Elvis

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins, LFC, NY Rangers
I'm not going to claim to have a strong opinion on it, but I am happy that Marino's number is retired. Tua can make his own history.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
IMG_20200505_091634.jpg

Shula Stadium. They've got to make it happen. Should have occurred whilst he was alive.

But what a giant of the game, let alone the Dolphins

Great idea but unless Don Shula owned a major car manufacturer, cell phone network or financial institute it wont happen.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tua Tagovailoa said he's "ready to go" in an interview with USA Today.
Tagovailoa's recovery has been reported ahead of schedule on multiple occasions and the quarterback himself is now confirming this. The possibility of him taking the field as a rookie is looking increasingly likely. Ryan Fitzpatrick is still the favorite to start Week 1 but it wouldn't be surprising for Tagovailoa to get starts in the first half of the year. Fitzpatrick led the Dolphins to finish 13th in passing yards and 22nd in passing touchdowns last year.
SOURCE: USA Today
Jul 23, 2020, 6:19 PM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa passed his physical (hip) and will be able to practice without limitations.
Coach Brian Flores made this statement immediately after proclaiming the quarterback position was open for competition. Tua was unable to participate at the NFL Combine following hip surgery, and his claims that he would be healthy enough for training camp have been proven to be true. It will be difficult for any rookie quarterback not named Joe Burrow to start Week 1 due to the total lack of preseason games, but the team obviously believes the No. 5 overall pick will elevate their offense when ready.
SOURCE: Barry Jackson on Twitter
Jul 29, 2020, 10:16 AM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Dolphins HC Brian Flores said there would be an open competition at quarterback this summer.
Asked Wednesday if Ryan Fitzpatrick would be Miami's first-team signal caller, Flores said "there is competition there and everywhere," according to Dolphins beat writer Barry Jackson. With full practices likely delayed into well into August, it might be some time before the Dolphins decide between Fitzpatrick or rookie Tua Tagovailoa as their Week 1 starter.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Barry Jackson on Twitter
Jul 29, 2020, 10:09 AM ET

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Dolphins RB coach Eric Studesville said Jordan Howard's role "hasn't been defined yet."
The Dolphins are moving to a more spread based offense under OC Chan Gailey, leaving some concern over Howard's role. He still projects to get red-zone snaps over Matt Breida, but Howard offers next to nothing in the pass game. It won't be surprising if Howard and Breida end up in a near-even timeshare. The Dolphins backfield remains a situation to avoid.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter
Aug 8, 2020, 10:31 AM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
If you’re still a dolphins fan this time next year I’ll eat my hat
Ive been a dolphin fan since the mid 70s and especially Marino era. As in, always were my no2 team. Since ive punted the raiders it makes sense theyd assume the no1 position. So youll be eating a hat because the dolphins have stayed with me for 40 years

Mind you....in the several months of being a Chiefs fan, ive already embraced the 50 years of heartache and letdowns as tho i lived them myself.

But dont let that diminish my 40 years of Dolphinness

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ive been a dolphin fan since the mid 70s and especially Marino era. As in, always were my no2 team. Since ive punted the raiders it makes sense theyd assume the no1 position. So youll be eating a hat because the dolphins have stayed with me for 40 years

Mind you....in the several months of being a Chiefs fan, ive already embraced the 50 years of heartache and letdowns as tho i lived them myself.

But dont let that diminish my 40 years of Dolphinness
You’re old and my hat is made of chocolate so I win

Parker injured, offense never in gear all day. Thought Gaskin's showed some flashes at rb though

Defense I thought battled well though, Christian Wilkins had a big game.

Roll on the Tua days.

mitchmcleod

Draftee
Oct 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
What do we all think of the way the transition to Tua has played out over the past two days? I don't think the organisation could of handled it any worse, to be honest, which is very frustrating. It should of been a pretty simple scenario.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back