Memberships 2020 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 48,775)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh , ok i didnt even know they were taking donations in previous years , all good .
No no I mean if someone purchased a membership $50 or above it was counted towards the tally. I think it's an AFL rule. So this year instead of a membership it's a donation but the same rule applies.

So instead of putting up $300 you could do 6x $50 payments and skew the stats? I'm doing that next year, we could all do it and make us look like Hawks with a heap of canine members.
Not exactly sure, I think your name would be only counted once.

Sweet

What about the girls TEAM
What was their final number

Hehehe

Last time i remember was about 2500??
Not sure
Oh I thought you meant the girl on Twitter who was signing people up.

Not sure of girls final number, I think that gets calculated August 31.

Sweet

What about the girls TEAM
What was their final number

Hehehe

Last time i remember was about 2500??
Not sure
P.C.......I can tell you what the girl's membership number was as of June 5th.....2,282.

The club told me at that point,we were 3rd on the membership table....Tigers were first....an interstate club second......and we were third.

I'm up and about today.....what a win.....not good for the heart tho.

The paddles were well and truly on my chest for that last qtr.

As of the close of business last night.........our membership number was:

No no I mean if someone purchased a membership $50 or above it was counted towards the tally. I think it's an AFL rule. So this year instead of a membership it's a donation but the same rule applies.

Not exactly sure, I think your name would be only counted once.

So put them in family members names?

So put them in family members names?
Well if you have six memberships under the same name it would only count as one member, I would assume.

If you had something like;

Joe Blogs
Sue Blogs
Shane Blogs

It would count as three.

Out of interest, has anyone had any direct communications from the club concerning their membership - a thank you for support despite the fact that games cannot be attended? An offer of rebates if you are facing hardship? anything at all?

I may be missing something but I have not had an email from the club since March.

Out of interest, has anyone had any direct communications from the club concerning their membership - a thank you for support despite the fact that games cannot be attended? An offer of rebates if you are facing hardship? anything at all?

I may be missing something but I have not had an email from the club since March.

I doubt any one is at the club other than absolute minimal staff. All essential ones will be in Queensland and even getting the legal approval to send out anything would be tricky right now. Anything you send out that could expose the club to paying out money or assuming that people are making a donation if they don't claim it back would need some pretty serious legal advise.

They might even be avoiding communicating because it might actually cause a rush on people pulling money back. If they do when we have just played a final or have a higher level of success they would be a lot more likely to get people leaving their membership money with the club. They are going to upgrade all memberships next year, perhaps they'll announce it all with a sweeter at an opportune time.

Yes one was sent last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to get something off my chest here. Will probably delete later, but just pissed off and wanted to vent anonymously on the internet.

For context, next year is my 25th consecutive as a member. Made more then one donation to the club over the years. Also pay for my young nephews, and have for many years. Now I get membership isn't everything, and people support in the best way they can. Just some context that the following is hardly coming from someone who discovered AFL 2 minutes ago.

Signed the kids up again this year. No games of course - happy for the donation to the club.

Was informed by the club that the kids packs they normally get (scarves, toys etc) are not available to be sent this year. I completely understand supply chain issues in the current environment. That is beyond the clubs control, and I am sure the staff on jobkeeper have better things to do then create something from the stock already sitting at Moorabbin.

In lieu of this, I asked if something else could be done for the kids. Just some sort of token gesture. The memberships person said they could potentially arrange a phone call or video from one of the players to the kids to say thanks. I said great. Any player. Any time. Just something to help keep them engaged. Yes we get very little out of a membership in 2020, but that shows the club actually makes some effort to say thanks.

I just received a follow up email saying that unfortunately the club is not able to assist in anyway due to current circumstances.

So 45 players on a list. Living in a hub. More than 20 not playing weekly. Not one has the time to make a 5 minute call to 2 kids? Not tomorrow. Anytime in the next 3 - 6 months will do. Doesn't have to be a favourite like Steele or Max. Any bloody player would get them excited. I know we have 40k+ members, but seriously? This is really where the club wants to draw the line for unavailability?

At this point I am just thinking that f**k I didn't tell them it might happen. Poor things would be absolutely crushed! At the very least, those selling memberships should 100% stop suggesting this could happen. What if some parent mentions a possible call to their kids, and then this happens? I get it wasn't guaranteed. We are adults and can get our heads around the real world. But how the hell do you explain to a 6yo that a player is too busy for them?

More importantly, that's it from the club in terms of communication. A thank you for your $$ email to an adult. No offer of perhaps x,y,z for the kids instead. I get the players are busy. I get the staff are busy and stressed. But no thought of "even though players are unavailable we could (insert idea here)" for the kids (not me). Yes the club needs money to survive, but wrong priority guys.

As someone who runs my own business in the Bayside area, that is seriously f**kin average.

