Resource Dylan8's Footy Template - PSD Download

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Hey guys, I've touched up my template and released it here for anyone who wants to use it.

Dylan8_FootyTemplate_Public_Final.jpg

Last edited:

Looks awesome! Do we know how we can export to AI keeping all layers?

You can't man, at least not effectively anyway.

Photoshop works in raster, Illustrator works in vector. Two completely different mediums, and whilst you can use raster graphics in AI and vector graphics in PS, they're two completely different pieces of software with different functions.

Hey I haven't used photoshop in a long time but recently got back into it. What's the trick with using that template? Cheers

Hey I haven't used photoshop in a long time but recently got back into it. What's the trick with using that template? Cheers
Hey mate, a couple of basic things

1.jpg

All of the base blocks like the jumper base, cuffs etc have been marked in orange in the layers panel. Double click the 'shape fill' button (highlighted in green above) to change the fill of these blocks. Don't use the paintbucket tool to change the colours of these layers.

2.jpg

You'll want to put all of your design elements like this V shape I created to be 'clipped' to the base jumper layer. It'll have to sit under the Shadow layer too. If you accidentally unclip these layers just place them above the 'base' layer, select them all in the layer panel, right click them in the layer panel and select 'Create Clipping Mask'. The indent/down arrow you see in the above screenshot indicates that a layer is clipped inside the one under it.

That's the two main things as far as the function of the template. Ask me here or drop a PM if you have any more questions about the design side.

Hey mate, a couple of basic things

View attachment 937193

All of the base blocks like the jumper base, cuffs etc have been marked in orange in the layers panel. Double click the 'shape fill' button (highlighted in green above) to change the fill of these blocks. Don't use the paintbucket tool to change the colours of these layers.

View attachment 937201

You'll want to put all of your design elements like this V shape I created to be 'clipped' to the base jumper layer. It'll have to sit under the Shadow layer too. If you accidentally unclip these layers just place them above the 'base' layer, select them all in the layer panel, right click them in the layer panel and select 'Create Clipping Mask'. The indent/down arrow you see in the above screenshot indicates that a layer is clipped inside the one under it.

That's the two main things as far as the function of the template. Ask me here or drop a PM if you have any more questions about the design side.

Awesome mate cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back