Recommitted Taylor Walker [re-signed for another year]

Remove this Banner Ad

Outside mid, sure, that's what we need, but not a guy with terrible disposal and decision making.

No thanks
Terrible is an overstatement, average would be a better description.

Id love to see him remain a crow for life..

best kick on both legs i think ive ever seen. But has been terrible this year.. just horrid. Even his once elite kicking has left him.

can he turn it around?.. who knows?.. needs to lose 10kgs and work his arse off over the coming preseason or simply retire.

Hawkins has shown it can be done.. he was all but written off a couple of years ago.. charlie dixon has shown how a great preseason can bring fitness and a refreshed game.

He may be hated by a lot of opposition supporters but he’s led the crows through its darkest days and is the ultimate club man.. how many blokes would walk in to their club and ask to have their salary reduced so some more money can be given to the younger players (he did it for lever and in the end lever basically spat it back in his face).

Ultimately, its hard to know.. but if he lost that 10kgs and got fit again and played for a collingwood, GWS, lions, dogs, blues type that could be contending next year I’d put my money on it he could once again be a dominant force.... but at the moment he looks nothing but a spent force.

Why would anyone target him?

He should get as fit/lean as he can and be there to support Foggarty.

Collingwood should be looking at their own stock before investing in over-the-hill twilight forwards, especially given that Walker has shown quite poor leadership IMO (2017 GF speech was damning to his character).

Why would anyone target him?

He should get as fit/lean as he can and be there to support Foggarty.

Collingwood should be looking at their own stock before investing in over-the-hill twilight forwards, especially given that Walker has shown quite poor leadership IMO (2017 GF speech was damning to his character).
Rubbish. Tex is a great leader and his speech was identical to Pendlebury's speech 12 months later, and he didnt get criticised for it. But because he's Tex and from an interstate team he's a villain. Didnt kiss Richmond on the you know what in his speech and got abused for it.

Rubbish. Tex is a great leader and his speech was identical to Pendlebury's speech 12 months later, and he didnt get criticised for it. But because he's Tex and from an interstate team he's a villain. Didnt kiss Richmond on the you know what in his speech and got abused for it.

I don't want to get caught up in the semantics (I could argue Pendles spoke nearly twice as long as Tex) but I also haven't heaped praise on Pendles for his speech either. I don't think Pendles handles media well on a normal day. Tex on the other hand is quite involved.

Regardless the question is should someone chase Tex, and my answer is no. Pendles is still playing to a high standard, Tex is not. Perhaps neither has much to offer in terms of leadership and culture, but ultimately the thread is about Tex.

I don't want to get caught up in the semantics (I could argue Pendles spoke nearly twice as long as Tex) but I also haven't heaped praise on Pendles for his speech either. I don't think Pendles handles media well on a normal day. Tex on the other hand is quite involved.

Regardless the question is should someone chase Tex, and my answer is no. Pendles is still playing to a high standard, Tex is not. Perhaps neither has much to offer in terms of leadership and culture, but ultimately the thread is about Tex.
No need to pile in on Tex's character when you know nothing about him.
The way he has been treated by the media is a joke.

Id love to see him remain a crow for life..

best kick on both legs i think ive ever seen. But has been terrible this year.. just horrid. Even his once elite kicking has left him.

can he turn it around?.. who knows?.. needs to lose 10kgs and work his arse off over the coming preseason or simply retire.

Hawkins has shown it can be done.. he was all but written off a couple of years ago.. charlie dixon has shown how a great preseason can bring fitness and a refreshed game.

He may be hated by a lot of opposition supporters but he’s led the crows through its darkest days and is the ultimate club man.. how many blokes would walk in to their club and ask to have their salary reduced so some more money can be given to the younger players (he did it for lever and in the end lever basically spat it back in his face).

Ultimately, its hard to know.. but if he lost that 10kgs and got fit again and played for a collingwood, GWS, lions, dogs, blues type that could be contending next year I’d put my money on it he could once again be a dominant force.... but at the moment he looks nothing but a spent force.
Good post. This man absolutely has been a loyal servant of your footy club, and he should be respected for that. It’s sad to see many have turned on him. He’s been a stalwart of that footy club, I have a lot of respect for how he has gone about it over the years. Perfect fit for Pies if Crows push him out

Given the rebirth of form of Tom Hawkins at a mature age, and the way Adelaide is playing, it may just be possible to lure him. He’s not a South Australian and he clearly needs a new environment. It might be worth a punt. The guy can kick, unlike so many Collingwood forwards in recent years.
Thoughts?
God no, a few years ago he would have been good but past it now.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine doing your ACL as a key forward & making a successful comeback, becoming an AFL captain, leading your club through its darkest time with the murder of your coach, leading your club to the top of the ladder & playing in a grand final, and then to reach 200 games. Don't think many players could do that. A gun of a player and an amazing person in the twilight of his career. Any club would be lucky to have him but can't see him leaving.

Should have kept the mullet though.

Even if for free I wouldn’t be thinking any club wants him. Unless crows Keep him for experience and leadership. Reckon he’s cooked. At 30 you’d expect to have a couple more years but doesn’t look like it.

To be fair, I haven’t seen a whole heap of him this year. Many here say he’s a spent force. A bloke at my work thinks the same, so maybe my judgement is clouded due to Collingwood’s need for another forward.

Imagine doing your ACL as a key forward & making a successful comeback, becoming an AFL captain, leading your club through its darkest time with the murder of your coach, leading your club to the top of the ladder & playing in a grand final, and then to reach 200 games. Don't think many players could do that. A gun of a player and an amazing person in the twilight of his career. Any club would be lucky to have him but can't see him leaving.

Should have kept the mullet though.
Oh I can think of one....

Tredrea had more knee ops then I can remember.

Captained the side, 4 straight AA CHFS and was the A/Premiership Captain.

Oh and played 255 Games.

Prefer he stayed or retired

Sums it up really. Either retire or stay for sentiment, so even you clearly don't think he's worth picking up for another club, such as Collingwood.

Honestly the best thing this guy could do is leave and play elsewhere for a year or two. Try to rid himself of the stain of that club and maybe enjoy football again for a bit. Or retire.

Given the rebirth of form of Tom Hawkins at a mature age, and the way Adelaide is playing, it may just be possible to lure him. He’s not a South Australian and he clearly needs a new environment. It might be worth a punt. The guy can kick, unlike so many Collingwood forwards in recent years.
Thoughts?
Yeah I think the hate he gets is way over the top still a 50 goal a season player in a good team

To be fair, I haven’t seen a whole heap of him this year. Many here say he’s a spent force. A bloke at my work thinks the same, so maybe my judgement is clouded due to Collingwood’s need for another forward.

He hasn't been good, has done well with some charity free kicks but no jump and a non entity on the field when the side is down (which has been the whole year). Was a very good player but the end is nigh.

Thoughts?

We could but what would we do with him and how would we pay him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back