Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2020 #1 Team - Season Cancelled

Remove this Banner Ad

Another Irish name. For the record, should she land at Freo, Roisin is pronounce Ro-sheen.
Any thoughts on Zoe Gillard from East Freo? Any chance with a late pick? Im curious, she’s a young friend (the one I mentioned was ‘mentored’ by Kellie Gibson), plays across half-back. Hoping to get drafted but I’m thinking she’s not there yet. She’s 20.

Another Irish name. For the record, should she land at Freo, Roisin is pronounce Ro-sheen.
Any thoughts on Zoe Gillard from East Freo? Any chance with a late pick? Im curious, she’s a young friend (the one I mentioned was ‘mentored’ by Kellie Gibson), plays across half-back. Hoping to get drafted but I’m thinking she’s not there yet. She’s 20.
Can you give us a summary of each player?

Gooch, Williams, Mascall, Grieve, Pugh, Cuthbertson, Stewart, O'Driscoll, Webb, McMahon and Tighe all resigned :) Good times.

edit - for those playing at home that leaves Clifford, Garstone, Rohde and Flood. Assuming all will be delisted.
Tighe is the key.

It’s great to have all the players back.

Can you give us a summary of each player?
No sorry - that was what I was asking. Someone earlier posted about Roisin Walsh (I was just giving the pronunciation) and I was asking opinions on Zoe Gillard. Hopefully someone who follows the WAFLW a bit more closely can shed some light.

No sorry - that was what I was asking. Someone earlier posted about Roisin Walsh (I was just giving the pronunciation) and I was asking opinions on Zoe Gillard. Hopefully someone who follows the WAFLW a bit more closely can shed some light.
Yeah she played in the game for EF v Swans on the weekend. She was lined up on Shanae Davison a bit from what I saw. Davison was one of the best on the ground so read into that what you want ;) Highly unlikely to be drafted but good on her for playing league level for the reigning premiers.

If you ever watch East Freo you should check out Chloe Reilly. Think she is still only 16yo. Absolute gun and looks a future AFLW star with her skillset.

Tighe is the key.

It’s great to have all the players back.
That video depicting the girls signing their contracts and stating they had unfinished business was beginning to bring a tear to my eye. With Fremantle being a team that has very much prided themselves in forging a unique, wholesome and proud identity, I feel it would just make sense, that our first premiership was within the women's league. The club was so prompt in investing in the league, and obviously very much values the competition as a whole. Man, I'd love for our first premiership to be an AFLW premiership! :)

Yeah she played in the game for EF v Swans on the weekend. She was lined up on Shanae Davison a bit from what I saw. Davison was one of the best on the ground so read into that what you want ;) Highly unlikely to be drafted but good on her for playing league level for the reigning premiers.

If you ever watch East Freo you should check out Chloe Reilly. Think she is still only 16yo. Absolute gun and looks a future AFLW star with her skillset.
I’m in Melbourne.

Who’s the draftable players this year?

Pretty sure she played in both of the Sharks past two premierships, but I think she’s a solid hard worker rather than someone good enough to get on a list. It’s a shame, she’s a top kid, mates with Roxy, and Evie Gooch is her idol. Says she loves playing in defence with her and that she’s a legend. 💪🏽

Is Shanae Davison related to Cassie?

Pretty sure she played in both of the Sharks past two premierships, but I think she’s a solid hard worker rather than someone good enough to get on a list. It’s a shame, she’s a top kid, mates with Roxy, and Evie Gooch is her idol. Says she loves playing in defence with her and that she’s a legend. 💪🏽

Is Shanae Davison related to Cassie?
Are you sure Zoe played in the EF premiership last year? I don't remember seeing her play that game. She seems to be pretty fearless out on the field, putting her head over the ball and body on the line. That East Freo side looks like they enjoy their footy.

Different spelling with last name for Shanae v Cassie Davidson.

Are you sure Zoe played in the EF premiership last year? I don't remember seeing her play that game. She seems to be pretty fearless out on the field, putting her head over the ball and body on the line. That East Freo side looks like they enjoy their footy.

