Review The Kids Teach the Old Men A Lesson (Hawks Review)

Remove this Banner Ad

The first Dockers game I went to was that '95 game against Geelong at the WACA. With my dad, who is a Geelong supporter (but pretended to be a Freo supporter for some years... and now denies it). It was heart-warming to see a former Geelong player kick such nice goals against his old club :)

It was my favourite Freo highlight for years.

Watched this again yesterday in the background, it hurts me to watch Fyfe not dominate but dominate. Does that make sense?

We are definitely a far better team when he and Walters don't have to do everything but there is just something about Fyfe in full flight that brings me joy.

The other thing I take from this is that I hope Hawthorn are anchored in the bottom 4 for the next 10+ years.

Watched this again yesterday in the background, it hurts me to watch Fyfe not dominate but dominate. Does that make sense?

We are definitely a far better team when he and Walters don't have to do everything but there is just something about Fyfe in full flight that brings me joy.

The other thing I take from this is that I hope Hawthorn are anchored in the bottom 4 for the next 10+ years.
I know what you mean. Moment for me that sums up peak Fyfe dominance was that goal against Geelong where 4 of them tried to tackle him and he brushed them off like they were under 12s to snap a goal.

I do miss watching peak Fyfe

I know what you mean. Moment for me that sums up peak Fyfe dominance was that goal against Geelong where 4 of them tried to tackle him and he brushed them off like they were under 12s to snap a goal.

I do miss watching peak Fyfe
Exactly the game and moment l thought of when I read 'Fyfe in full flight's. Also the burst away from the tackler on the members wing in the same game. There's a camera angle from the other side of the ground where you can see the reserve umpires reaction who's sitting on the bench about 5 metres away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back