How long has Daniel Andrews got left?

When will Daniel Andrews fall on his sword?

• August

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • September

• October

• November

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • December

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Next year

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Never

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

People care, but the Vic Libs tried to run a whole election on it and got thumped.

I still remember on election day I lost count of how many people would grab a HTV card (from anyone but the libs) and say "I braved the sudanese gangs and race riots to leave the safety of my house just to be here!!!"

they really overcooked the whole bloodshed on our streets bit

I still remember on election day I lost count of how many people would grab a HTV card (from anyone but the libs) and say "I braved the sudanese gangs and race riots to leave the safety of my house just to be here!!!"

they really overcooked the whole bloodshed on our streets bit

Didn't help when Peter Dutton claimed that Melbournians were "afraid to go out for dinner", haha.

‘they had huge billboards in Bentleigh etc saying how dangerous it is to live there under an Andrews government. They are seriously out of touch
You don't want to look the wrong way at someone in Bentleigh. You might just end up being talked about as an undesirable at the next dinner party.

Didn't help when Peter Dutton claimed that Melbournians were "afraid to go out for dinner", haha.

Really? I know this is a cliche amongst far-left inner city and media types, but is the ordinary Australian really appalled when a politician raises an issue of public safety? Really?

Really? I know this is a cliche amongst far-left inner city and media types, but is the ordinary Australian really appalled when a politician raises an issue of public safety? Really?
It just wasn't true, though. Melbournites weren't afraid to go out for dinner, and the otherwise healthy state of the restaurant industry (up until you-know-what) bears testament to that.

It's like me saying that people are too afraid to go on long weekend holidays because of drunk drivers. Yes, drunk drivers are a public safety issue, but I'd be overstating the threat to a ridiculous degree.

It just wasn't true, though. Melbournites weren't afraid to go out for dinner, and the otherwise healthy state of the restaurant industry (up until you-know-what) bears testament to that.

It's like me saying that people are too afraid to go on long weekend holidays because of drunk drivers. Yes, drunk drivers are a public safety issue, but I'd be overstating the threat to a ridiculous degree.

Are you being a little too literal though? Was what Dutton was saying, not that left-wing inner city residents stop before booking their restaurant meal in fear OR was Dutton saying that ordinary Australians out in the suburbs and elderly residents have an inkling of doubt as to their safety when heading outside at night?

Are you being a little too literal though? Was what Dutton was saying, not that left-wing inner city residents stop before booking their restaurant meal in fear OR was Dutton saying that ordinary Australians out in the suburbs and elderly residents have an inkling of doubt as to their safety when heading outside at night?
The quote is:
" The Victorian public is really outraged by some of the goings on ... the reality is people are scared to go out to restaurants of a night time because they’re followed home by these gangs, home invasion and cars are stolen."

It seems pretty full-on to me, and certainly Sudanese gangs were not some omnipresent threat making people scared to go out to restaurants, as Dutton puts it.

Was the vision of the violence on TV enough to make a sizeable portion of suburban Melburnians think twice about their safety out at night?

Was the vision of the violence on TV enough to make a sizeable portion of suburban Melburnians think twice about their safety out at night?
Not enough to make them "scared to go out to a restaurant at night". It's just not an ever-present threat in the minds of most people like that, and so Dutton's comments came across as laughable hyperbole (or, at least, where I lived in Melbourne at the time). Certainly, it made people twitchy about groups of African kids in any kind of shopping strip - regardless of whether they were doing anything wrong, of course - but I wager that most people go throughout their daily Melbournian lives without seeing a single black African face most days, so the idea that African gangs are making people scared to go to dinner was ridiculous.

