Society/Culture Media Silence over Women’s Violence Toward Children

Remove this Banner Ad

Domestic violence statistics will show you an overwhelming majority of male perpetrators. I’d be careful of feeling sorry for men given they are not statistically the victims. I’d also be not suggesting females who commit such offences be given a mental illness tag or a slap on the wrist. There seems to be the cases of women assaulting kids etc more so than partners. Neither is acceptable.

Now I am not a small man, over 6ft and around 100kg from lots of gym time etc, if my mrs slapped me id not be too stressed. Not thrilled, but not terribly upset. However if I slapped her I’d be pretty sure I’d be out on the kerb. I’d remind her that if the shoe was on the other foot....then lock in some bank credit

Where was I taking shots at victims? The racist on the train? He looked in a bad way, he actually might have died. The bloke that cracked him is a moron. Worth wrecking your life for a racist flog? No.

If your missus slapped you, you wouldnt be too stressed? You got some dumb takes man.

If your missus slapped you, you wouldnt be too stressed? You got some dumb takes man.
Did you read what I said? If she slapped me once as a one off incident, I’d shrug it off, if she did it all the time I’d be concerned. The power base is disparate. I am not a small man. She is a smaller woman. I am not feeling intimidated by a slap from her as a one off, whereas she definitely would if I hit her.

Did you read what I said? If she slapped me once as a one off incident, I’d shrug it off, if she did it all the time I’d be concerned. The power base is disparate. I am not a small man. She is a smaller woman. I am not feeling intimidated by a slap from her as a one off, whereas she definitely would if I hit her.

No ones taking your pathetic self loathing simp advice man.

Domestic violence statistics will show you an overwhelming majority of male perpetrators. I’d be careful of feeling sorry for men given they are not statistically the victims. I’d also be not suggesting females who commit such offences be given a mental illness tag or a slap on the wrist. There seems to be the cases of women assaulting kids etc more so than partners. Neither is acceptable.
This has been proven factually inaccurate.
You'll find the real correlated statistics not governed by the Australian government's adopted 'Duluth Model' accounts for almost a 50/50 split (51% to 49% I believe), including a increasing stat of same sex DV being recorded, on both sides. Which the government isn't sure which way to spin it or how to deal with it in their current model.
You're also right - there's plenty of evidence to suggest physical and psychological abuse against kids from both sides, manipulating against parents is as common as it is unacceptable.

Now I am not a small man, over 6ft and around 100kg from lots of gym time etc, if my mrs slapped me id not be too stressed. Not thrilled, but not terribly upset. However if I slapped her I’d be pretty sure I’d be out on the kerb. I’d remind her that if the shoe was on the other foot....then lock in some bank credit

Where was I taking shots at victims? The racist on the train? He looked in a bad way, he actually might have died. The bloke that cracked him is a moron. Worth wrecking your life for a racist flog? No.

This is your typical generic, stereotypical view from the outside of what family DV victims deal with tbh.
Blokes aren't topping themselves in record numbers because their 'mrs' slaps them every once in a while. There are literally thousands of cases out there in Australia of guys being punched, stabbed, beaten & psychologically tormented - with no support services to turn to that don't just preach to them 'how to be a better husband' and stop their cycle of violence.. Not to mention being slapped with VRO's for defending themselves.
Not sure what kind of relationships you’ve been in.....
^That's the kind of relationship a shitload more than 5.9% of men have been in..

This has been proven factually inaccurate.
You'll find the real correlated statistics not governed by the Australian government's adopted 'Duluth Model' accounts for almost a 50/50 split (51% to 49% I believe), including a increasing stat of same sex DV being recorded, on both sides. Which the government isn't sure which way to spin it or how to deal with it in their current model.
You're also right - there's plenty of evidence to suggest physical and psychological abuse against kids from both sides, manipulating against parents is as common as it is unacceptable.

This is your typical generic, stereotypical view from the outside of what family DV victims deal with tbh.
Blokes aren't topping themselves in record numbers because their 'mrs' slaps them every once in a while. There are literally thousands of cases out there in Australia of guys being punched, stabbed, beaten & psychologically tormented - with no support services to turn to that don't just preach to them 'how to be a better husband' and stop their cycle of violence.. Not to mention being slapped with VRO's for defending themselves.

^That's the kind of relationship a shitload more than 5.9% of men have been in..
I get what you’re saying, and no men are going to struggle in society that has a unforgiving attitude to DV if they strike their partner in self defence or otherwise. There’ll be a lot more support for females because females are on the receiving end of DV from men more often. Where are you getting 51-49%?

