Delisted #4 Ryan 'The Clamps' Clarke

uITEbjYC.jpg

Ryan Clarke

Player Profile

The Sydney Swans recruited Ryan Clarke from North Melbourne ahead of season 2019 and he’s since shown promising signs as a young midfielder. The number four is a prolific ball-winner and can also be used to blanket a star on-baller, which he proved last year in shutting down gun Kangaroo Shaun Higgins and classy Magpie Steele Sidebottom. Clarke played 14 senior games in a stop-start 2019 campaign and has set his sights on cementing a spot in coach John Longmire’s best 22 this year. Draft history: 2015 National Draft selection (North Melbourne), No. 31 overall

Ryan Clarke

DOB:17 June 1997
DEBUT:2016
DRAFT:2015
RECRUITED FROM: Rowville (Vic)/Melb Grammar (Vic)/Eastern U18/North Melb

Last edited:
You think he's on plenty?
I would have thought he came to us to extend his AFL career.

I think he would be on at least 6 figures given the average afl salary is 350k

Clarke will have his spot in the 22 cemented come season end

I don’t think He wouldn’t be in the team if everyone was fit and will be delisted

time will tell (that’s for caeser)

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I think he would be on at least 6 figures given the average afl salary is 350k

Almost all players are on 6 figures.
Draftees come in on $90k or so, a bit over $100k for first round draftees.

At a guess I reckon he’d be in the vicinity of 200k, but really I wouldn’t have a clue. I reckon he would be pretty good value at that rate.

Almost all players are on 6 figures.
Draftees come in on $90k or so, a bit over $100k for first round draftees.

At a guess I reckon he’d be in the vicinity of 200k, but really I wouldn’t have a clue. I reckon he would be pretty good value at that rate.

I won’t keep smashing him more but it was more just pointing out to ted he isn’t far off Sinclair’s wage

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
They should be able to work on his kicking action. He gets under the ball so much I am assuming he is connecting with the ball too early / he is meeting the ball with his foot at a higher point thus the ball is going high rather than flat.

That should be correctable with a lot of work (needs to become instinctual / second nature).

Most of the time it isn’t that his connection / the kick is inherently bad (not helicopter, it goes end over end), and for the most part the ball goes to its intended area, but the up and under nature of his kicking just invites defensive pressure / allows the opposition defence to mobilise.

They should be able to work on his kicking action. He gets under the ball so much I am assuming he is connecting with the ball too early / he is meeting the ball with his foot at a higher point thus the ball is going high rather than flat.

That should be correctable with a lot of work (needs to become instinctual / second nature).

Most of the time it isn’t that his connection / the kick is inherently bad (not helicopter, it goes end over end), and for the most part the ball goes to its intended area, but the up and under nature of his kicking just invites defensive pressure / allows the opposition defence to mobilise.

So basically rebuild his whole game
right now opposition teams don’t care if he gets 40 touches
if he could actually use it they might take a look at him

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
So basically rebuild his whole game
right now opposition teams don’t care if he gets 40 touches
if he could actually use it they might take a look at him

Well no. He has no problem doing the grunt work, tackles, getting into the right position or winning the ball. That’s a lot better start than most players.

Rebuilding his kicking though sure wouldn’t hurt.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Well no. He has no problem doing the grunt work, tackles, getting into the right position or winning the ball. That’s a lot better start than most players.

He was more influential than Mitchell at a portion of the price.

we disagree on what he does then,

You win.
I'll just watch with interest in the hope he can get himself another contract like Towers did.

nah i dont win anything mate, its just opinions, i know i keep replying sorry

you all rate him so seems im in tne minority, thats fine

Back