The USA Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn, my spurs have missed the play-offs for the first time since 1997, been one hell of a ride.
Had to happen eventually. As great as Pop is, he just didnt have the cattle this season. Could be some lean years ahead for them and I wonder if Pop will stay for a rebuild.

jod23 Bulls have fired Jim Boylen.

First the front office has a major overhaul. Now we can expect a new (someone with a clue) head coach. I don’t know about you but I am finally excited about our future.
Was only a matter of time, but thank god. Boylen is awful. We've had a terrible run of awful coaches since Tibs left really.

No idea who we are gonna go after now.

It still annoys me we took Carter Jr when Michael Porter Jr was still on the board. We're s**t anyways, we have the time to take on a project like MPJ plus he's a possible unicorn. Has been balling for Denver lately which further annoys me.

I hope we rip up the squad and go full rebuild.

Was only a matter of time, but thank god. Boylen is awful. We've had a terrible run of awful coaches since Tibs left really.

No idea who we are gonna go after now.

It still annoys me we took Carter Jr when Michael Porter Jr was still on the board. We're sh*t anyways, we have the time to take on a project like MPJ plus he's a possible unicorn. Has been balling for Denver lately which further annoys me.

I hope we rip up the squad and go full rebuild.

I wanted MPJr back then, too. He was talked about as a Top 3 pick in that draft before sliding because he was injured. I wish we just drafted him as we were clearly quite a few years off anyway but Carter Jr has done pretty well too, so hopefully we will be a good contributor long term. I think this FO will make the right coaching hire and the right moves for the team. I am confident that they won’t hold the team back like the last FO.

I wanted MPJr back then, too. He was talked about as a Top 3 pick in that draft before sliding because he was injured. I wish we just drafted him as we were clearly quite a few years off anyway but Carter Jr has done pretty well too, so hopefully we will be a good contributor long term. I think this FO will make the right coaching hire and the right moves for the team. I am confident that they won’t hold the team back like the last FO.
Well anything is better than GarPax. Thank god that's over.

Carter Jr has been ok but he's never gonna be a star. MPJr is a unicorn and could be anything, I was so annoyed. Haha.

I'd say I'd wish we took MPJ instead of Mo Bamba (who caught covid 19 BTW), but we already have Gordon and Isaac (who's now torn his ACL), so I don't know how that would have worked out having all 3 at the 4 spot.

A lot of people want Kenny Atkinson to end up as Chicago, I presume the new GM is going to hire say an assistant / culture builder who he's worked with previously however.

NBA playoffs are under way and the very first game Donovan Mitchell drops 57!

To put that into context, its the 3rd highest points total for a playoff game in NBA history. He sits behind Elgin Baylors 61 points which he scored for the Lakers back in 1962 and of course the record holder, the GOAT himself, Michael Jordan who dropped 63 on the Celtics back in 1986.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's such a weak draft though. Most think it's sh*t after the top 3 and of course we jump up but get... you guessed it, pick 4.

A lot of drafts are considered weak but you end up looking back and being surprised. Only time will tell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back