Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh. I feel like it goes without saying, but if you're an opposition (Collingwood) fan looking to come over and get into a fight about Maynard's bump/tribunal case (again), go elsewhere.

No more warnings, cards will be handed out. Please read the room.

Against witches hats.

Witches hats that had played in the grand final merely 10 games previous to this (admittedly, a match where they were also witches hats).

Witches hats that had played in the grand final merely 10 games previous to this (admittedly, a match where they were also witches hats).
Adelaide were missing like half their team that game. Their starting midfield was Jordan Gallucci, Matt Crouch and Bryce Gibbs. It wasn’t even Brayshaw’s best game that year.

That's like saying we were good in 2019 because we were in the prelim in 18. Adelaide played the worst against us almost anyone has.

Not linking the article but AFL.com Goodwin saying he got stuck on the bench a couple of times on the weekend, he is fit, a good player just not at his best, assures he is playing this week.

Enjoyed the amount of shots he had on goal. He's not as clean as the other mids but he breaks the 50 more than the others.

Same conundrum though, if he plays inside then Viney gets stuck on the wing etc.

I reckon if we had another true winger (to go with Langdon), we could balance it as long as Harmes and Jones aren't both in the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoyed the amount of shots he had on goal. He's not as clean as the other mids but he breaks the 50 more than the others.

Same conundrum though, if he plays inside then Viney gets stuck on the wing etc.

No one can play 100% of their time in the middle or 100% game time though, sort out the rotations and all 4 of them can play at least 50%-60% of their game time in the centre. We might be able to make the 4 of them work well together.

I reckon if we had another true winger (to go with Langdon), we could balance it as long as Harmes and Jones aren't both in the side.
No one can play 100% of their time in the middle or 100% game time though, sort out the rotations and all 4 of them can play at least 50%-60% of their game time in the centre. We might be able to make the 4 of them work well together.
Only if Oliver and Trac continue playing as they are, I'd prefer we play a more dynamic type at the bounce and around the stoppages but if Oliver and Trac can attack then it means Brayshaw can hunt the ball more as can Viney

Only if Oliver and Trac continue playing as they are, I'd prefer we play a more dynamic type at the bounce and around the stoppages but if Oliver and Trac can attack then it means Brayshaw can hunt the ball more as can Viney

Your not wrong, hopefully they keep it up. Thinking positively though Brayshaw is not so old that he can't keep developing into something more dynamic as well. Even Viney has become a little less see ball hack ball forward this year.

Your not wrong, hopefully they keep it up. Thinking positively though Brayshaw is not so old that he can't keep developing into something more dynamic as well. Even Viney has become a little less see ball hack ball forward this year.
Gussy played half back in 2017 right? He's not the worst user of the footy.

Why does a guy who ran 2.81 20m sprint or something look so ******* slow though...

We wouldn’t even get a late second, was lucky when he strung together his third in the Brownlow season.....
someone would stump up a top 20 pick, I've got renewed faith that Trac, Oliver, Viney and Brayshaw can play together..harmes concerns me though, not sure he'd be happy to play as depth and he doesn't hold as much value.

someone would stump up a top 20 pick, I've got renewed faith that Trac, Oliver, Viney and Brayshaw can play together..harmes concerns me though, not sure he'd be happy to play as depth and he doesn't hold as much value.
I agree he is great, was poking fun at those who had been shut canning him all year.

Highly unlikely a 10-20 pick would be better value than Brayshaw. Not saying a side would offer 10-20, they may, but, even if they did, its highly unlikely that whoever we take, would have a better career than Brayshaw.

Still want to trade him, anyone?
If they decide to put him back on the wing again then s**t yeah I wanna trade him.
Let's not forget in the same game Sparrow had 8 disposals or something like that which is the same lack of output of Brayshaw.

But yes let's all rest on our laurels after beating 3 pretty s**t teams that's the Melbourne way 👍

If they decide to put him back on the wing again then sh*t yeah I wanna trade him.
Let's not forget in the same game Sparrow had 8 disposals or something like that which is the same lack of output of Brayshaw.

But yes let's all rest on our laurels after beating 3 pretty sh*t teams that's the Melbourne way 👍

Except Sparrow has played 4 games mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back