Game Day AFL R12 West Coast Eagles vs Hawthorn Hawks @ Optus 4:10pm AWST Sunday 16 August

Remove this Banner Ad

1597243657711.png
I was hoping the preview would be up on the Hawks board so I could just stroll in and blatantly plagiarise the * out of it. No such luck, those lazy campaigners haven't done one yet either. In fact I don't think they actually do full previews over there. I thought I could sneakily copy their effort for the Freo match and just change the names to protect the guilty. But this is the full OP:
After having some time off, the Hawks are back on Optus Stadium playing the Dockers to keep their finals chances alive. Losing Burgoyne to injury will hurt, but it opens the door for Conor Nash to make his first appearance of the season and to give the Hawthorn forward line a different look.

Let's hope we see the Hawthorn of the last three quarters against the Blues and not the Hawthorn of the first quarter.

Woah. Punchy. Are you still awake? That's absolute trash and you all know it. Well, at least now I'm slightly more confident mine will be the best of the previews put up by the two boards.

Then it struck me in a flash of something. Venture discretely on to the Purple Enemy's board and just use their preview from last week! Brilliant! I've copy pasta'd it in full here so we can all revel in the glory of its magnificence:
Leave your changes and any pre-match discussion below.

So. Here we are. Now I'm faced with a nearly blank page and writer's block. I find the key is to just start typing and the s**t will flow. Not literally of course. Well I hope not anyway.

To be honest I'm not really across what's going on at the family club. They've gone from being highly relevant to being...well, mostly irrelevant. If they didn't have a certain A. Clarkson as coach, a man who likes to drop the odd hand grenade in press conferences just to make sure his team is in the headlines, I'm sure they would have faded even further into the background by now.

peter_hand grenade.gif

Clarko prep'ing for his next press conference.

I don't want to write off the oppo, because if I do they're bound to give us an almighty flogging this weekend, but the 2020 Hawks are a pretty ordinary mob. And we owe these campaigners for the last game we played, when our lads took things waaaaay too lightly, lost and it cost us top four and a premiership. That's right bitch, I said it cost us a premiership. Anyway, it was all their fault. We also still owe them for certain Grand Finals that were never played in certain years we can't mention. Bloody Hawthorn.

So rather than me write the Hawks off, I thought I'd let some supporters of other clubs do it.

Sydney:
Just call Hawthorn old, slow and are trading away their future to try to stay relevant as they have the 2nd most fickle fan base in the world (number one being the Tigers). Also point out how Clarkson thinks he is the 2nd coming and will be sacked during next season

Richmond:
fu** off we are not fickle.

Freagle:
Can Hawthorn succeed while ignoring the elite end of the draft?

Hawthorn:
I reckon the Eagles could rest half the team and still win by 10 goals against our headless chooks,,!

OK, that's all I could muster in the time allotted. It seems that very few people really care about the Hawks any more.

Form

Us: 6 in a row biatch. :cool:
Them: umm...I don't know. A few losses to some other minnows?

Teams/injuries

TBA

Key players

Us: our Rolls Royce mids. * that though, can't they be Lambos? So our Lamborghini mids (incl. NicNat) plus Kennedy and Darling. Our mids (incl. NN) are a handful for any team, and when Kennedy and Darling compete strongly they create plenty of scoring opportunities for themselves and others.

NN-JK.gif

NN and JK have been in sublime form.

Them: ahh...O'meara and Worpel?

How to beat the Hawks

Kick more goals than them. Yeah sorry, I've got nothing. Here are some thoughts from someone we all know is much smarter than me:
Simply remove the option for any ball movement through the corridor and prevent the run-from-behind handball option whenever they take a mark.

Without those available, the Hawks are too slow to be able to move the ball in any damaging way - in 6 of their last 7 matches they have failed to reach 60 points.

Weather forecast

s**t. Let's hope it turns out better than forecast because stormy and wet will be a great leveller.

Predicted result

If wet: Eagles by 10.

If dry and sunny: Eagles by 10. Goals.

Apologies Biggie, HoneyBadger35 I've phoned this bad boy in. But it's better than the nothing you had until I saved your sorry arses at the last minute. :)

Last edited:

Mods: sorry for leaving poster’s names in the ‘quotes from supporters of other clubs’. I understand why you edited them out; just fyi I wasn’t trying to create a shitstorm. The Sydney and Richmond blokes were aware I was quoting them; the Hawthorn poster wasn’t but I took the quote from our board so figured it was fair game. omgfridge wouldn’t like being called a freagle, but he loves me so it’s ok.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2004
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
49ers, Liverpool
Cloudy. Very high (near 100%) chance of showers, with possible small hail in the southeast in the evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon. Winds west to northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h turning southwesterly 25 to 40 km/h during the morning then tending westerly 25 to 35 km/h during the day.
Possible rainfall: 15 to 20 mm

I'm fairweathering this game.

