Preview Round 11: Gold Coast vs Essendon, Carrara, Wednesday 12/08/2020 @ 7:10 PM

Who won't lose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterG

Draftee
Aug 1, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
If we're any chance to win the foward line will have to completely turn their form around. Its running on fumes but Smack, Stewart and Tippa need to forget about whatever form they're in and just play well. No other option really. McKenna needs to cut the undisciplined stuff out. Redman is a much better player than he is showing us right now. So is Gleeson. Merrett needs to play like he did against GWS every week.
Agree on Gleeson and Redman .. McKernan has shown some form in the fwd line in the past., strangely enough he is actually one of the more experienced big guys we can actually play up forward right now. He needs to believe more in himself which would help him and the team a lot.

Yes but who comes in for Ridley if he's a late out, this isn't clear.
Hurley is listed as an emergency on the Essendon website, Fox Sports, The Age, footywire, AFL website.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
I don't understand, this says Ridley is in the team, but what if he's not in the team?

Then we phone around and see if one of the other clubs has a replacement player we can borrow. The AFL should be fine with it given we're sharing players between clubs in the hub scratch matches.

OsteitisPubis22

Senior List
Mar 18, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Lukosious is the one I’d be putting effort into, his ball use is so clean, they use him to distribute out of D50. Has a lot of Whitfield about him. Guelfi would be a good option.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Agree on Gleeson and Redman .. McKernan has shown some form in the fwd line in the past., strangely enough he is actually one of the more experienced big guys we can actually play up forward right now. He needs to believe more in himself which would help him and the team a lot.
He is a confidence player. He can at times look like a brownlow medalist and win a game off his own boot. If he's down though which we've seen most of the year he is a liability. Need him turn it around tonight or the season will be over before our reinforcements arrive.

He is a confidence player. He can at times look like a brownlow medalist and win a game off his own boot. If he's down though which we've seen most of the year he is a liability. Need him turn it around tonight or the season will be over before our reinforcements arrive.
"Confidence player" is a nice way of saying he's inconsistent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Alright well, to the naked eye, we have lost this game at the selection table. So instead of being upset when we lose, I’m going to choose to look at the positives.

The starting back 6 has an average of 45 games. Youngest in the AFL.
Just wanted to thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I like the occasional punt and given the inexperience of the Bomber backline have taken a few nibbles on King goals etc.

While I'm here, the last three matches I've seen featuring Essendon, you guys have been STOOGED by the umpires bigtime.

The Bulldogs, the Giants, and there was another one in there too somewhere.

I had money on you on at least one of those occasions, but there was also a time when I had money against and I still said the umpiring stank.

What gives? How long has it been like this? Wordfold must have the patience of a saint to not say anything about it in the pressers.

You guys have my sympathy. Anyway good luck tonight.

I reckon IF we pull a win out tonight we’re a chance still at 6-4, especially if Hooker comes back for Saints game.

Hopefully backline doesn’t get rattled with no Hooker, Hurls or Paddy. Guys in tonight seem quiet types, no one to direct traffic...maybe Saad

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I reckon IF we pull a win out tonight we’re a chance still at 6-4, especially if Hooker comes back for Saints game.

Hopefully backline doesn’t get rattled with no Hooker, Hurls or Paddy. Guys in tonight seem quiet types, no one to direct traffic...maybe Saad
King killed us last year and he’s massive chance to kick a bag again tonight.

OsteitisPubis22

Senior List
Mar 18, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon

I like the occasional punt and given the inexperience of the Bomber backline have taken a few nibbles on King goals etc.

While I'm here, the last three matches I've seen featuring Essendon, you guys have been STOOGED by the umpires bigtime.

I had money on you on at least one of those occasions, but there was also a time when I had money against and I still said the umpiring stank.

What gives? How long has it been like this? Wordfold must have the patience of a saint to not say anything about it in the pressers.

I have promised myself I won’t even mention the umpiring this week, won’t even think about it. As it is ruining my enjoyment of watching the footy.

Francis will go to day, and Zerk Thatcher will play mostly on King. King is a star and I’d expect him to kick 1 or 2 but it’s actually a good match up for young Margaret. King likes to take the ball at its highest point, doesn’t engage in body contact which will suit you BZT. If your gonna put your money on anyone. Ranking is your man. We just don’t have a good match up for his type. Saad to important to our ball use.
Redman will take him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon

Swings and roundabouts that comes with AFL being one of the hardest games to officiate in the world. We got a good run against North as recent example of it going the other way.

So just to clarify, if Ridley doesn’t get up we are bringing back Ben McNiece yeah?
I've actually just landed, now just need the Queensland government to sign off on me not needing to quarantine and I'll be right to go be on stand by.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics

Lions game was the other one.

Draper gets called for ITB when it wasn't
Hurley got front on contact for making no contact....hipwood reached out and touched him
McGrath HTB
Merrett gets a 50 for telling the ump he's having a mare

fun times watching the dons

we all get screwed. it's the creativity the umps bring to our games that's the fun part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back