List Mgmt. Priority Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't agree with this. We were an average/below average team in '18 and '19, winning 12 and 10 games respectively.

You're dreaming if you think we can draw upon our '18 and '19 season results to support a call for a priority pick.

Good thing I didn't suggest anything of the sort then. Also those win counts flattered us massively.

I know you want to fly the flag for your fellow fledgling QLD based club, but in all honesty, the Suns at least had several decent kids developing and coming through the season, and in several of those 19 in a row losses, they were unlucky/showed promising glimpses.

And this winless streak of The Crows carries on from the last quarter of last season (they have now gone a whole Calendar year without a win, admittedly the COVID19 situation is unique, but that is an unprecedented stat in modern age of footy/AFL.

Context is everything, even before they drafted Rowell and Noah Anderson, most footy pundits could see the Suns had a bright future despite their losing streak. Can you honestly say the same thing about the Current Crows ?

Thing you are dead wrong about them being unprecedented bad with all due respect.

Yes, a lot of their problems are self-inflicted wounds, but in all honesty, the AFL need to throw The Crows a bone,
In terms of kids coming through. There’s not much difference between the Crows current list and the Lions of 2016 (before the 2016 draft) list.

I believe the biggest problem for the Crows is sorting out their off field problems to start with.

Sort out the CEO and head of football first.

Next sort out the fitness and Physio people. And assistant coaches.

Then sort out the playing groups culture.

And I know Ogilvie cops some criticism here, but he’s not 100% responsible for the Crows drafting.

I know at the Lions, Noble and Fagan are responsible for dictating what we look for in our draftees, and that goes beyond merely talent and skills. Then it’s up to Steph Conole to find those kids who fit in to our draft philosophies.

Then Conole and our recruiters sit down with Fagan and Noble to go through our preferred prospects.

I would be drafting kids with a combination of leadership and talent whenever possible.

And I would definitely be looking for your own version of Luke Hodge if possible. Probably actually 2 or 3 mature leaders if possible.

In terms of kids coming through. There’s not much difference between the Crows current list and the Lions of 2016 (before the 2016 draft) list.

I believe the biggest problem for the Crows is sorting out their off field problems to start with.

And I know Ogilvie cops some criticism here, but he’s not 100% responsible for the Crows drafting.

I know at the Lions, Noble and Fagan are responsible for dictating what we look for in our draftees, and that goes beyond merely talent and skills. Then it’s up to Steph Conole to find those kids who fit in to our draft philosophies.

Then Conole and our recruiters sit down with Fagan and Noble to go through our preferred prospects.

I would be drafting kids with a combination of leadership and talent whenever possible.

And I would definitely be looking for your own version of Luke Hodge if possible. Probably actually 2 or 3 mature leaders if possible.
Totally agree with tge off field calls. I think if they get tgat structure right and nail this draft and trade period they have the foundation. Next year should also be a low finishing one you'd think no matter what changes are made at the end of this year as it will take time to swing things around..that then gives the club another crack at the very pointy end of the draft. By 2022 i'd be looking for the onfield improvement to really begin

Totally agree with tge off field calls. I think if they get tgat structure right and nail this draft and trade period they have the foundation. Next year should also be a low finishing one you'd think no matter what changes are made at the end of this year as it will take time to swing things around..that then gives the club another crack at the very pointy end of the draft. By 2022 i'd be looking for the onfield improvement to really begin
Just keep in mind, we (the Lions) had significant on field improvement in 2018, in all but our win loss record, which didn’t improve at all compared to the previous three seasons.

Improvement on the field doesn’t always translate to more wins.

There's little doubt this is the case, until then we're going to be pushing s**t up hill.

Just keep in mind, we (the Lions) had significant on field improvement in 2018, in all but our win loss record, which didn’t improve at all compared to the previous three seasons.

Improvement on the field doesn’t always translate to more wins.
I think right now our coaching panel (not nicks but those below him) need to be totally changed as this no doubt is utterly hampering the players ability to perform and i'd say are damaging them which is a huge problem. If this alone can be redressed in the offseason along with a change to the fitness team it will go a long way to getting things back on track

Fun fact - our current percentage of 56.7% has only been “bettered” in the last 30 years by:

- The Suns 1st season (56.27%)
- The Giants 1st & 2nd seasons (46.17% & 50.97%)
- Mark Neeld’s 2013 Melbourne team (54.07%)
- Death-throes Fitzroy 1996 (49.47%)

Let’s not pretend we’re merely a ‘bad’ team - we’re in rarefied air in terms of the historical basket-cases. Given the extenuating circumstances for expansion/dying teams, only Melbourne could have a legitimate claim as a worse team in the AFL era.

We now leapfrog the baby Suns into 5th place for the worst percentages of all time. With Collingwood & Bulldogs to come, Neeld’s 2013 Melbourne are potentially under threat.

Unless to are an AFL love child, you don't get a PP
Even with this level of shitness at carlton OVER 5 seasons, the AFL only gave us the makey upey rule for state players for one year only
And only because they wanted to help gold coast who finished above us on the ladder that year
both sides have had 33 wins over this 6 year period
compare what GC were given last year, versus nothing to carlton
both sides have had 33 wins out of 99 games the last 6 years, so same win/loss ratio
I don't think adelaide all that popular at AFL house over the past few years, it a traditional football state, one team in SA doing ok
The AFL not going to help, you will need help yourselves and jokes aside, normal carlton support do feel, what you supporters are about to go through over the next few years

1596669535551.png

Luke himself would get a game and be in our best right now...

Chapman send that game to the AFL. At least 1 priority pick will likely occur as we are the worst standard side i have seen for 20 years. Then piss off and resign.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’ve had your fun can we have him back now please?

Given we will most likely have a winless season I wonder if the AFL will give us a rescue package like they gave the suns. Absolutely insane concessions.
We will not get anything while 40k supporters continue to go through the gate. They are doing more harm than good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back