Player Watch #35: Nathan Broad

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
Just my thoughts but it's only a five day break til the Eagles. His form has tapered and I suspect they're resting him up for a specific job on one of the Eagles mobile talls, Darling, Allen or Waterman (if he plays - been injured). All in good form. Maybe a fresh defender wb handy. Grimes was poor last week. Vlaus' form is strong as with Balta.

Someone had to come out for Bachar (defender for a defender) and they obviously want to see if Markov can put together a block of games (trade bait perhaps) but his form is on the up.

Nice problem to have when we have a good variety of medium tall defenders and a range of running defenders too.

It's just omitted v managed it's no that deep
Who said it was deep?
I said I don’t pay any regard to what it says omitted or managed in my mind he will be being managed.
You know I don’t pick the team though yeah?

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
No they usually play a straight bat, if they say they are omitted then that is the case I reckon.

The reality is we have a lot of good defenders at the moment, I'm not surprised. It's a good sign if he is being squeezed out.

You would think he could be a match up for Liam Ryan in a couple of weeks though.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
His opponents found the ball even less
Broady is one of those players that you don’t pay a lot of attention to you just know he gets the job done week in week out and rarely is beaten one on one.
If he’s been poor defensively I haven’t noticed and would be amazed if that was the case. he’s just not the type to deviate from team structure/ rules.

What kind of club do you think we are? As if we'd drop Broad because he wants to switch clubs. Ellis played in a bloody grand final and we knew full well he was moving to the Suns. Clearly the coaches think he needs to be doing something better.

Don't get me wrong, I think he should be playing against the Eagles as we're too short in defence, but to suggest he's been dropped because he's leaving is ridiculous.

Back