Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
AFLQ Facebook says 2pm also
Adjustments.JPG

We can watch that game here

QAFL Round 6 Action:

Live Stream - Palm Beach Currumbin Australian Football Club v Broadbeach Cats Australian Football Club 2:00pm

Yeah, I subscribed to the YT channel, and I noticed it there, and he mentioned that's where you can watch it.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Academy type of player

“We have got a real type of player, obviously they will play different positions, but a real type of player we want to play and that is driven from Dewy and the football department,” Raines said.

“There is definitely a strategy there.
They need to have leg speed for a start and an ability to cover the ground. That is huge in the AFL system.
“They need to be able to put pressure on and get involved in team defence.
“They are all different but they need the team-first mentality.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Does anyone know of the ongoing development or lack thereof of Malachi Dumas??
What's happening? Can't get in the academy team? Looks like he's playing QFA Div 2 footy for Cooly this year which probably isn't good enough to warrant a spot in our academy.

Academy type of player

That's quite interesting.
Definitely interesting. I like that there is a unified message from the senior coach all the way down to our academy/colts team. We are developing these kids as if they are going to play for us one day. That's where a player like Jack Johnston might get a chance because we are a bit scarce in our key defender stocks at the moment, especially considering Rory will be 30 next year.

Jen2310 I'm not sure where you got the team list from last week but is there one this week as well? If so, can you please post it?

What's happening? Can't get in the academy team? Looks like he's playing QFA Div 2 footy for Cooly this year which probably isn't good enough to warrant a spot in our academy.

Definitely interesting. I like that there is a unified message from the senior coach all the way down to our academy/colts team. We are developing these kids as if they are going to play for us one day. That's where a player like Jack Johnston might get a chance because we are a bit scarce in our key defender stocks at the moment, especially considering Rory will be 30 next year.

Jen2310 I'm not sure where you got the team list from last week but is there one this week as well? If so, can you please post it?
Someone else posted it. But I'll see what I can find.

My apologies. I thought you posted it.

I'm hoping Davies has been named. I want to watch him play tomorrow.
He won't play. If the series was longer, he would have but the fact bris/suns were only playing each other, so tomorrows game is the last in the series.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He won't play. If the series was longer, he would have but the fact bris/suns were only playing each other, so tomorrows game is the last in the series.
That's a shame. Probably better for us in terms of bids at the draft though.

We can watch that game here

QAFL Round 6 Action:

Live Stream - Palm Beach Currumbin Australian Football Club v Broadbeach Cats Australian Football Club 2:00pm

Really nice to see the local coverage increasing in Queensland. Outside of Gore, are any of our other academy players taking part in this game? I see Palmy have the Crossley brothers as well as Max Spencer. Plenty of former AFL players running around.

That's a shame. Probably better for us in terms of bids at the draft though.

Really nice to see the local coverage increasing in Queensland. Outside of Gore, are any of our other academy players taking part in this game? I see Palmy have the Crossley brothers as well as Max Spencer. Plenty of former AFL players running around.
I just realized this was today, so ive turned it on. Gilmore? Not sure if he is in the academy, I'm not familiar with everyone from the academy.

Potentially the reason one of your favourites didn't get drafted Jen.
Think he's worked on a few of those aspects though. Looks more athletic.
Gore? Yeah, he looks better this year. I think he worked on a lot of things in this pre-season.

Geez, what a finish to this palm beach v Broadbeach game. Broady win by 1 point.

Nutting kicked 2-3 goals, he looked pretty good. He was one of the main targets inside 50. Gore seemed to be doing a lot of work around stoppages, also had very good pressure on the opposition.

Back