As a guy you’ve probably got to prove a lot more to get sympathy for being assaulted. I don’t feel you’ll get much sympathy from receiving a slap, but yeah you will if you get knifed. I think the severity needs to be much more pronounced if a female assaults a male. However if you slap your partner then that’s it, you’ve got society right against you. You’ll get a label really easily.

I get what you’re saying, and no men are going to struggle in society that has a unforgiving attitude to DV if they strike their partner in self defence or otherwise. There’ll be a lot more support for females because females are on the receiving end of DV from men more often. Where are you getting 51-49%?

As a guy you’ve probably got to prove a lot more to get sympathy for being assaulted. I don’t feel you’ll get much sympathy from receiving a slap, but yeah you will if you get knifed. I think the severity needs to be much more pronounced if a female assaults a male. However if you slap your partner then that’s it, you’ve got society right against you. You’ll get a label really easily.
Take out the bolded from your statement and you'd be more accurate. I'm not talking about self-defence.
Go ahead - try to find a government link or organization that provides support for men trying to escape DV. One that actually does that - and not mark them as the perpetrator and statistic.

The 51/49 was based on DVA Australia's independent statistics for I believe 2019: https://www.facebook.com/domesticviolenceawarenessaustralia/ Notes tab.

It's not even public perception that's the worst (although it's pretty bad) it's the willful lack of transparency and government support for real victims.
Having said that, no two ways about it - if you're the perpetrator or reciprocate behaviour, particularly in front of kids you deserve everything you get, but the family courts rarely get it right.

Take out the bolded from your statement and you'd be more accurate. I'm not talking about self-defence.
Go ahead - try to find a government link or organization that provides support for men trying to escape DV. One that actually does that - and not mark them as the perpetrator and statistic.

The 51/49 was based on DVA Australia's independent statistics for I believe 2019: https://www.facebook.com/domesticviolenceawarenessaustralia/ Notes tab.

It's not even public perception that's the worst (although it's pretty bad) it's the willful lack of transparency and government support for real victims.
Having said that, no two ways about it - if you're the perpetrator or reciprocate behaviour, particularly in front of kids you deserve everything you get, but the family courts rarely get it right.
I mean are there a lot of men really getting seriously assaulted though? Whilst we know of plenty of women in abusive relationships, I wonder what percentage of men are getting a slap or hit on a regular basis?

And I wonder how much this psychologically damages men? I mean if my mrs hit me every time she lost the plot or for whatever reason, say twice a week, then I’d tell her that I think she needs help and you’d better get it because I am not worried about me but I am worried for the kids. I’d not be afraid of her because I am not physically intimidated.

The worst I’ve copped is a big fatty in grade 6 shoving me about and pinching me when I was in grade 3. She was a lot physically bigger and confident. How much do you think size has to do with it?

The history of DV surveys would tell you that the statistics were, for a very long time, based solely on surveys of women, specifically women who accesssed assistance (govt or otherwise).

More recently DV surveys have broadened scope to also include the experience of same sex couples and men.

Unfortunately the worst shortcoming of DV statistics are not that they are skewed towards issues that affect women, it is that DV is unreported by a estimated factor of about 10.

Whatever Pauline Hanson and the MRA nutters say is right. Their feelings over it's general unfairness are what is currently driving the Senate Inquiry into the Family Court. Her vote doesn't come for free.

The worst part of the whinings about the Family Court is that the Family Court specifically forces people to sort out their own sh*t and is only forced to step in when people can't sort out their own sh*t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey 2010: Findings on Victimization by Sexual Orientation
Walters, Mikel; Chen, Jieru; Breiding, Matthew

Life-time prevalence of (intimate partner violence) IPV in LGB couples appeared to be similar to or higher than in heterosexual ones: 61.1% of bisexual women, 43.8% of lesbian women, 37.3% of bisexual men, and 26.0% of homosexual men experienced IPV during their life, while 35.0% of heterosexual women and 29.0% of heterosexual men experienced IPV. When episodes of severe violence were considered, prevalence was similar or higher for LGB adults (bisexual women: 49.3%; lesbian women: 29.4%; homosexual men: 16.4%) compared to heterosexual adults (heterosexual women: 23.6%; heterosexual men: 13.9%)

So the 51% aren't "real victims"?
The govt support that the 51% receives isn't support?
No.
It's not a pie, support for one shouldn't detract from support for the other. It's not rocket science.

Seriously, how the hell can you extrapolate that from my post? You've actively recognised that only half cases are getting support and instead of questioning the half that aren't you've suggested the cases of people who are aren't real?

Based on what do they rarely 'get it right'?
What is 'getting it right'?
Providing the best outcome that benefits the silent victims in the kids, and not buying into the rife shady tactics actively suggested to parents by government support workers and lawyers alike.