I was hoping the preview would be up on the Hawks board so I could just stroll in and blatantly plagiarise the fu** out of it. No such luck, those lazy campaigners haven't done one yet either. In fact I don't think they actually do full previews over there. I thought I could sneakily copy their effort for the Freo match and just change the names to protect the guilty. But this is the full OP:

Woah. Punchy. Are you still awake? That's absolute trash and you all know it. Well, at least now I'm slightly more confident mine will be the best of the previews put up by the two boards.

Then it struck me in a flash of something. Venture discretely on to the Purple Enemy's board and just use their preview from last week! Brilliant! I've copy pasta'd it in full here so we can all revel in the glory of its magnificence:

So. Here we are. Now I'm faced with a nearly blank page and writer's block. I find the key is to just start typing and the sh*t will flow. Not literally of course. Well I hope not anyway.

To be honest I'm not really across what's going on at the family club. They've gone from being highly relevant to being...well, mostly irrelevant. If they didn't have a certain A. Clarkson as coach, a man who likes to drop the odd hand grenade in press conferences just to make sure his team is in the headlines, I'm sure they would have faded even further into the background by now.

View attachment 933987

Clarko prep'ing for his next press conference.

I don't want to write off the oppo, because if I do they're bound to give us an almighty flogging this weekend, but the 2020 Hawks are a pretty ordinary mob. And we owe these campaigners for the last game we played, when our lads took things waaaaay too lightly, lost and it cost us top four and a premiership. That's right b*tch, I said it cost us a premiership. Anyway, it was all their fault. We also still owe them for certain Grand Finals that were never played in certain years we can't mention. Bloody Hawthorn.

So rather than me write the Hawks off, I thought I'd let some supporters of other clubs do it.

Sydney:

Richmond:

Freagle:

Hawthorn:

OK, that's all I could muster in the time allotted. It seems that very few people really care about the Hawks any more.

Form

Us: 6 in a row biatch. :cool:
Them: umm...I don't know. A few losses to some other minnows?

Teams/injuries

TBA

Key players

Us: our Rolls Royce mids. fu** that though, can't they be Lambos? So our Lamborghini mids (incl. NicNat) plus Kennedy and Darling. Our mids (incl. NN) are a handful for any team, and when Kennedy and Darling compete strongly they create plenty of scoring opportunities for themselves and others.

View attachment 933993
NN and JK have been in sublime form.

Them: ahh...O'meara and Worpel?

How to beat the Hawks

Kick more goals than them. Yeah sorry, I've got nothing.

Weather forecast

sh*t. Let's hope it turns out better than forecast because stormy and wet will be a great leveller.

Predicted result

If wet: Eagles by 10.

If dry and sunny: Eagles by 10. Goals.

Apologies Biggie, HoneyBadger35 I've phoned this bad boy in. But it's better than the nothing you had until I saved your sorry arses at the last minute. :)

On the surface it seems you tried to participate but simply quoting other posters and creating a wall of text to battle through to muddy the issue is classic scum play.

Vote: Guero for winner of rushed to save the board, preview of the year

Eage's by 3-4 goals in another fairly dour contest.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
On the surface it seems you tried to participate but simply quoting other posters and creating a wall of text to battle through to muddy the issue is classic scum play.

Vote: Guero for winner of rushed to save the board, preview of the year

Eage's by 3-4 goals in another fairly dour contest.

Oh yeah. Remember playing Werewolf on a footy forum? Man. 2020, amirite? Still no Trucko return either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
How to beat the Hawks

Kick more goals than them. Yeah sorry, I've got nothing.

Simply remove the option for any ball movement through the corridor and prevent the run-from-behind handball option whenever they take a mark.

Without those available, the Hawks are too slow to be able to move the ball in any damaging way - in 6 of their last 7 matches they have failed to reach 60 points.

That said, I have a feeling that Clarkson is going to throw his hands in the air and play the kids anyway - here's hoping we get a nice percentage boost in addition to the win.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

That said, I have a feeling that Clarkson is going to throw his hands in the air and play the kids anyway - here's hoping we get a nice percentage boost in addition to the win.

I would really enjoy a record breaking annihilation of the Hawks. Like, make them fold.

Thanks Dylan, you're a champ. I'll edit the OP and add your ideas so it looks like I thought of them before you. :thumbsu:

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Thanks Dylan, you're a champ. I'll edit the OP and add your ideas so it looks like I thought of them before you. :thumbsu:
As the thread creator I'm pretty sure the rules allow you these types of shenanigans and more, so take full advantage!
Thanks for stepping up (and thanks to all before you who have done so too)

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
What a day, cloudy with meatballs!
Will be a grotty groundhog grind on a slick well drained Optus surface?
We should tag+bag this game regardless - have Hawks/Alistair seriously got any tricks left?
Look forward to seeing Gov back and Reid play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back