News 2020 AFL Coaches Votes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not much joy in contemplating these votes for a Lions supporter. But interesting to try to work out which coach gave votes to specific players. Can only be distributed in this way:

LB - 5 , 4
SB - 3, 5
DM - 4, 3
TL - 2, 1 or 1, 2
LN - 0, 2 or 2 , 0
NB - 1,0 or 0,1
Baker, Bolton and Martin as I recall were clearly the best three on ground. I can see arguments why both coaches could have thought Baker was best, but Not why Bolton was only third best. Hardwick could have put him up for team orientation and Fages because he gave the drive off half back that he has been trying to get into our side. Bolton killed us with break away from stoppages, would this have been considered less important by either coach?

Balta is another interesting one. I thought Hippy started well, but Balta got on top and closed him down. Which coach would have thought this more important?

interesting as always brim

Looks like Lachie Neale is going to win the Golden Quadrellla ie. B&F, Bownlow, AFL Coaches player of the year & Big Footy Brisbane Lions Board player of the year.
Forgot the Norm Smith, did we?

Lachie is also only one bag away from the Coleman too if Fagan would just play him forward this week. :p
He's already got the most prestigious award wrapped up so what's he got to lose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad I gave Lyons a vote.

As others have commented in another tread, I thought Oscar was our best player. He really notified Goldstein’s influence and his two goals won the match for us. Neither coach agreed.

I thought Goldstein was comfortably the better ruck also followed up at ground level far better than Oscar. Goldstein had 18 possessions to Oscars 8.

If Oscar hadn't kicked those 2 goals I would've said he had a poor game.

I thought Goldstein was comfortably the better ruck also followed up at ground level far better than Oscar. Goldstein had 18 possessions to Oscars 8.

If Oscar hadn't kicked those 2 goals I would've said he had a poor game.
Agreed and for those reasons I couldn't put him in my top 5 vote getters. Obviously, the coaches thought the same.

BRISBANE ball-magnet Lachie Neale needs just five votes from the remaining two games to claim the 2020 AFL Coaches' Association's AFL Champion Player Award.

Lets go baby! Super great to see him return to some great form in at least one match, hopefully just on the run up to finals and he smashes the required point to take the award :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back