I know most people are probably going to jump in and say I am whinging. I should just support the club and expect nothing in return. That the $$ were essentially given as a donation, and people shouldn't give expecting they will get anything in return

I guess with all of the noise about new leadership and a new direction at the club, I just thought it might be different somehow. In hindsight, I really just wish I had given the donation to somebody out feeding the homeless during the pandemic. Rather then a multi-million dollar football club that treats people the same as any other giant company out there (that we all deal with all the time, and are always left feeling like a number and not a person). I know their focus is on the field and they don't really give a f**k about supporters. I am hardly that naive. Just sucks to be reminded of it.

Anyway, as I say I will probably pull this down later. Times are rough at the moment, and it probably breaks forum rules about sh*tcanning the club.

But IMO, this was pretty bloody average. The club can, and IMO should, be better then that.

Last edited:
Need to get something off my chest here. Will probably delete later, but just pissed off and wanted to vent anonymously on the internet.

For context, next year is my 25th consecutive as a member. Made more then one donation to the club over the years. Also pay for my young nephews, and have for many years. Now I get membership isn't everything, and people support in the best way they can. Just some context that the following is hardly coming from someone who discovered AFL 2 minutes ago.

Signed the kids up again this year. No games of course - happy for the donation to the club.

Was informed by the club that the kids packs they normally get (scarves, toys etc) are not available to be sent this year. I completely understand supply chain issues in the current environment. That is beyond the clubs control, and I am sure the staff on jobkeeper have better things to do then create something from the stock already sitting at Moorabbin.

In lieu of this, I asked if something else could be done for the kids. Just some sort of token gesture. The memberships person said they could potentially arrange a phone call or video from one of the players to the kids to say thanks. I said great. Any player. Any time. Just something to help keep them engaged. Yes we get very little out of a membership in 2020, but that shows the club actually makes some effort to say thanks.

I just received a follow up email saying that unfortunately the club is not able to assist in anyway due to current circumstances.

So 45 players on a list. Living in a hub. More than 20 not playing weekly. Not one has the time to make a 5 minute call to 2 kids? Not tomorrow. Anytime in the next 3 - 6 months will do. I know we have 40k+ members, but seriously? This is really where the club wants to draw the line for unavailability?

More importantly, that's it from the club in terms of communication. A thank you for your $$ email to an adult. No offer of perhaps x,y,z for the kids instead. I get the players are busy. I get the staff are busy and stressed. But no thought of "even though players are unavailable we could (insert idea here)" for the kids (not me).

As someone who runs my own business in the Bayside area, that is seriously f**kin average.

I know most people are probably going to jump in and say I am whinging. I should just support the club and expect nothing in return. That the $$ were essentially given as a donation, and people shouldn't give expecting they will get anything in return

I guess with all of the noise about new leadership and a new direction at the club, I just thought it might be different somehow. In hindsight, I really just wish I had given the donation to somebody out feeding the homeless during the pandemic. Rather then a multi-million dollar football club that treats people the same as any other giant company out there (that we all deal with all the time, and are always left feeling like a number and not a person). I know their focus is on the field and they don't really give a f**k about supporters. I am hardly that naive. Just sucks to be reminded of it.

Anyway, as I say I will probably pull this down later. Times are rough at the moment, and it probably breaks forum rules about sh*tcanning the club.

But IMO, this was pretty bloody average. The club can, and IMO should, be better then that.

It’s a shame.
Especially as people have dug deep this season. I don’t believe that it’s too much to ask for one player in the hub to pick up a phone for a chat.
You’re entitled to your vent. It’s disappointing.

Last edited:

So 45 players on a list. Living in a hub. More than 20 not playing weekly. Not one has the time to make a 5 minute call to 2 kids? Not tomorrow. Anytime in the next 3 - 6 months will do. Doesn't have to be a favourite like Steele or Max. Any bloody player would get them excited. I know we have 40k+ members, but seriously? This is really where the club wants to draw the line for unavailability?

At this point I am just thinking that f**k I didn't tell them it might happen. Poor things would be absolutely crushed! At the very least, those selling memberships should 100% stop suggesting this could happen. What if some parent mentions a possible call to their kids, and then this happens? I get it wasn't guaranteed. We are adults and can get our heads around the real world. But how the hell do you explain to a 6yo that a player is too busy for them?

More importantly, that's it from the club in terms of communication. A thank you for your $$ email to an adult. No offer of perhaps x,y,z for the kids instead. I get the players are busy. I get the staff are busy and stressed. But no thought of "even though players are unavailable we could (insert idea here)" for the kids (not me). Yes the club needs money to survive, but wrong priority guys.

Happy to talk to the club / forward this on for you if you want mate.

Genuinely appreciate the offer. Maybe we could take it up on PM in a few days? Bit pissed off to engage too constructively at the moment!
Nup completely understand I still speak regularly to Matt's assistant so if you're up for a chat via PM there's no worries with me passing it on for you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back