AFL 2020 - AFL Round 13 (no aftertiming allowed)

1597765101493.png

1597765123598.png

Last edited:

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
DM me and I'll send my PayPal to buy this weeks picks. I am supremely confident in 1 bet so you're guaranteed a winner fading this!!

AFL betting is simply entertainment for me, I know I'm down overall on it, I keep stakes to about 10% of my real bets and even despite this, this season can suck a bag of dildos. How many SGM can lose by 1 disposal?! How many line bets can lose by under goal whereby blokes miss from directly in front!! How many AGS can be cost by blokes who can't kick and go 0.2 or more ffs

Obviously I say this and I'm dumb enough to bet again this weekend but seriously, AFL sucks this year. Without the punt it'd be unwatchable, skill level is awful, umpiring is worse. Why are we risking hard earned on this again?

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Excellent post, agree with all of it.

Without the punt there's no way I'd watch non-North matches, and tbh, even the North matches I probably wouldn't bother.

2020 footy is for the tip.

Why are we risking hard earned on this again?

For me, I've finally reached that point in life where I guess I don't even feel like my money is that hard-earned.

I did all the leg work years ago, now I'm reaping the rewards.

And what are those rewards?

Having enough small change lying around to be able to punt on goalscorer markets and then watching six goal vs eight goal snoozefests.

With that said, I like Taberner for 4g+ this weekend. No Rampe. $41 for 6g+ is too good to say no to.

Also like Blakey 2+ into Taberner 4+ @ 55 (powered into 64), could be the bet of the round.

Here you go SB, take more of my money :thumbsu:

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Excellent post, agree with all of it.

Without the punt there's no way I'd watch non-North matches, and tbh, even the North matches I probably wouldn't bother.

2020 footy is for the tip.

For me, I've finally reached that point in life where I guess I don't even feel like my money is that hard-earned.

I did all the leg work years ago, now I'm reaping the rewards.

And what are those rewards?

Having enough small change lying around to be able to punt on goalscorer markets and then watching six goal vs eight goal snoozefests.

With that said, I like Taberner for 4g+ this weekend. No Rampe. $41 for 6g+ is too good to say no to.

Here you go SB, take more of my money :thumbsu:
I say this and people usually say "you only say it because crows suck". That isn't the case, I maybe get to watch 4-5 of our games a year, I watch many more games as a neutral all year. It's an awful product atm, no 2 ways about it. Crows results irrelevant to this

Money isn't 'hard-earned' for me either but you get the point. There are better things we could be doing than this haha

Gave up on the A-League because it got boring but by god, if footy wasn't so nailed on here the sport would be just as dead. It's just that bad. Administration is a joke (defending the Freo/Blues farce?!), umpiring is the worst of any sport in the world, the rules barely make sense to die-hard supporters (how many knew down the field frees still awarded when the kick goes out on the full? I didn't). Skills gone backwards. I'm at a loss as to why I do it to myself each weekend. Glad I'm not alone in these thoughts though.

Onto the punt. Quite like the Dogs at $2 over the dees and Freo at $1.62 - Sydney aren't good, at home, Walters and Fyfe in the team will be the difference IMO

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm at a loss as to why I do it to myself each weekend. Glad I'm not alone in these thoughts though.
Again I agree with everything you've written. I love aussie rules the sport but AFL the current product is trash.

I tried to take a break from punting on it, lasted about two days. Too addictive for me.

I want the break not for $$$ reasons (my bets are small, especially compared to Lynchy the mad man) but for time reasons.

I've come to realise that I've got way too much time on my hands. The 4-hr work week sounds great until you achieve it.

Suddenly one day you find yourself looking around your apartment wondering, wtf am I doing tonight?

Well, who's playing? Gee I like the look of [insert player] for goals, might have a nibble.

Any hot tips on the punting board? Fiorini, you say? Yeah he could walk into the middle and pick up 20+, I'm in...

I say this and people usually say "you only say it because crows suck". That isn't the case, I maybe get to watch 4-5 of our games a year, I watch many more games as a neutral all year. It's an awful product atm, no 2 ways about it. Crows results irrelevant to this

Money isn't 'hard-earned' for me either but you get the point. There are better things we could be doing than this haha

Gave up on the A-League because it got boring but by god, if footy wasn't so nailed on here the sport would be just as dead. It's just that bad. Administration is a joke (defending the Freo/Blues farce?!), umpiring is the worst of any sport in the world, the rules barely make sense to die-hard supporters (how many knew down the field frees still awarded when the kick goes out on the full? I didn't). Skills gone backwards. I'm at a loss as to why I do it to myself each weekend. Glad I'm not alone in these thoughts though.

