MCG to host GF through to 2057

Remove this Banner Ad

its not just about this though, QLD is also chasing the entire finals series, the brownlow, and the whole of the spring carnival, and WA/SA are both after the boxing day test

If the Vic Govt roll over on the compo issue for the GF, they will get SFA on the rest that the states are looking to loot

You say trying to loot I say trying to help out because Victoria can’t host with crowds. These are all locked in Victorians events, no one is trying to take it off them long term and nor should they. But if you want some help so your event gets played with crowds it is possible other states could help out this year. I don’t think any state is going to hand over huge money for any of them. It really is Victoria’s issue and in the overall scheme of things simply not that important and a very hard sell to the tax payer to cough up huge money.

You say trying to loot I say trying to help out because Victoria can’t host with crowds. These are all locked in Victorians events, no one is trying to take it off them long term and nor should they. But if you want some help so your event gets played with crowds it is possible other states could help out this year. I don’t think any state is going to hand over huge money for any of them. It really is Victoria’s issue and in the overall scheme of things simply not that important and a very hard sell to the tax payer to cough up huge money.

"help out"? people here are openly saying this is a way to break the GF agreement so the GF can be played outside the MCG indefinitely. Perth has been gunning for the boxing day test for years, and I expect NSW to resume its attempt to poach the AusOpen and the GP.

our state is ****ed, and our brothers and sisters like yourself see it as a firesale

so no, we can do without your "help"

"help out"? people here are openly saying this is a way to break the GF agreement so the GF can be played outside the MCG indefinitely. Perth has been gunning for the boxing day test for years, and I expect NSW to resume its attempt to poach the AusOpen and the GP.

our state is f’ed, and our brothers and sisters like yourself see it as a firesale

Vic stole the GP and other events over the years. Do you think people should feel sorry for you?

Vic stole the GP and other events over the years. Do you think people should feel sorry for you?

vic stole the GP from indonesia, SA had already decided to let it go and it was off to jakarta before walker got involved

nice try though

our state is f’ed, and our brothers and sisters like yourself see it as a firesale

The GF agreement is locked in stone, don’t know about the other events. It is Victorian media who put it out on the table, of course other states would be interested. Call it whatever you like, I was just trying to have an adult conversation. Stay safe and all the best.

The GF agreement is locked in stone, don’t know about the other events. It is Victorian media who put it out on the table, of course other states would be interested. Call it whatever you like, I was just trying to have an adult conversation. Stay safe and all the best.

disagree, people are already arguing that by not hosting the MCC are in breach (similar to what the GP had to avoid with its cancellation in March)

Im just sick of Perth peeps (mostly) high fiving about a pandemic (one in which my mum, cousin, and aunt all work in aged care, two of which have high risk health conditions, and one friend has attempted suicide). Im not seeing the awesome right now that some are seeing

thanks for the well wishes

disagree, people are already arguing that by not hosting the MCC are in breach (similar to what the GP had to avoid with its cancellation in March)

Im just sick of Perth peeps (mostly) high fiving about a pandemic (one in which my mum, cousin, and aunt all work in aged care, two of which have high risk health conditions, and one friend has attempted suicide). Im not seeing the awesome right now that some are seeing

thanks for the well wishes

Anyone high fiving poor health and risk is no person I wish to call my own. I find it disgusting. I yhink the vast majority have best wishes for any people suffering or living day to day as Victoria are with this virus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back