Nat Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

hes just another midfielder in a long line of over rated midfielders with high possesion numbers whos had FA impact when it came down to the crunch

Jesus Christ mate , I just counted you have posted 17 times on this thread. We get it your scared Fyfe may be better than Dusty but just relax a bit.

Jesus Christ mate , I just counted you have posted 17 times on this thread. We get it your scared Fyfe may be better than Dusty but just relax a bit.
mate i dont know y but i feel an obligation to alert ppl that this bloke is way way overated and doesnt even deserve to mentioned in the same breath
as players like Franklin,Judd,Matera etc let alone out n out legends of the game,geez are ppl forgetting the chance he had in '13 to stamp himself...gues what
he choked,REMEMBER.champions dont choke
you know the old saying 'the standard you pass by is the standard you accept'....well i dont accept that this is the standard that makes a champion
plain n simple...a good player...so what

mate i dont know y but i feel an obligation to alert ppl that this bloke is way way overated and doesnt even deserve to mentioned in the same breath
as players like Franklin,Judd,Matera etc let alone out n out legends of the game,geez are ppl forgetting the chance he had in '13 to stamp himself...gues what
he choked,REMEMBER.champions dont choke
you know the old saying 'the standard you pass by is the standard you accept'....well i dont accept that this is the standard that makes a champion
plain n simple...a good player...so what
He led a team to the Grand Final as a 21 year old ffs...

He also still has a solid game despite being 21 and playing one of the greatest teams of all time.

ROFL,not even close to one of the...n pls dont cite the charlie...its a midfielders award and has been for the last 10-14 years
Ok then, name a player who has been better than Fyfe over the last 6 years

Absolute gun. Was once my favourite opposition player, until he started dominating against my team every time we played. Still one of my favs though.

I remember a thread about him vs Martin and I leaned toward Martin because of his big game output and him getting the most out of each disposal.

Having watched him tonight I think I have to sway towards Fyfe. It's scary how clean he was and physically dominant at a level i've rarely seen from a midfielder. Men against boys stuff.

Definitely one of the most dominant (doesn't mean best) players of all time.

Along with GAJ, Martin and Buddy, he’s one of the four players from the last decade who just stand apart from the rest.

I could pull out a pile of stats, awards and highlights to make a case for any of them being the best - But I’d rather just say they are all uniquely brilliant at what they do best and what they do best is different from each other.

Fyfe is always going to suffer in comparison though because his prime years were in a rebuilding side outside of Victoria. At least GAJ and Buddy had some of their prime in a great team before chasing the coin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he's been the best AFL player for the last 6 years.

His exclusions from even the AA 40 man squad in 2017-2018 (missed about 7 games in 2018 but was still one of the best players in the league) showed how little they rated him over east. Punishing him on not continuing his 2014/2015 form and rewarding players who while stepped up, were not on Fyfes level

Along with GAJ, Martin and Buddy, he’s one of the four players from the last decade who just stand apart from the rest.

I could pull out a pile of stats, awards and highlights to make a case for any of them being the best - But I’d rather just say they are all uniquely brilliant at what they do best and what they do best is different from each other.

Fyfe is always going to suffer in comparison though because his prime years were in a rebuilding side outside of Victoria. At least GAJ and Buddy had some of their prime in a great team before chasing the coin.
Playing with the obvious injury at the tail end of 2015 which wrote off his 2016 and clear he wasnt at his "best" in 2017 playing a different role as well. Probably lost 2 elite years in that time.

Fyfe comfortably the best individual career of all current players for mine.

Ahead of Gaz Jnr? No chance

Gaz Jnr, Buddy & Judd all comfortably ahead for me. So not even top 3, let alone 1.

He is top 10 (probably 5th or 6th) and in the same tier as Dusty & Danger, probably ahead of them though, just. Yes cue the Lol Clangerfield comments.

Last edited:

Unlike Gaz, Martin and Buddy

... no premiership.

Lol, although Fyfe and Martin are absolutely gun players they are a couple of levels below Judd in his heyday.

Lol, although Fyfe and Martin are absolutely gun players they are a couple of levels below Judd in his heyday.

Sorry, do you need me to repeat my post again but a bit slower for you...

“Along with GAJ, Martin and Buddy...” with me still

“...he’s one of the four players...” ok, still following

“...from the last decade...” there we go, that’s the bit you missed.

Wasn’t comparing him to Judd, wasn’t diminishing Judd. Bloody amazing player in his heyday. Unless you’re making a case for his Carlton days being his heyday, and then I will dispute your assertion.

Unlike Gaz, Martin and Buddy

... no premiership.

Hence my comment about the big issue for Fyfe’s legacy being his prime being in a rebuilding side. Jeez - it’s like you’ve decided your response so you don’t actually read and digest the post.

There’s no coincidence Fyfe’s best ever run of games was in 2015 when Freo topped the ladder. He’s been carrying a bunch of rookies and journeymen since 2016.

Ahead of Gaz Jnr? No chance

Gaz Jnr, Buddy & Judd all comfortably ahead for me. So not even top 3, let alone 1.

He is top 10 (probably 5th or 6th) and in the same tier as Dusty & Danger, probably ahead of them though, just. Yes cue the Lol Clangerfield comments.
forgot about Ablett and Buddy, probably because injured or out on personal leave... you’re right, he’s behind them both. But imo he’s definitely above dusty and danger.

In a team sport

You reckon Michael Jordan would consider himself the goat if he never overcame those Pistons and win 6 champiobships in a "team" sport?

You can't reach atop the mountain, you shouldn't be in the conversation for this almighty accolade.

Hes a phenomenal player, but a career incomplete without a premiership, he's in the Robert Harvey, Scott West, Lenny Hayes, Nathan Buckley tier. And seriously, that's fantastic company.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back