Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

So the million dollar question and we're all thinking it. Does he get another contract? Personally there's been enough positive vibe from the club that I would think a resounding yes however he may be one of the players at risk if the AFL decides to reduce list sizes. With some continuity he will be a star IMO so I'll be gutted if he's not kept on.

nelroo

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So the million dollar question and we're all thinking it. Does he get another contract? Personally there's been enough positive vibe from the club that I would think a resounding yes however he may be one of the players at risk if the AFL decides to reduce list sizes. With some continuity he will be a star IMO so I'll be gutted if he's not kept on.
IMO he should be okay for a contract for next year. I could list a dozen that should be shown the door before him.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
So the million dollar question and we're all thinking it. Does he get another contract?

I have actually not given this the slightest thought.

He's an automatic re-signing.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Damn you Footy Gods! You’ve hated us since 2016. Gives us a break in 2021, please!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's probably got a twinge & Rhyce has mothballed him along with a few others mate.

There's high draft picks to be had, and nothing really to be gained.;)

One of Will’s last acts before he got the knock in the second quarter was a sublime kick down the wing that, unfortunately, missed its intended target by a couple of centimetres. I’m really looking forward to him nailing those next season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will Walker has been ruled out for 4-6 weeks with a high-grade hamstring injury, but Shaw saw real positives from the out-of-contract youngster before his latest setback.

"I was actually really disappointed that young Will Walker did his hamstring because he showed some really good signs last week that he was someone that we could build around and hopefully he gets an opportunity," Shaw said.

Will Walker has been ruled out for 4-6 weeks with a high-grade hamstring injury, but Shaw saw real positives from the out-of-contract youngster before his latest setback.

"I was actually really disappointed that young Will Walker did his hamstring because he showed some really good signs last week that he was someone that we could build around and hopefully he gets an opportunity," Shaw said.

That last phrase bothers me. Surely Will is 100% a required player.

SammyRoo

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I watched allot of the 2018 VFL season where W.Walker, Zurhaar and Larkey were all cutting their teeth. Walker was easily as talented and capable as the other 2.

I remember thinking the 3 of them will be a bit part of the future.

Will is definitely a required player. Rhys has singled him out for praise a couple of times in the last few weeks in his pressers. It’s rare for him to do that. I think he absolutely loves Will’s passion, his skill and willingness to follow instructions.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't know how you could have interpreted what Rhyce said as anything other than Will gets another contract.

He's been a valued player since his first game, he brings something to this team that literally nobody else on our team brings, and its not easy to explain but you see it when he plays.

His positioning, patterns and ways to get involved even just in his last game were abundantly clear, he manages to always put himself in to a position where he can get involved even on a poor day out.

Don't know how you could have interpreted what Rhyce said as anything other than Will gets another contract.

He's been a valued player since his first game, he brings something to this team that literally nobody else on our team brings, and its not easy to explain but you see it when he plays.

His positioning, patterns and ways to get involved even just in his last game were abundantly clear, he manages to always put himself in to a position where he can get involved even on a poor day out.

Agree, but the first quote of what Rhyce said was incomplete and seemed equivocal. All good once you see the full quote.

Back