Racing August Daily punt- the thread with less weeks duration than Bowmans ban!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
He’s going from a 72-84 rating race to drumroll...... a 72-84 rating race.
Some of these here have either won a group race see Adelaide Ace
Or held thier own - Junipal against V&D

I don’t trust Pike either, especially in Melbourne

Showmanship maybe blows them away if the hype is on the money but I’m not touching it at $1.75

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
My thoughts on Saturday
Caulfield

R1. Sovereign Award too good

R2. Pass

R3. Street Icon

R4. Plein Ciel

R5. Rulership , originally keen on HS but looking at what Rulership has raced against and what it would’ve been against last week.. that’s classes above

R6. Fresh’s SP profile is a big tick I’m on - Pphone hard to beat if track plays fairly

R7. Last chance for BGTYM, word is may need the run but it’s going to give itself every chance if any bias is there

R8. MJ - just setup well for her been keen all week

R9. Adelaide Ace e/w can’t touch fav at that price

Others :

Randwick
R7. North Pacific
R8. Danzdanzdance

Morphettville
R5. Territory Titan
R6. Rothmoore
R7. Rainmoth e/w (octane form)
R8. Perfect Command

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Showmanship maybe blows them away if the hype is on the money but I’m not touching it at $1.75

Fair enough I was actually looking at the wrong race and he’s actually dropping in grade From a 78-90 last start, beat 6 individual stakes winners. I personally wouldn’t be looking at a resuming staying 3yo to win because he’s better than him. Only knock is the long break and hold at 1400 after travel to a new state.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong

Speaking of Pike has one ride at Geelong today - Carnamah r6

frantelle

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fair enough I was actually looking at the wrong race and he’s actually dropping in grade From a 78-90 last start, beat 6 individual stakes winners. I personally wouldn’t be looking at a resuming staying 3yo to win because he’s better than him. Only knock is the long break and hold at 1400 after travel to a new state.
Two of the perceived threats in Adelaide Ace and Wilmot Pass made their names in their 3YO season as well.

Agree the programming and distance are the main queries. Bob Peters was on radio yesterday saying he is struggling to find a race program for Showmanship and Superstorm given the inability to travel to NSW.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Harbour Views started it’s illustrious career at Warrnambool.
Indeed he did. Evidence below

20190501_123338.jpg

Two of the perceived threats in Adelaide Ace and Wilmot Pass made their names in their 3YO season as well.

Agree the programming and distance are the main queries. Bob Peters was on radio yesterday saying he is struggling to find a race program for Showmanship and Superstorm given the inability to travel to NSW.

He is a strange cat that old Bob - I would have thought the path to the Cox Plate in Victoria has been obvious for about the last 50 years.

Perhaps he thinks the optimal path is gutting them on bottomless tracks while even the boys eat his regumate salt licks.

frantelle

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
He is a strange cat that old Bob - I would have thought the path to the Cox Plate in Victoria has been obvious for about the last 50 years.

Perhaps he thinks the optimal path is gutting them on bottomless tracks while even the boys eat his regumate salt licks.
Hahahah

I'm not sure Showmanship is necessarily on a Cox Plate path, even though its nommed. Sounds as if AQ is the only def Cox Plate target with Regal Power maybe looking at a Caulfield Cup yet..?

Sounds as if he is very much concerned with taking Showmanship through each of its grades. If that wasn't the case it'd be a no brainer to target the handicap G1s early this spring

Hahahah

I'm not sure Showmanship is necessarily on a Cox Plate path, even though its nommed. Sounds as if AQ is the only def Cox Plate target with Regal Power maybe looking at a Caulfield Cup yet..?

Sounds as if he is very much concerned with taking Showmanship through each of its grades. If that wasn't the case it'd be a no brainer to target the handicap G1s early this spring

Exactly - I thought they are right up his alley - and is there something in the NSW system that makes it easier to get your rating up than Victoria? I wouldn't have thought so apart from the fact that fields are smaller in Sydney.

frantelle

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Exactly - I thought they are right up his alley - and is there something in the NSW system that makes it easier to get your rating up than Victoria? I wouldn't have thought so apart from the fact that fields are smaller in Sydney.
I'm not sure what he meant by that, but maybe there are a lack of 90 - 100 handicap type races in Vic over the next 4 - 6 weeks?

I get what he means by not taking it through ALL the grades, but he is good enough right now to win a handicap G1 then * the grades. Lock one away and regardless of how the other horses go its been a fruitful endeavor.

Anyway trying to understand Bob's logic is a waste of time. I did pot him for going the Peter Young? (1800) > Aus Cup (2000m) > All Star Mile with Regal Power and that seem to work out all right

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
The big field and possibly Pike getting it caught in no mans land is the only thing that will cost it the win

Has fitness on its side compared to most of these, and has a clear class edge, this should be winning better races than this over the spring

Ill be on assuming it stays at the 1.75 quote, anything shorter and no thanks

The big field and possibly Pike getting it caught in no mans land is the only thing that will cost it the win

Has fitness on its side compared to most of these, and has a clear class edge, this should be winning better races than this over the spring

Ill be on assuming it stays at the 1.75 quote, anything shorter and no thanks

Clear class edge yet has 2 horses rated higher than it and as VLM noted has another proven black type performer? The second fave has had two runs since his last one too so it must be super fit!!!!

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Hahahah

Of the the WA horses mentioned, I think Regal Power is the one with the goods

BuddysBiggestFan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Geelong

R2 Jharana

Liked the way it hit the line last time. Not sure why it’s double digit odds. Maybe it doesn’t like the soft and looks like a strong maiden.

Last edited:
Makybe Diva won her third start at Sale, after a debit 4th over 1200m at Benalla and a win over the mile at Wangaratta!

And we now have a winner for the (now) 2nd greatest horse ever to race at Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back