How long has Daniel Andrews got left?

When will Daniel Andrews fall on his sword?

• August

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • September

• October

• November

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • December

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Next year

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Never

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 16, 2007
Warragul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Given the monumental stuff ups from Daniel Andrews just wondering how long people think he has left as the premier of Victoria. I think he might wait until we are over the worst of the second wave and then pull the pin.

he'll see covid through and then he'll be knifed by his own party

too late to call in help from the feds for the bush fires
too late to call in help from the feds on covid

a shame though as he comes across as a decent bloke

Years and years. Victorian virus will spread to other states, and all focus will be on the situation there. Same as how the NYTimes is now lauding NY's handling of Covid while states like Florida and Texas (yucky red states!!) see cases skyrocket...erm...because of the situation in NYC where it was allowed to seed and spread like wildfire! Australian media will do the same here. Dan Andrews will be a hero while Gladys will be crucified for not locking people up sooner. Victorian Labor's base of immigrant voters (as evidenced by the branch stacking involving new migrants) will continue to vote for Labor - this changes nobody's mind.

He’ll be fine. He is on a huge majority, and I think most people outside of BigFooty’s shouty SRP board and Murdoch media see privately contracted security as an error, but one that was made by all states

He pushed the hard lockdown, harder than other states, and it has been shown that it was a sensible decision.

The outbreak has hurt him politically, but it has also nullified the “Dictator Dan” tag.

He’ll be fine. He is on a huge majority, and I think most people outside of BigFooty’s shouty SRP board and Murdoch media see privately contracted security as an error, but one that was made by all states

He pushed the hard lockdown, harder than other states, and it has been shown that it was a sensible decision.

The outbreak has hurt him politically, but it has also nullified the “Dictator Dan” tag.

This sounds like a Donald Trump re election ad

I think most people outside of BigFooty’s shouty SRP board and Murdoch media see privately contracted security as an error, but one that was made by all states
Most media analysis I have seen has made a pretty clear distinction between the uncontrolled way private security was used in Victoria, and somewhere like NSW (who made them heavily subordinate to the ADF and NSW Police).

It’s emblematic of how many facets of the Victorian health system (and public service in general) are archaic and ill-equiped to cope with a widespread public health emergency.

IIRC Victoria was similarly at sea when coping with the initial onslaught of swine flu in 2009. It appears nothing was learned.

Last edited:

Particularly when we see things like this, and the current issues over federal responsibility for the aged care disaster.

He is hard headed. I think he will stick around till cases are close to zero and/or we begin steps towards an economic recovery.

If things go well, he will run again. If not, I think he will bow out 3-6 months before an election.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like nsw icac, libs can’t stop talking about it, by the end they were avoiding it altogether.

there’s a serious public health crisis out ther, and the libs are making it a star chamber.

eg the man started out a solemn process by saying ‘ dan Andrews, Victorians deserve the truth’ been watching too muchTV courtroom drama?
It’s a serious situation and they are going Murdoch rag style politix

Last edited:

the trouble is that the whole covid situation was so fluid and uncertain that no matter what or who was in charge, any leader ...'cough' would
have had to face a few mistakes and unforeseen circumstances... however, in answer to the question, he probably has a year as we don't really
want to destabilise everything quite yet. Better to have everyone as they are right now and have the opposition keeping up with it all as well.

I should add, the state opposition didn’t exactly cover themselves in glory by spending most of the early stages shooting about how lockdown had just gone Too Far.

And making the inquiry a blatant point scoring exercise. I think they misread the size of the appetite to lose Dan, at least right now.

I should add, the state opposition didn’t exactly cover themselves in glory by spending most of the early stages shooting about how lockdown had just gone Too Far.
Michael O'Obrian is going to be turned way before there is any serious pressure on Andrews

humour.

Yeah just like it was a sensible decision by Custer to visit Little Bighorn.

yeah, no one cares about violent assaults, carjackings, breaking and entering etc etc

A grade apologism. Well done.

‘they had huge billboards in Bentleigh etc saying how dangerous it is to live there under an Andrews government. They are seriously out of touch

Back