2nds Carlton Reserves 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

That is Dow, 100%

6722ae7ca1f245e846139128761e80b9.jpg
ede709509fcb4dfe8f4359fc00a1c9a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The pic with the blue jumper doesn’t look like him at all.

The pic with the orange jumper maybe, but still wouldn’t have guessed it’s Dow.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

The more I think about it the more I consider Marchbank the Simmo replacement.

Doesn’t play as different a game as the height difference might suggest.
I think Newman is the Simmo replacement.

Marchbank is the Jones replacement in the longer term for mine - Jones is still fine for now at 29, but in a couple years with the way he hits the packs, he will need replacing.

This is getting my excited, in those highlights Paddy looks like he's in second gear and cruising through 'packs'. Get him in the guts and give him a good run at it for the rest of the season. Get his confidence up and his kicking will improve, give him an uninterrupted pre season and next year we have Danger 2.0.

Can't be bothered tempering expectations - he is exactly what we need in our midfield mix, except for maybe an elite outside user.

Why?

He's on the way back from a knee injury.

Because he has strapping on both his knees.
first pic is when he played vs saints in practice match also vs Melbourne it was only his right knee, second pic is from weekend vs west coast. Went from one knee strapped to 2. and in particular the strapping on the left is much heavier then the right.

Although Dow has bulked up and is looking STRONG in the contest now, I'm interested to see if he's worked on his biggest weakness, and no, it's not his kicking.

When he's been in the senior side the thing that has frustrated me the most about him is I have rarely seen a player as quick as he is provide so little defensive pressure. Part of it is that he couldn't stick tackles, which is fine and hopefully that sorts itself out as he gets bigger, but a lot of the time I've seen him just jogging or running in first gear when persuing the bloke with the pill. Again, this could be because he's a young bloke building his tank and he can't give 100% at every content, but a Paddy Dow who is strong at the contest and provides great pressure and tackling will serve us much better than a Paddy Dow who is strong around the contest and a fine kick.

I'd only really be giving him a game if he shows improvement on that area. He doesn't have to be Ed Curnow 2.0, but he has the tools to be great in that area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although Dow has bulked up and is looking STRONG in the contest now, I'm interested to see if he's worked on his biggest weakness, and no, it's not his kicking.

When he's been in the senior side the thing that has frustrated me the most about him is I have rarely seen a player as quick as he is provide so little defensive pressure. Part of it is that he couldn't stick tackles, which is fine and hopefully that sorts itself out as he gets bigger, but a lot of the time I've seen him just jogging or running in first gear when persuing the bloke with the pill. Again, this could be because he's a young bloke building his tank and he can't give 100% at every content, but a Paddy Dow who is strong at the contest and provides great pressure and tackling will serve us much better than a Paddy Dow who is strong around the contest and a fine kick.

I'd only really be giving him a game if he shows improvement on that area. He doesn't have to be Ed Curnow 2.0, but he has the tools to be great in that area.
Spot on ABOD, LOB Fish Dow etc needed that physical development which they have now been afforded. Generational change will be upon us in no time. I may be grasping at straws but I don't think so.

Out of all the players we need to come good, Dow is the game-changer for us.

Kemp, O'Brien, Stocker, Honey and Philp may all have a major part to play, but the best of Dow is what I feel we need most.

Dow and TDK
You need to re-watch what Kemp can do before you settle on that...

Did Honey play in the scratch match? Apart from Dow’s body transformation and Marchy getting a run there wasn’t a lot to take out of that vision, but couldn’t see Honey out there.

Player reviews. Ramsay didn't play.

O'brien with a game high 7 tackles in 64 minutes!

Really like the fact we gave him an opportunity to play as an inside midfielder. We know he can run and kick, but this gives him an opportunity to work on his defensive pressure and disposal in congestion. Really promising signs there. If he backs it up, he'll be hard to keep out of the side.

Can't get a better write-up for Dow either! Really good signs :) Just what we want to see :)

47. Callum Moore

His performance was a credit to him after being in the AFL team for the last couple of weeks. He showed so much energy around the ground playing in the ruck, playing against Tom Hickey, Bailey Williams and a few others: he was quite undersized but he was a fourth midfielder for us. He ended up having it 22 times, eight clearances and a goal: he gave us plenty.
Wonder when the penny will drop for the coaches...

Out of all the players we need to come good, Dow is the game-changer for us.

Kemp, O'Brien, Stocker, Honey and Philp may all have a major part to play, but the best of Dow is what I feel we need most.

Dow and TDK

F. Phillips could be a real smokey too.

But yes, a quality midfielder, and one that can add a point of difference with burst out of the centre is much required. Paddy ‘Come On’ Dow(n).

Would have been good to see the reserves in full flight this year for the development that could have been on display.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back