Remove this Banner Ad

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Platinum just now

was a bit tedious to finish to get the platinum but overall an amazing game

Finished last night. Managed it so the last mission completed the platinum so no clean up.

This game was fantastic, I loved it! Up there with HZD and The Witcher 3.

Visually stunning, fun and rewarding gameplay, great story telling (both main story and tales), great audio design.

The game had some big feels moments all throughout.

Love the ghost mode, felt epic every time I did it.

Chose to kill Shimura. Had a feeling I was going to get this choice and initially thought I'd spare him if I could, but given he's so into honour and that he still cared for Jin, I felt I should respect his wish for an honourable death.

Kinda wish for DLC where I can travel to the mainland and assassinate the Shogun. I saved this ******* island and you brand me a traitor and disband my clan. What a campaigner.

Liked all the momentos in your shack at the end. Especially Kage's saddle.

Finished it. Was a nice a desert after TLOU2. I also played 120 hours of AC Odyssey two months ago and I honestly don't see a huge distinction between the two. Both games are achingly beautiful collectithons with simple stories and rote mission structures that boils down to stabbing dudes from history. Ghost is smaller and more compact and has a fantastically designed minimalist HUD that's embedded into the world itself. But Odyssey had so much more to do and see. And despite one of this game's major selling points - its cinematic inspirations - I didn't find it any more cinematic than Odyssey (the use of the camera in this is pretty standard, it's not exactly God of War let alone an actual Kurosawa film).

Overall it was a real treat to play. The colours, the wind, lighting and movement were all incredible. I would love a sequel because Sucker Punch have a fantastic building block to work off and improve upon, definitely one of best open world games this generation (if not quite in the very top tier).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Done.

How long did it take from the start of the third island till completion? At that point now but starting to get a little bored of some of the companion stuff. Really like all the main story missions though.
It was probably the shortest one for me, but I think by that stage you tend to push through a bit quicker as you know you're so close to the end. I certainly felt I didn't explore the third section as much as the others.

Well Done.

How long did it take from the start of the third island till completion? At that point now but starting to get a little bored of some of the companion stuff. Really like all the main story missions though.
It was really quick. Almost felt rushed. Still very enjoyable though.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Finished this today.

Main quest paced perfectly. Plenty to do inbetween but didn't stay it's welcome.

Lovely ending. Sort of expected it but was nice to play it out.

I'll try and 100% this game - it will take forever but have time on my hands being in lockdown.

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Finished this today.

Main quest paced perfectly. Plenty to do inbetween but didn't stay it's welcome.

Lovely ending. Sort of expected it but was nice to play it out.

I'll try and 100% this game - it will take forever but have time on my hands being in lockdown.
If you did a bit of the side stuff while playing through the 100% doesn’t take long at all ☺️

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If you did a bit of the side stuff while playing through the 100% doesn’t take long at all ☺

I have been doing heaps (and rushing a bit too) but still feel like there's another 15 hours of game to get the Platinum. Have been taking over forts and camps whenever I travel past them. Ticking off side quests when I've been interested. Doing shrines/hot springs when I see them.

There's so much left to do though. At least 20 camps. 30 side quests. And then the collectibles.

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have been doing heaps (and rushing a bit too) but still feel like there's another 15 hours of game to get the Platinum. Have been taking over forts and camps whenever I travel past them. Ticking off side quests when I've been interested. Doing shrines/hot springs when I see them.

There's so much left to do though. At least 20 camps. 30 side quests. And then the collectibles.
Ah I had a fair bit but most camps and side quests were done. I only had the collectables and I was probably 50-60% through them

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
Finished this last night. Great game. I thought the combat was original and loved destroying camps with beast mode at the end. Has some things to improve on but I recon better than any Ubisoft open world I’ve played for awhile. Didn’t over stay it’s welcome.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Been a slow grind for me, into ACT 2 but still just plodding around doing side quests.

Never gets old galloping around, such a beautiful looking game. Combat still hasn’t worn out, still as fun as the first battle I had.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
I'm struggling to get back into it after it down for a bit, just seems like a chore now that I can't bring myself to finish.
If you mainline gin's story it's pretty short. 3rd Act has a bit going on and I recon it's worth it. Just ignore all the upgrade stuff and even character missions if you have to. It's easy enough that you can succeed without any power ups.

I did too much early on and it got repetitive during Act 2 and I had a few weeks off. But got back into it and after I completed the main story, I went around all the camps and liberated them because it's highly entertaining taking one down in less than a minute. Not going to both with the platinum though, too much busy work for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back