If you're actually advocating that the family courts system in Australia aren't the most shambolic joke you're more willfully ignorant than can be saved.
The worst part of the whinings about the Family Court is that the Family Court specifically forces people to sort out their own sh*t and is only forced to step in when people can't sort out their own sh*t.
Talk about some mega 5D chess spin...

They don't *actively* do s**t. They're passive in every instance and are complicit in the deaths of dozens of children around the country every year.

You're absolutely full of it.

Last edited:
No.
It's not a pie, support for one shouldn't detract from support for the other. It's not rocket science.

Seriously, how the hell can you extrapolate that from my post? You've actively recognised that only half cases are getting support and instead of questioning the half that aren't you've suggested the cases of people who are aren't real?

Providing the best outcome that benefits the silent victims in the kids, and not buying into the rife shady tactics actively suggested to parents by government support workers and lawyers alike.

If you're actually advocating that the family courts system in Australia aren't the most shambolic joke you're more willfully ignorant than can be saved.

Talk about some mega 5D chess spin...

They don't *actively* do sh*t. They're passive in every instance and are complicit in the deaths of dozens of children around the country every year.

You're absolutely full of it.

You're pretending to give a sh*t, when all you really give a sh*t about is stopping men getting supposedly dudded by their ex's or the Family Court.
The giveaway is your use of the term "real victims".

Step1 in the Family Court process is ---You're f'n adults, sort it out yourself.
Before they tell you to sort out your sh*t yourself, they tell you, if you come back here because you can't sort out your own sh*t this is how we are going to decide it for you and you're not going to like it.

The people who really give a sh*t, go away and sort it out themselves, even if it means they don't get all the things that they want.
All of the stupid c*nts go back to the Family Court expecting the Court to come up with some magical solution where stupid c*nts think they're going to get everything they want because "she's a b-itch".

It is f'n sick how you blame the Court for deranged people killing their children.

Stupid c*nt after stupid c*nt fronts up to Family Court playing the woe is me, she's a bitch, that means I don't need to support my children card... and they get disappointed when Family Court says "yeah, nah".

The 'systems rigged' 'I love my kids', 'I would do anything for them'....except pay child support because 'she's a b*tch'.

$1.54 BILLION F'N DOLLARS in Child Support is owed by fathers.
1.54 BILLION DOLLARS.

Who are the 'real victims'?

I'll give you a hint, it ain't some stupid c*nt who can't handle rejection.

I mean are there a lot of men really getting seriously assaulted though? Whilst we know of plenty of women in abusive relationships, I wonder what percentage of men are getting a slap or hit on a regular basis?

And I wonder how much this psychologically damages men? I mean if my mrs hit me every time she lost the plot or for whatever reason, say twice a week, then I’d tell her that I think she needs help and you’d better get it because I am not worried about me but I am worried for the kids. I’d not be afraid of her because I am not physically intimidated.

The worst I’ve copped is a big fatty in grade 6 shoving me about and pinching me when I was in grade 3. She was a lot physically bigger and confident. How much do you think size has to do with it?

Does it need to be serious assault for men? It only needs to be verbal assault for women.

Size actually has very little to do with it, by the way. Its about fear and intimidation and an unwillingness to admit you are weak.

I knew a guy who was brilliant at martial arts, yet the class bully would beat the crap out of him regularly because he would literally wet himself when being bullied.

Wow man.... you should learn to respect yourself a little more

Wow man.... you should learn to respect yourself a little more
I do respect myself. I categorically stated that if she slapped me as a once off I’d not be thrilled at all, but I wouldn’t go and put one on her chin to level the score. Respecting myself would not be tolerating it on a repeated basis, which I stated.

I do respect myself. I categorically stated that if she slapped me as a once off I’d not be thrilled at all, but I wouldn’t go and put one on her chin to level the score. Respecting myself would not be tolerating it on a repeated basis, which I stated.
ONCE is enough... it rarely ends at one

alsolutely enlightening... more dubious head knocks and more crap decisions from men who should know better.
ride the message of female empowerment. and shut down the difficult decision of rack and ruin...

never let it be said that we can't have a handball..

Women killing kids is a suitable topic for discussion, but bringing up actual legal rulings relating to the unfair treatment of men in the family law court, is an automatic thread locking misogynist crime against humanity?

:think:

Women killing kids is a suitable topic for discussion, but bringing up actual legal rulings relating to the unfair treatment of men in the family law court, is an automatic thread locking misogynist crime against humanity?

:think:
If that's the case, this should get me a thread ban.

Darren Jolly's heartbreaking story is an all too common theme in Australia today.. But as suggested in here "they're adults.. *ing sort it out". :rolleyes:

Jolly.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back