Ticketing Info for Rd 13 Hawks game, Ticket Allocation on Tuesday 18 August

Remove this Banner Ad

Those who have pledged 100% but have missed out on the Richmond game and not booked so far, are the new #1 priority group.

Below I have linked is the Ticket page that will have link to Ticketek - Monday 17 August Eligible Members will receive confirmation of their priority group via email and the Ticketek link will be published here after 3pm.

Round 13
Port Adelaide v Hawthorn
Saturday, 22 August 4:05pm
Member Ticket Allocation – Tuesday 18 August from 9am

Here is today's email

[TD valign="top"]We are honoured to be hosting Hawthorn in Round 13 at Adelaide Oval as part of the AFL’s Sir Doug Nicholls Round.

We cherish this opportunity to celebrate what Indigenous players have brought to our great game and proudly demonstrate the deep connection Port Adelaide has with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities not only through our modern day AFL greats, but also through our industry-leading Aboriginal community programs.

Game Details:
Port Adelaide v Hawthorn
Saturday 22 August
4:05pm

The process for securing tickets to this game is the same as previous rounds via Ticketek. The Member Ticket Allocation process will occur on Tuesday 18 August , from 9am. The Ticketek link will be posted here from 3pm on Monday 17 August.

Total Member capacity for this game is 10,000.

Please take special note below of your priority group allocation as this may have changed from previous rounds. We have reviewed the priority groups to ensure the fairest possible allocation of tickets for our members.

Our FAQ's on the process here will answer most questions.

As always, if you require any assistance or have questions please contact our Member Services team on 1300 467 232 or membership@pafc.com.au .

If you are lucky to receive a ticket – be loud and proud, you’ll have 40,000 of the Port Adelaide family cheering from home with you.

KT[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
5f0e977452a7d.png
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]Members have been allocated a priority group for the Member Ticket Allocation on Tuesday 18 August based on the following -[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"] [/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"][/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
5f0ea1ae7cd63.png
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"] Monday 17 August
Eligible Members will receive confirmation of their priority group via email and the Ticketek link will be published here after 3pm.

Tuesday 18 August

Member Ticket Allocation process opens from 9am for Priority Group 1[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
5f0e98c5c04a1.png
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]Membership cards will not be valid for entry. You must enter the Member Ticket Allocation process if you wish to attend the game.

All tickets issued will be mobile only.

The Member Ticket Allocation process will be conducted by Ticketek. You will need your 12 digit barcode and a Ticketek account to enter. You can create or check to see if you have an existing Ticketek account here .

Members cannot enter the Member Ticket Allocation process until their designated priority period begins. Tickets will be issued best available until the full allocation is exhausted.

Eligible Members can register up to 8 barcodes per entry but can only enter once. We encourage you to nominate a reliable 'Group Leader' if you are planning to enter with other eligible friends and family to ensure barcodes are entered at the same time.

To accommodate as many members as possible, whilst adhering to social distancing requirements, members will be able to select a preferred section but will be allocated the best available row and seat(s) within the seats made available. As a result, you are not guaranteed to be allocated a seat within your normal section or stand regardless of which priority group you are in.

Members who would normally have a wheelchair space at Adelaide Oval can complete this form and will be allocated separately.

There are several seating restrictions in place from the government and the AFL and we ask for your understanding and support in sitting in the section and row listed on your ticket. Standing areas, including the Hill are unavailable.

A complete list of FAQ's can be viewed here .[/TD]

Last edited:

Alberton Proud

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure this bit is correct REH

Those who have pledged 100% but have missed out and not booked so far, are the new #1 priority group.

I read the above as if you didn't get a Ticket to the Richmond game you become Priority One for this match

This is me and my son

We were Priority 2 (Silver Members) for the Richmond allocation and missed out

So we now become Priority 1 for this match

All who attended the Richmond Match (except Club 1870) now become Priority 2 for this game

Makes sense

Spread the Love :hearts:

Not sure this bit is correct REH
I read the above as if you didn't get a Ticket to the Richmond game you become Priority One for this match

This is me and my son

We were Priority 2 (Silver Members) for the Richmond allocation and missed out

So we now become Priority 1 for this match

All who attended the Richmond Match (except Club 1870) now become Priority 2 for this game

Makes sense

Spread the Love :hearts:
The new priority 1 group for this week covers most of members who pledged 100% and missed out on the Richmond game.

The only 100% pledgers who didn't go to the Richmond game and aren't in the priority 1 group for this game are;

Priority 2
6 game, 5 game county and AFL members with Port Adelaide club support

Priority 3
3 game and Interstate members

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The new priority 1 group for this week covers most of members who pledged 100% and missed out on the Richmond game.

The only 100% pledgers who didn't go to the Richmond game and aren't in the priority 1 group for this game are;

Priority 2
6 game, 5 game county and AFL members with Port Adelaide club support

Priority 3
3 game and Interstate members
This actually seems very sensible and fair by the club.

