12 - cutler.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
Last Game Played: Round 13, 2022 (omit)
Injury Status: Should be available to play this weekend - 20/7
Quad strain, "standard" injury, will miss about 4 weeks - 29/6

My Boy Draft 2022: Pick 16, ghostdog

Last edited:
Don't go there.

I'd say it's questionable Dodoro or anyone paid by the club spent any time specifically watching any of Z. Clarke, Snelling and Cutler (the big body). It wouldn't be hard for me to accept Phillips arrived as no more than Sheedy's recommendation. Sheedy's recommendation was definitely mentioned by Dodoro.

I include Snelling, not because he's bad, but because AD's post mid-season draft comment was "he arrives as the best athlete on our list". Yes Adrian, 10 kgs ago when he tested at the AFL combine his numbers were very impressive. If Snelling was capable of any of that testing from 2019...

You can really post some opinions that are really void of any facts every now and then.

Well if he watched Cutler and Snelling and his comments are anything to go by he is such a bad judge that he should be sacked immediately and we should look at some sort of recovery of all of the money he has made in property deals using his connections only made due to his position.

Anyone who has watched Cutler version 2018 and the few games in 2019 before he got injured would know the current version is playing at about a quarter of what he was.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone who has watched Cutler version 2018 and the few games in 2019 before he got injured would know the current version is playing at about a quarter of what he was.

I never said Cutler can't play. I'm only addressing Dodoro's reference to Cutler being a "big body".

To put Cutler in that description of midfielder is such a bastardization of the term it seriously calls Dodoro's credibility into question. That he included Langford and Heppell is essentially the straw that broke the camel's back for me, proves he's been taking the piss for years now (and there is no reason he should be trusted going forward). It's not a slip of the tongue, I'll bet in his mind it probably has soemthing to do with Langford being given Jobe's number.

Bringing it back to Cutler, what outside player who has never shown any meaningful contested side to his game suddenly becomes an inside ball winning and blocking machine?

At best it's the latest example of Dodoro trying to turn a player into something he isn't.

Last edited:

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
I think he should be gone, but when we pick someone up, why would you go out and say "well he sucks at this and this" instead of being positive?
Cutler did suck at so much though that it didn't seem like a justifiable pick up, to me anyway. I was never going to lie to myself and say I liked him getting on-board. I never liked it. The positivity around it was irrational to me.

Cutler did suck at so much though that it didn't seem like a justifiable pick up, to me anyway. I was never going to lie to myself and say I liked him getting on-board. I never liked it. The positivity around it was irrational to me.
I watched plenty of Brisbane games and thought he was pretty solid with a few flaws. But if you're a list manager and you've just recruited a player you're hardly going to come out and say he sucks, are you?

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
I watched plenty of Brisbane games and thought he was pretty solid with a few flaws. But if you're a list manager and you've just recruited a player you're hardly going to come out and say he sucks, are you?
Rather, I mean the positivity from some on this board. It seemed like a lot of supporters just threw their lot behind Dodoro and Cutler the instant he was traded in. At that point I was still supporting Dodo, but I couldn't see the sense in recruiting Cutler.

Back