Onto the punt. Quite like the Dogs at $2 over the dees and Freo at $1.62 - Sydney aren't good, at home, Walters and Fyfe in the team will be the difference IMO

Speaking as someone whose team has sucked ass for 2 decades - the game has never been in a worse state. The dramatic drop in quality over the last 5 years especially is blatantly obvious to anyone who doesn't have their head in the sand.

dontlimitme

TAILED JAIDYN
May 20, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
All over Noah Anderson 3.50 for 20+ and 10$ for 25+ on SB. I know swallow should be back but he looked great with 26 vs richmond. (Fiorini is currently 3$ for 20+ LOL)

SGM Murphy 15+ Curnow 15+ Anderson 20+ @ 4.90 boosted on SB

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
All over Noah Anderson 3.50 for 20+ and 10$ for 25+ on SB. I know swallow should be back but he looked great with 26 vs richmond. (Fiorini is currently 3$ for 20+ LOL)

pretty sure they’ll put him in the guts this week.

wasn’t very effective on a wing last time out.

in reality he shouldn’t even be selected

Dec 9, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Looking fwd to getting on Fiorini under 17/18 touches if he's $3 for 20 but 0 chance SB offer it

Aug 3, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Friday night - darwin, warm, 0% chance of rain/dew, 22*C min forecast. So hopefully we can see some fast moving GOOD football again.. with possibility of more than 7 goals total being scored... #hopefully #notcountingchickensyet

yep, gonna start trying to keep it simple with a lot less goalscorers this week.
1u tailing 'SGM Murphy 15+ Curnow 15+ Anderson 20+ @ 4.90 boosted on SB'
1.5u sgm Murphy 15+ Curnow 15+ Anderson 15+ @2.20 sb

Last edited:

md20

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Friday night - darwin, warm, 0% chance of rain/dew, 22*C min forecast. So hopefully we can see some fast moving GOOD football again.. with possibility of more than 7 goals total being scored... #hopefully #notcountingchickensyet

yep, gonna start trying to keep it simple with a lot less goalscorers this week.
1u tailing 'SGM Murphy 15+ Curnow 15+ Anderson 20+ @ 4.90 boosted on SB'
1.5u sgm Murphy 15+ Curnow 15+ Anderson 15+ @2.20 sb
I've jumped in early and went with pretty much the same, but with Wash instead of Murphy.

Also a little donation to Sportsbet with

$105 (boosted)
Flanders AGS
Gibbons AGS
Sexton AGS
Curnow 20+
Walsh 20+
Anderson 20+
Greenwood 15+
Murphy 15+

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geeves Train

All Australian
Mar 24, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Pretty keen on some early possession markets this round.

Bailey Smith $1.67 (20+), $3.30 (25+). 37 vs Crows last week and Hunter in the team playing wing gives him more middle time and he laps it up. Teams playing Melb still get plenty of touches so he should breeze past 20 and I’d expect 25.

Chad Wingard $1.80 (15+), $3.75 (20+). Spent time in the centre last week that should only increase with no JOM for Hawks. Rounds 1,2,4 Chad attended centre bounces and had 20,18,17. Expect he will also be fired up against his old club.

Nick Blakey $2.50 (15+), $7.50 (20+), $23 (25+). Got to play midfield in the first half last week and had 14 touches and 2 goals to half time when he went back. Can see Horse giving him plenty of mid time in the last 6 rounds and if he plays like he did last week he gets 15 by 3QT. Market still has him priced in non-mid role. Also like playing Freo as Freo have gun young developing MF bodies (Cerra, Serong, Brayshaw) and I think Horse would see this as a good test for Blakey where he won’t get mauled.

targett

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
TopSport Openers

Carlton -6.5 1.9 > -9.5 1.85
Bulldogs -3.5 1.9 > -5.5 1.9
Port -25.5 1.9 > -26.5 1.9
Richmond -24.5 1.9 > -25.5 1.9
Fremantle -5.5 1.9 > -9.5 1.9
Geelong -36.5 1.9 > -37.5 1.9
Brisbane -15.5 1.9 > -15.5 1.9
GWS 19.5 1.9 >
18.5 1.9
Coll -16.5 1.9 > -16.5 1.9

demon_fanatic

Premiership Player
May 8, 2006
bayswater
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pretty keen on some early possession markets this round.

Bailey Smith $1.67 (20+), $3.30 (25+). 37 vs Crows last week and Hunter in the team playing wing gives him more middle time and he laps it up. Teams playing Melb still get plenty of touches so he should breeze past 20 and I’d expect 25.

Chad Wingard $1.80 (15+), $3.75 (20+). Spent time in the centre last week that should only increase with no JOM for Hawks. Rounds 1,2,4 Chad attended centre bounces and had 20,18,17. Expect he will also be fired up against his old club.

Nick Blakey $2.50 (15+), $7.50 (20+), $23 (25+). Got to play midfield in the first half last week and had 14 touches and 2 goals to half time when he went back. Can see Horse giving him plenty of mid time in the last 6 rounds and if he plays like he did last week he gets 15 by 3QT. Market still has him priced in non-mid role. Also like playing Freo as Freo have gun young developing MF bodies (Cerra, Serong, Brayshaw) and I think Horse would see this as a good test for Blakey where he won’t get mauled.
Damn Blakey into 1.91,wingard 1.36

Back