‘they had huge billboards in Bentleigh etc saying how dangerous it is to live there under an Andrews government. They are seriously out of touch

They have been a joke since Kennett. Im not close all to any of it and never was but you hear stories re preselections for the party and basically hear that decent people have bugger all chance of getting preselected (and same at federal level).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have been a joke since Kennett. Im not close all to any of it and never was but you hear stories re preselections for the party and basically hear that decent people have bugger all chance of getting preselected (and same at federal level).

tim smith is not the type who appeals to Kew/Kooyong voters. How did that happen?

He’ll be fine. He is on a huge majority, and I think most people outside of BigFooty’s shouty SRP board and Murdoch media see privately contracted security as an error, but one that was made by all states

He pushed the hard lockdown, harder than other states, and it has been shown that it was a sensible decision.

The outbreak has hurt him politically, but it has also nullified the “Dictator Dan” tag.

The hotel quarantine * up was only made by the Andrew's government not the other states.

Even before that he had imposed a harder lock down and much greater fines than the other states.

It's bizarre that these could be described as a "sensible decisions".

If he doesn’t choose to go early, Andrews could go right through to 2022.

It is hard to describe how s**t the Libs are in Victoria. O’Brien is an empty shirt and as treasurer has already used state funds as an electoral punji pit, Matthew Guy has been rejected once, had a fascinating time as planning minister and cuddled up to organised crime and Tim Smith is a buffoon.

Politics on both sides attracts and rewards a narrow band of ne’er do wells and chancers.

Never, far too arrogant.

"That contract isn't worth the paper it's written on"

Andrews clearly misjudged his legal position on East-West but why does Michael O’Brien get a free pass for his role in the debacle? First of all if you really believe in a project but have published no analysis as to the economic benefit why sign the contract two months out from the election when you should take it to the people for the vote?

And when you’ve signed a contract, why does it need a side letter guaranteeing $1B compensation, above and beyond costs incurred?

Worst Premier Victoria has had in the last 40 years - and there's been some absolute stinkers from labor.

Labor are useless in times of economic downturn, and dangerous in a crisis. This is not the 80's where inciting a month long tram strike is the worst a Premier could do (Although Cain did go on to completely decimate the state)

We may never recover from the incompetence and negligence Labor have been guilty of this year alone.

Victoria must act and remove this stain on our once great state.

I'm not convinced anyone actually would want the job at the moment.

If the government is somehow found to have been negligent or otherwise incompetently responsible for the outbreak then the lawsuits for damages against the state will be significant.

We live in the timeline where Side A can cause the trouble, Side B get into power and the government has to pay damages and Side A blames Side B for the state having no money for 20 years

We live in the timeline where Side A can cause the trouble, Side B get into power and the government has to pay damages and Side A blames Side B for the state having no money for 20 years

You have just described Australian politics since Federation.

Dan Andrews has the job as long as he wants it. The opposition is an absolute shambles, so he'll go out on his own terms. The politics of this pandemic have taken their toll on Andrews, so I think he'll be looking at a new career as soon as the job is finished.

As a swinging voter, I'm more disappointed with the LNP than the ALP in Victoria. Now is the time to offer a viable alternative ffs.

He will curse BLM and Unified Security for the rest of his days.

At the time he would have thought them minor 'Oh it's just a little protest' and 'Tik tac toe..oh look, a woke security company with an expired security licence' and yet those 2 decisions have destroyed the state.

When you start to doubt your own decision making, then you know it's time to move on.

Doubting our decision making processes is something that would benefit all of us.

In Victoria, your choice is Dan Andrews or tumbleweed.

A lot of people have conveniently forgotten this in the mist of the pandemic catastrophe, but federal labour have actually appointed administrators and have seized control in all federal and state preselections because of the industrial scale branch stacking and corruption under Daniel Andrews watch. This scandal would have got far more continuing coverage if it hadn't been for the Danny's virus disaster. What's the old saying, if you can't run your own party you can't run the country or state? Anyhow throw in his incompetence and mismanagement of hotel quarantining and contact tracing and tumbleweed is looking pretty damn appealing. Certainly couldn't be any worse that the shambolic government we have at the present moment.

Back