Different spelling with last name for Shanae v Cassie Davidson.
I must have misunderstood what she said ‘winning a premiership is amazing. Going for the threepeat this year.’ She obvious must have meant winning one in general is great for a club.
Anyway sounds like she’s not a draft candidate.

On Cassie Davidson - she does a lot of work in Indigenous communities with pathways for girls into footy. Was she actually ‘delisted delisted’, or delisted to continue the work she’s doing? The pick we got from WC when we traded her netted us Bianca Webb. Seems like a huge win for us, but I’m just wondering if there’s more to it.

On Cassie Davidson - she does a lot of work in Indigenous communities with pathways for girls into footy. Was she actually ‘delisted delisted’, or delisted to continue the work she’s doing? The pick we got from WC when we traded her netted us Bianca Webb. Seems like a huge win for us, but I’m just wondering if there’s more to it.
I have no idea about Cassie. She's playing her first WAFLW game today (for Peel). I personally think she's a better player than a few on WC's list but I'd definitely take a developing Webb over her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The streamed game tomorrow (2:15pm) has a few of our players battling it out. O'Sullivan (EF) v Sergeant (CL) in the middle. Is Williams (EF) or Pugh (CL) going to be the best defender in the game (good luck to the key forwards on both sides)? Will Seth (EF) dominate playing half back or in the midfield? Will Garstone (CL) make us think we made a mistake delisting her?

You'll get to watch Roisin Walsh and Chloe Reilly (both EF) - a possible draftee this year and a likely future early pick.

Unfortunately the Subi v Peel (the top two teams on the ladder atm) game tonight isn't being streamed. Expecting Subi to be too good for Peel. Amy Lavell is doing a great job coaching Subi - and Miller is just class above everyone else at WAFLW level. Cuthbo is impenetrable down back. Although I really like some of the Peel youngsters. Rowley is a future star. Blicich could get drafted. And Verrier isn't far off AFLW quality either.

Swans v SF could get ugly especially with Ashley Sharp coming in to the team. Good luck Mim Strom.

The streamed game tomorrow (2:15pm) has a few of our players battling it out. O'Sullivan (EF) v Sergeant (CL) in the middle. Is Williams (EF) or Pugh (CL) going to be the best defender in the game (good luck to the key forwards on both sides)? Will Seth (EF) dominate playing half back or in the midfield? Will Garstone (CL) make us think we made a mistake delisting her?

You'll get to watch Roisin Walsh and Chloe Reilly (both EF) - a possible draftee this year and a likely future early pick.

Unfortunately the Subi v Peel (the top two teams on the ladder atm) game tonight isn't being streamed. Expecting Subi to be too good for Peel. Amy Lavell is doing a great job coaching Subi - and Miller is just class above everyone else at WAFLW level. Cuthbo is impenetrable down back. Although I really like some of the Peel youngsters. Rowley is a future star. Blicich could get drafted. And Verrier isn't far off AFLW quality either.

Swans v SF could get ugly especially with Ashley Sharp coming in to the team. Good luck Mim Strom.
do you if Blicich is related to Stephen Blicich? would be nice to have another daughter father.

AFL Draft Central did their interview this week with Rosie Walsh. 20 years old and 187cm key forward(?).

AFL Draft Central did their interview this week with Rosie Walsh. 20 years old and 187cm key forward(?).
We do have a 170cm ruck (Roxy) so I don't judge anymore :) I didn't think Walsh was that tall.

We do have a 170cm ruck (Roxy) so I don't judge anymore :) I didn't think Walsh was that tall.

187 would make her taller then Strom actually.

I think we're fine for KPFs, but I imagine if she's any good our mates down the road would love to grab her.

Hopefully, Tighe and Strom can ruck allowing Roxy to sit on girls shoulders.
I personally like Roxy coming into the ruck occasionally (and more importantly so does Roxy) - brings a new dimension that makes it hard for the opposition to counter quickly. Do think we will play Tighe forward in games next year.

187 would make her taller then Strom actually.

I think we're fine for KPFs, but I imagine if she's any good our mates down the road would love to grab her.
They have Laurie And Janz. Bring in Walsh, have Tighe and Strom rucking. Walsh, Roux and Houghton Up forward. Good luck getting past those three.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back