everyone needs introductions

My second guess was that you were Greek. I know a couple of people with the surname Economopoulos.

I know some Economouses ... or is that Economi? ;)

Econopower

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I can see why he likes Hinkley so much then, peas in a pod.

Thinking that 2020 has been a pretty good year overall is not the same thing as being an admirer of Ken.

It’s this kind of logic that can make this board (and others) hard to read at times.

It may also be a reason why a lot of potential posters are put off from joining in more often.

There are ways to disagree without resorting to derogatory inferences.

Bungeye

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I tend to find people who post from overseas alot more positive and balanced than people living in Australia. Maybe, South Aussies are a depressive lot due to the environment surrounding them. I live in SA and I applaude you for seeing the light and running far away from SA. I wish you and your family well.

Econopower

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I tend to find people who post from overseas alot more positive and balanced than people living in Australia. Maybe, South Aussies are a depressive lot due to the environment surrounding them. I live in SA and I applaude you for seeing the light and running far away from SA. I wish you and your family well.

I don’t think I’ve earned enough goodwill on this board to get into a s**t fight about the merits of living in SA.

For me though it was less about running away and more that my particular career interests and ambitions naturally led elsewhere.

Appreciate the nice sentiment however and hope you and yours are well also...

70sDinosaur

Premiership Player
May 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sunk costs can be applied to any financial decision, so yes.

But in this example it would imply that the club was holding on to Ken because of its earlier expenditure on him.

Perhaps that is one of the motivations of the board but I don’t think that is the motivation for everyone who doesn’t want him fired.

This thread is about the media, not Ken’s coaching, and even my post on the other thread was meant to be about much more than his coaching record.

But to be very clear, I would have let him go at the end of 17 or 18 after it was clear the list and performance had failed to progress adequately.

Now we have him though, and are currently top of the ladder, I’m happy to see how things play out and like any good Bayesian I will update my priors based on what happens over the next two months.
Like any good Bayesian?

So you really are a Glenelg man...

waynecc

Draftee
Jun 19, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
I only have 2 claims to fame by association, I think :)

My great grandad was Bos Daly, who played for Norwood, and (I think) North. He still holds the SANFL goalkicking record for a match. He kicked 27 goals in a match (I think for Norwood).

Other than that, my cousin Mark Donovan played for Glenelg (Boo-hiss) in the 80's. He was number 32.
I knew Mark Donovan and his parents from primary school in fact I thought I saw his parents is a restaurant the other week never forgiven myself for not going up to see them well if it was them but I am sure it was omg have not seen Mark for 40 years lol

Back