Roast Classic Tom Browne Moments

Remove this Banner Ad

They were criticising being abused by punters losing money. Big difference.

They can turn off their social media profiles then, or get another job, or accept lower wages in a sport not reliant on gambling revenue.

Odd that I agree with Tom but a stopped clock is right twice a day.

They can turn off their social media profiles then, or get another job, or accept lower wages in a sport not reliant on gambling revenue.

Or they can just say f*** off to anyone sending abusive tweets to them because the sad sack lost a hundred bucks on his multi. Either way.

This thread is devolving into just sharing seemingly every Tom Browne tweet and utterance. I don't need that in my life. Let's keep this to CLASSIC TB moments!

but but...
Just about every word he utters and every tweet he tweetles is stone cold classic ridiculousness.

That’s all we get.

Nah, they weren't talking about good fun banter, they were talking about people losing their s**t and sending death threats and the like.

In what world do you live in where players should just cop it or turn off their social media, and if they don't then dickheads can rightfully send death threats? Not how it works.

Also being sent death threats and other abuse is in no way related to gambling revenue. They could get 100% of their income from gambling revenue, still ****ed to do so.

For the record I love a good melt when my shitty multi loses by 1 leg but I keep it the melts to mates only, like a normal person.
Because my mates know it's a joke. Cam Guthrie doesn't know if I'm a normal guy a bit jokingly upset or a crazed psycho ready to track him down when I tell him I'm gonna kill his family because he didn't get 15 touches. If you actually send death threats you're a * wit.

Nah, they weren't talking about good fun banter, they were talking about people losing their sh*t and sending death threats and the like.

In what world do you live in where players should just cop it or turn off their social media, and if they don't then dickheads can rightfully send death threats? Not how it works.

Also being sent death threats and other abuse is in no way related to gambling revenue. They could get 100% of their income from gambling revenue, still f’ed to do so.

For the record I love a good melt when my shitty multi loses by 1 leg but I keep it the melts to mates only, like a normal person.
Because my mates know it's a joke. Cam Guthrie doesn't know if I'm a normal guy a bit jokingly upset or a crazed psycho ready to track him down when I tell him I'm gonna kill his family because he didn't get 15 touches. If you actually send death threats you're a fu** wit.

Did I post that I think they can rightfully send death threats? Dishonest posting from you.

If you are in the public eye and accessible you are going to cop it from weirdos online, that is the nature of celebrity.

Tom's argument (I think) is that the gambling creates the abuse and threats but the gambling is a big reason why they get paid what they do.

We’re gonna need some more Gart license plates.

EfWqqqbU8AAaY8t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan Andrews needs to get him on board.

Potentially good News for victoria. cOVID Cases trending towards zero. Expect, 8000 today but word is officials playing it conservative before declaring peak over. Vaccine 2022?

Lol at thinking Damien Hardwick would use a tweet to fire up his players before a final (if they played Brisbane, something to do with Mitch Robinson). This bloke lives in a cocoon.

i learnt a new word today and i’m so happy with myself i’ll use it twice in one tweet even though the actual word doesn’t quite fit in with what i’m rambling on about.

Wouldn't be because he got called out on something being an exclusive when it was in the news 10 days prior

It’s my potential good news understanding that Joe Daniher is being conservative by not playing in a scratch match and instead building towards a non setback that does or maybe doesn’t reflect playing sometime and so on and so forth..etc

didn't get injured today waking up, potentially on the footpath before the road to a comeback etc etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back