A rarity in the AFL.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's fair but I'm filthy they've dropped capacity to 10k
yeah that was bullshit. The government didn't make a formal announcement, just a hint at a press conference by Marshall and then the SMA made a unilateral decision within 3 hours of the presser. Couldn't have Port having 21,000 show up and the crows only 9,000.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
yeah that was bullshit. The government didn't make a formal announcement, just a hint at a press conference by Marshall and then the SMA made a unilateral decision within 3 hours of the presser. Couldn't have Port having 21,000 show up and the crows only 9,000.

Dropping it down to 10k was only done because Marshall shat the bed about the potential of the virus coming in from Victoria. That clearly hasn't happened and there are rock solid procedures and protocols in place to ensure that doesnt happen.

We have also been able to manage a few clusters that popped up around a fortnight ago without too many issues.

This leads me to asking why the heck aren't the SMA increasing the crowd numbers again? How many doughnuts does Marshall and the SMA need to realise it's safe to increase the crowd capacity to a bare minimum 20k?

So i'm penalised for being priority 1 and actually going to the last match. Interesting approach.
When it was first announced that crowds were coming back to AO, the club said those who pledged their membership to the club, got to go to the showdown would be taken out of the pool, to let others go because they thought crowds would stay in the 2k to 5k range.

That was fair enough IMO.

But then SA government said upto 50% capacity, which then became upto 25k, but never got there and with corporates it got to 21k. Given there are 29,155 eligible pledgers the club took away the need to remove people from the pool as the majority of people who wanted to go and could go got a ticket.

What are the priority groups?
29,155 eligible members have been divided into the following priority groups –

The government then announces they will look at reducing it to 10k, the SMA made a unilateral decision and the Richmond game was the first one with 10k.

The changing the priority groups just takes us back to the original intention for the showdown to give everyone the chance to go to at least 1 game this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dropping it down to 10k was only done because Marshall shat the bed about the potential of the virus coming in from Victoria. That clearly hasn't happened and there are rock solid procedures and protocols in place to ensure that doesnt happen.

We have also been able to manage a few clusters that popped up around a fortnight ago without too many issues.

This leads me to asking why the heck aren't the SMA increasing the crowd numbers again? How many doughnuts does Marshall and the SMA need to realise it's safe to increase the crowd capacity to a bare minimum 20k?
Marshall said they were looking at reducing the capacity. He or the health department never made an official decision.

The SMA took a unilateral decision within 3 hours of his presser the Monday we played the Dogs. They probably wanted to save $$$ as handling a 10k crowd was easier than 21k.

SureBuddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
I get that but either money talks or it doesn't. The Club can't have it both ways.
Yeah that's a real greedy way of looking at it to be honest. You may have paid more money, but its all relative to the individual. So you are saying someone who can only afford a Gold membership, but still pledged 100% doesn't deserve to go to a game? People in the top tier are the only ones who get the opportunity because they spent more? That's a very poor way of looking at it.

What the club have done this week is fantastic for all of the fans and spreads the love. You have had top priority for all of the other games and more than likely will for future games, including finals. Not like you can't go, you are still in priority 2 and have a good shot.

bringbackbucky

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Yeah that's a real greedy way of looking at it to be honest. You may have paid more money, but its all relative to the individual. So you are saying someone who can only afford a Gold membership, but still pledged 100% doesn't deserve to go to a game? People in the top tier are the only ones who get the opportunity because they spent more? That's a very poor way of looking at it.

What the club have done this week is fantastic for all of the fans and spreads the love. You have had top priority for all of the other games and more than likely will for future games, including finals. Not like you can't go, you are still in priority 2 and have a good shot.
I'm now in the same category as 6 game members and people who pledged 50%. That doesn't sit well with me.

Yeah I kinda think if you pledged 50% or what ever, as crap as it is, you did so knowing you may not get to the footy this year.

bringbackbucky

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
For one week. That is all. These people deserve a shot to go to at least 1 game as well don't they?
As mean as it sounds - no, i don't think they do. They could afford 100% membership when they thought games were on and they decided to pull back a refund. I reckon at that point they lost their place in the queue.
The club is in a no-win situation. Just think it is the wrong call...

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
Marshall said they were looking at reducing the capacity. He or the health department never made an official decision.

The SMA took a unilateral decision within 3 hours of his presser the Monday we played the Dogs. They probably wanted to save $$$ as handling a 10k crowd was easier than 21k.

I dont buy that it would have been cheaper given that the entire stadium was open as opposed to certain areas being closed when we had a 20k sized crowd.

Marshall might not have made the decision officially, but he leant on the SMA to make this happen. It was either that or they would have mandated it at the party meeting on the Friday.

Seems very fair to me. I was lucky enough to get to the last three games, being in P1. There would have been a lot of P1 people missed out on the Richmond game because of the reduced numbers so it's only fair they get a better chance for this one.

As mean as it sounds - no, i don't think they do. They could afford 100% membership when they thought games were on and they decided to pull back a refund. I reckon at that point they lost their place in the queue.
The club is in a no-win situation. Just think it is the wrong call...
There would have been a lot of those people in P1 who had paid 100% of their membership that missed out on the last game because of the reduced numbers, so it's giving them a shot at a ticket. They haven't paid any less money than us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back