Podcast The Heat Room - Gold Coast Suns Podcast

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else notice Cochrane was wearing a Rolling Stones shirt in this podcast? Perhaps an indication that the rumoured concert at Metricon is going to become a reality?

After listening to this interview I can't help but think Tony is an incredible asset for our club. The Austworld Centre was his project - he brought it to life and got us out of those pathetic demountables which is going to really serve our club well both now and in the future. You only have to look at how hard it's been for the Lions to secure new training facilities to understand the amount of work that goes into these projects.
And might have been a longer project if the Commonwealth games weren't in GC.

And might have been a longer project if the Commonwealth games weren't in GC.
That's right. We had to strike while the iron was hot and TC was the man to do it because he had the contacts at the federal, state and local levels.

Anyone else notice Cochrane was wearing a Rolling Stones shirt in this podcast? Perhaps an indication that the rumoured concert at Metricon is going to become a reality?

After listening to this interview I can't help but think Tony is an incredible asset for our club. The Austworld Centre was his project - he brought it to life and got us out of those pathetic demountables which is going to really serve our club well both now and in the future. You only have to look at how hard it's been for the Lions to secure new training facilities to understand the amount of work that goes into these projects.
Maybe this could explain the shirt.

no I've spoken to Tom about this and the idea is to drive traffic to the bulletin site. The only way the higher ups at the bully approve apparently.
Wouldn't a better strategy be to make it free and get advertisers on board? Even the Herald Sun or other papers with paywalls have free podcasts.

I really love the insight and listen to every episode but man does Sean Tobin grind my gears sometimes!

Spends about 60 seconds explaining that have to keep the answers for fan questions to 30 seconds and then reiterated the same thing at the end. Just spends a lot of time talking without saying anything. Just say what you mean man!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening now, and they are saying that Sexton WAS managed. It's what Tom has been told by the club, because of the short turnaround to the richmond game.
Interesting that on the selection list it was omitted when Swallow/Harbrow were mentioned this week as managed though...

Interesting that on the selection list it was omitted when Swallow/Harbrow were mentioned this week as managed though...
I wouldn't pay attention to what they use officially. Harbow couldnt be managed if he is an emergency though... you wouldn't think.

I wouldn't pay attention to what they use officially. Harbow couldnt be managed if he is an emergency though... you wouldn't think.
Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 11.58.51 AM.png

Hurley was 'managed' and emergency against us so no rule against doing so by the AFL. would be strange though

Not being too critical as I’m stoked to have a dubs podcast but it would be good if Sean Tobin would get the players names right - swear he’s called Rowell “Roweland” about 10 times

Another interesting info came out of this podcast. Boswell talked to the club about rotating more players. The club view is that there is too big difference between scratch matches and AFL. Basically, scratch matches don't prepare players to play AFL. So I would expect only minimal changes for the rest of season especially having 2 long breaks this and next week. Possibly only getting more games into Sharp?

The Heat Room podcast returns and there is a lot to dissect as a COVID outbreak threatens to derail the season. Find it in any major podcast app.
We discuss Gold Coast's move to Adelaide, reveal the 33-man squad that travelled to South Australia, the latest on Sam Day and Connor Budarick's injuries, when negotiations may begin for a contract for no.11 draft pick Sam Flanders and what Brayden Fiorini needs to do to break back into the AFL side. https://bit.ly/3sMLxtH

Remove this Banner Ad

Back