Prediction Likely trades from your team this off season

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m glad Fish is contracted and not interested in leaving anytime soon. We’ll keep him thanks.

Pls still give us Papley though.

Have a decent source mention today that North are heavily sniffing around Peter Ladhams. Maybe seeking a Goldstein replacement?

well I imagine teams tend to sniff around promising young players very often.

when they’re contracted it probably doesn’t mean much. Just signed a 3 year deal last year. Would take a bit to force ports hand.

on Triple m they seemed to think clubs were after lycett and saw him as the gettable ruck but since they seemed to get basic things wrong I’m not sure how valid that would be.

Have a decent source mention today that North are heavily sniffing around Peter Ladhams. Maybe seeking a Goldstein replacement?
I don't think he'd want to move would he? He's pushed westhoff out so should get plenty of games, Port looking to play a consistent run of finals for a couple of years I'd reckon. Surely his stocks will go up and rather than sign a contract now and get locked in he could chase bigger coin on the next contract. The time to sign him was a year ago.

The time to sign him was a year ago.
Clubs gave it a go. Signed on.

Having said that ports got lycett signed to 23, ladhams to 22 and hayes to 21. Teams will come knocking.

Hayes is advanced skill wise but body and endurance need a lot more time so hopefully he’s patient. There’s probably a chance to get hayes a couple of games next year if one of lycett or ladhams gets injured / a niggle.

That's a disgusting thought.

You don’t think Gunston would a good fit for Collingwood? He’s the kind of player who can add the finishing touches. 28 scoring shots this year from just 10 games despite the low number of inside 50s for Hawthorn shows just how productive he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don’t think Gunston would a good fit for Collingwood? He’s the kind of player who can add the finishing touches. 28 scoring shots this year from just 10 games despite the low number of inside 50s for Hawthorn shows just how productive he is.

I'd lose respect for him if he went to Collingwood.

Keep him at Hawthorn for the remainder of his career.

FWIW Papley is still deadset on Carlton, even though he’s contracted I can see it going to mediation, which in general shits me, if he’s silly enough to put that trigger in his contract mediation shouldn’t come into it. Though it worked out well for us with Gibbs lol. If it does work out I imagine they’d want our first and a good player at least. Or our first this year and next. Fair enough, he’s a contracted gun.
Who told you that he is dead set on Carlton🤔, I heard he chose them because they were the club to do the best deal for him.

Right in the discussion with Dean Cox and Brett Kirk as the best player drafted from the rookie draft. How the hell all 18 clubs passed on him entirely his first draft year and then 4 times in his second draft year is beyond me.
Well he has improved a lot the past 2 years. I remember he was one of the worst on ground in the 2016 GF and I actually wished the ball would get to him. Now he's one of the top small forwards.

From Sydney I don't think we'll see many players leave. If Papley still wants to go then I think we'll look for a top 10 pick and another 1st rounder if he makes AA.

We might be able to use guys like Ronke or Stoddart as steak knives or for a late round pick for points, but I wouldn't imagine they'd be worth much more than that.

We definitely need a ruck and a potentially elite kpd. Thankfully the top end of the draft has a few of those types so I think we might keep our first rounder and use it on somebody like Thilthorpe or Grainger-Barass. Because I think we'll be keeping that pick, I don't think we'll be very active trading players in. I'd love to see us land Preuss, if he ends up on the trading block, but I don't see us chasing a big name. Constable, Sier, RCD would all be interesting options as big bodied mids considering Kennedy isn't far off retirement, but I think that will be dependent on Geelong, Collingwood, and Richmond actually looking to cash in on any of those three and what they wanted for them.

My last point is a bit unusual but I think it has some merit, one player I would like us to have a look at, in a similar vain to Hodge and Birchall at Brisbane, would be Isaac Smith who is UFA at the end of this season. We've got some very good young wingers in Stephens and Florent, with some projects like Bell, Foot, and JMac. Being tutored by a player like Smith could really help them develop.

From Sydney I don't think we'll see many players leave. If Papley still wants to go then I think we'll look for a top 10 pick and another 1st rounder if he makes AA.

We might be able to use guys like Ronke or Stoddart as steak knives or for a late round pick for points, but I wouldn't imagine they'd be worth much more than that.

We definitely need a ruck and a potentially elite kpd. Thankfully the top end of the draft has a few of those types so I think we might keep our first rounder and use it on somebody like Thilthorpe or Grainger-Barass. Because I think we'll be keeping that pick, I don't think we'll be very active trading players in. I'd love to see us land Preuss, if he ends up on the trading block, but I don't see us chasing a big name. Constable, Sier, RCD would all be interesting options as big bodied mids considering Kennedy isn't far off retirement, but I think that will be dependent on Geelong, Collingwood, and Richmond actually looking to cash in on any of those three and what they wanted for them.

My last point is a bit unusual but I think it has some merit, one player I would like us to have a look at, in a similar vain to Hodge and Birchall at Brisbane, would be Isaac Smith who is UFA at the end of this season. We've got some very good young wingers in Stephens and Florent, with some projects like Bell, Foot, and JMac. Being tutored by a player like Smith could really help them develop.
on Preuss, we would only let him go if we got something around a 2nd round pick because reckon there'll be a lot of clubs looking for his signature.

Expect Carlton to have quietest Trade period in years. Happy with list and what is developing. Papley deal on the table if Swans interested. Will make a play for Williams and maybe a talented youngster looking to come home but little else.
wait, so no GWS rejects?

on Preuss, we would only let him go if we got something around a 2nd round pick because reckon there'll be a lot of clubs looking for his signature.

Oh yeah, if Preuss looks to leave there will be a few clubs interested in him. I'm not sure we'll get involved in that instance as I don't think we'll be looking to give up draft picks this year due to our need to cover 2 academy kids, and he might not be keen on moving interstate. If he showed some interest in moving to Sydney, then I'd definitely like for us to have a chat with him at the very least. Depending on the players the Dees might need we could offer up somebody like Ronke and a future pick, but I'm thinking Geelong would be able to trump that with their draft pick haul this year.

Oh yeah, if Preuss looks to leave there will be a few clubs interested in him. I'm not sure we'll get involved in that instance as I don't think we'll be looking to give up draft picks this year due to our need to cover 2 academy kids, and he might not be keen on moving interstate. If he showed some interest in moving to Sydney, then I'd definitely like for us to have a chat with him at the very least. Depending on the players the Dees might need we could offer up somebody like Ronke and a future pick, but I'm thinking Geelong would be able to trump that with their draft pick haul this year.
He doesn't want to go and we want him to stay but we will move him on for the best offer. Interstate doesn't matter because he's from Queensland. And you're right, Geelong would definitely offer more than you guys.

• Collingwood are a Gunston away from winning the Premiership

• Bulldogs are a Breust away from having a complete forward-line

• St Kilda are a Smith away from having a complete midfield

:$
Why would you be keen to lose Smith though?

His age and probable contract size would mean you'd get nothing for him surely?

I don't mind the idea of bringing in some much needed experience though, especially if Geary retired 🤞

Remove this Banner Ad

Back