotic comments to get a reaction like the above comment. Why?
So when Richmond beat North by 54 points and had less contested possessions and only 19 more uncontested... that means it was a close game right? By your metrics.

Over possessing the football leads to danger of turnovers. Get the ball moving quickly and you have less chance of that happening. Going through the corridor means our forwards aren't kicking from 45 degree or worse angles.

Moonrat

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Today the curse will be broken.

- We haven't beaten Hawthorn for like 6 or 7 years.
- Hawks have never lost a game at Optus.
- We can't play in the rain.
- Stingbitten never posted a winning Game Day thread.

By just after 9pm tonight all the above will be changed to:

- We just beat Hawthorn.
- They lost at Optus.
- We played our first decent game in the wet.
- Stingbitten can post more Game Day threads from now on.

Fremantle by 13pts.
Bloody genius!

Best wet weather game we've played in a long time

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
So when Richmond beat North by 54 points and had less contested possessions and only 19 more uncontested... that means it was a close game right? By your metrics.

Over possessing the football leads to danger of turnovers. Get the ball moving quickly and you have less chance of that happening. Going through the corridor means our forwards aren't kicking from 45 degree or worse angles.
You cant score without the ball. Name a team that has ever lost a game with a 70+ possession difference. Ever. WE had 96 more possessions. Like I said. Why bother posting anything if that's the level of your arguments. Clearly you post rubbish for the sole purpose of annoying others. Why?

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle

You do realise that our key backs are out? Ryan & Wilson are playing lock down roles when normally they’d be creating off half back, Hills just come back in again & Young is injured.

Longmuir is coaching with what’s available, wait until Hamling, Pearce & Logue are available & you’ll see greater run from half back & quicker ball movement through the middle.

Credit where credits due, he’s out coached Buckley & Clarkson in the last 2 weeks.

vidwhal

Grade A Douchebag
Oct 4, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
New York Knicks
Isaac Smith can destroy teams. Bewley played an important role negating him until Smith was injured. Bewley did a similarly underrated job negating Phillips last week who has destroyed as in the past. It might not be the most glamorous of positions the defensive wingman but he's doing pretty well at it.
True, and when he does get his hands on the ball, as few times as he does (as pointed out by others) he still, most of the time, delivers a decent kick to advantage. He's quietly adding value.

On SM-T835 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
You do realise that our key backs are out? Ryan & Wilson are playing lock down roles when normally they’d be creating off half back, Hills just come back in again & Young is injured.

Longmuir is coaching with what’s available, wait until Hamling, Pearce & Logue are available & you’ll see greater run from half back & quicker ball movement through the middle.

Credit where credits due, he’s out coached Buckley & Clarkson in the last 2 weeks.
What's that got to do with our scoring power and ball movement? They are backs who don't really use the ball by foot often like Ryan does.

I wouldn't say he has outcoached Clarkson or Buckley to be honest, but we won.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
You cant score without the ball. Name a team that has ever lost a game with a 70+ possession difference. Ever. WE had 96 more possessions. Like I said. Why bother posting anything if that's the level of your arguments. Clearly you post rubbish for the sole purpose of annoying others. Why?
You can also score a lot with less of the ball and Richmond proved this last year. In the GF they had the same disposals as GWS and less uncontested possessions. They won by moving the ball fast and direct, not chippy chippy.

Also I've noted your comment in the last two posts now saying this is rubbish, despite me posting stats and facts to the contrary. Am I not allowed to share an opinion on this team? Or do I have to follow down the same path as everyone else and bow at the great JL for taking a team backwards?

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
What's that got to do with our scoring power and ball movement? They are backs who don't really use the ball by foot often like Ryan does.

I would. So would anyone watching the last two games with their eyes open. His knowledge against Collingwood was huge last week. He out Hawthorned Hawthorn tonight. Seriously. What exactly were you watching because it's not the last two games where Freo played.

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle

& with that comment, there is now a realisation you have no idea on football & not worth discussing any topic re Fremantle & the Afl.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
You can also score a lot with less of the ball and Richmond proved this last year. In the GF they had the same disposals as GWS and less uncontested possessions. They won by moving the ball fast and direct, not chippy chippy.

Also I've noted your comment in the last two posts now saying this is rubbish, despite me posting stats and facts to the contrary. Am I not allowed to share an opinion on this team? Or do I have to follow down the same path as everyone else and bow at the great JL for taking a team backwards?
You love insulting others. Your views are absurd and you cant handle when called out how they dont match up with reality. LIke I said have a plus 70 possession stat you win every time. Your stats only proved my point so at least think if you want to respond. Yeah you're entitled to an opinion that others are entitled to call out as baseless rubbish if that's their opinion on your opinions. It goes both ways.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
& with that comment, there is now a realisation you have no idea on football & not worth discussing any topic re Fremantle & the Afl.
How so? How is bringing back Joel Hamling going to improve our ball movement? Ryan is still going to have to play someone, as is Wilson. It doesn't automatically make them free does it?

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
You love insulting others. Your views are absurd and you cant handle when called out how they dont match up with reality. LIke I said have a plus 70 possession stat you win every time. Your stats only proved my point so at least think if you want to respond. Yeah you're entitled to an opinion that others are entitled to call out as baseless rubbish if that's their opinion on your opinions. It goes both ways.
I haven't insulted anyone here. Where is your proof that if you have a +70 possession differential you win every time?

70 more possessions, lost the game. QED.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
I haven't insulted anyone here. Where is your proof that if you have a +70 possession differential you win every time?

70 more possessions, lost the game. QED.
My proof. Name one game where a team has had even a 50 possession difference and lost. I check the stats on every game played and there would not be one I can recall. Certainly no where near the 96 difference we had tonight from a brilliantly coached disciplined young team. You cant kick goals without the ball. STILL.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
My proof. Name one game where a team has had even a 50 possession difference and lost. I check the stats on every game played and there would not be one I can recall. Certainly no where near the 96 difference we had tonight from a brilliantly coached disciplined young team. You cant kick goals without the ball. STILL.
I literally just posted one there for you and you ignored it.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
I literally just posted one there for you and you ignored it.
One example lI was unaware of yes. But yeah still not near the 96 tonight and means absolutely nothing anyway because if you have a closer look there was a huge handball difference in the game you posted. Unlike tonight where we had 43 more kicks as well as.more handballs. My point was you would every game with stats like we had tonight. Thats still true.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
One example lI was unaware of yes. But yeah still not near the 96 tonight and means absolutely nothing anyway because if you have a closer look there was a huge handball difference in the game you posted. Unlike tonight where we had 43 more kicks as well as.more handballs. My point was you would every game with stats like we had tonight. Thats still true.
So now it;s 96 and not 70?

There are multiple examples over the last few years and usually by the teams winning the flags or making finals. Fast football = winning football, not chip, chip, chip, chip.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
So now it;s 96 and not 70?

There are multiple examples over the last few years and usually by the teams winning the flags or making finals. Fast football = winning football, not chip, chip, chip, chip.
Hawthorn says hi. So does Richmond too. Im out. Go argue with yourself. The game plan for such a young team worked a treat tonight. Ill put you on ignore. Feel free to do the same.

Back