AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Aged care ?

He's another pretend lefty.

As
Aged care ?

The Dogs run their team on the same model as everyone else according to the same AFL rules as everyone else.

There's no actual evidence that we won't have a VFL team.next year.

Let alone any evidence there'll be an actual VFL next year.

Folks are pretending we've sacrificed the VFL team for the W team to suit their own prexisting political views.

Which is somewhat ironic.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Maybe, maybe not.
If the club came out and said:
OPTION A ‘we need to raise $600k for a stand-alone Reserves team‘ or OPTION B ‘$300k for a local alignment with a Preston/Coburg’ etc
OPTION C is ‘no team at all’ with OPTION D being some form of a ‘Tassie Kangaroos Reserves side’.
I'd definitely put money in as would many others and, despite the current economic climate, I think that a reasonable amount of money could be raised. Some input from the higher net-worth supporters would also help and would likely be required.

Option A would obviously be ideal on many levels, B could be ok-to-good depending on the actual alignment, C would be a disaster for the development of our young players and D would be disaster on almost every level.
Option A is the best way any other option is not on especially option B as it wouldn’t be an alignment it would be a Takeover having to use there name there colours and there ground and having our supporters treated like Sh)t be the take over club supporter base.
EG:North Ballarat and Werribee supporters.
Then having the skill level of our players drop even further in a Takeover club and atm the skill level can’t get any lower.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
There's no actual evidence that we won't have a VFL team.next year.

Let alone any evidence there'll be an actual VFL next year.

Folks are pretending we've sacrificed the VFL team for the W team to suit their own prexisting political views.

Which is somewhat ironic.
Yep. Positing it as a choice between the W and VFL looks to be politicised fluff unless there is any evidence to the contrary.

Rants arent evidence.

Yep. Positing it as a choice between the W and VFL looks to be politicised fluff unless there is any evidence to the contrary.

Rants arent evidence.

I'll wait to see what the AFL actually decides in terms of a second tier competition for Vic teams and what role we play in it before losing my s**t.

If we don't have a team, we won't be the only club.

And I strongly doubt we won't have a team.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's another pretend lefty.

Can't stand the bloke but he actually left Slater & Gordon 10 years ago. Also, the Gordon in Slater & Gordon is not Peter Gordon. The firm is named after a co-founder, Hugh Gordon, who died in aerial combat flying a Lancaster bomber for the RAAF in WW2. Peter Gordon is not related to Hugh Gordon.

I thought they would do this but make it an eastern afl reserves league instead of keeping existing vfl and neafl clubs

Could have been just the 10 AFL vic teams plus 2 Qld teams and 2 NSW teams in a 14 team comp

But instead they plan on keeping the standalone vfl and neafl clubs, there could end up being around 20 teams which is stupid

VFL to merge with NEAFL in shake up of state league football
Victorian Football League clubs will compete against teams from NSW, Queensland and the ACT after a merger with a rival state league competition was confirmed.
Staff writers, Leader

similars

THE VFL will expand next year to take in the NEAFL.

After weeks of speculation about the structure of second-tier football, the AFL announced this afternoon that the NEAFL competition would be absorbed into the Victorian state league in 2021.

AFL clubs in Victoria, Queensland and NSW will be given three options for next year: to field their own teams, strike an alignment or spread their players across multiple clubs.

The NEAFL’s nine clubs — Brisbane, Gold Coast, GWS and Sydney as well as Aspley Hornets, Canberra Demons, Redland Bombers, Southport Sharks and Sydney University — will be invited to join the VFL.

But sources indicated the AFL did not expect them all to take up the offer.

The AFL said second-tier football in 2021 would be a “year of transition’’ reflecting the impact of a reduced AFL soft cap, the level of AFL club investment and resources allocated to men’s and women’s football programs, any Player CBA revisions and any associated impact on player list sizes.

It said it would work towards ensuring greater alignment across all second-tier competitions and increase the alignment with talent programs in each state and territory.

The model for second-tier women’s football in Victoria is under review but it’s believed the VFLW season may be brought forward to operate at the same time as the AFLW.

The AFL is also making changes to the elite junior pathway, with the NAB League Boys and Girls to go from Under 16 and Under 18 levels to Under 17 and Under 19 in 2021.

The national championships will also go to Under 19s.

The draft age will remain at 18 for the AFL and AFLW competitions.

The AFL’s talent pathway team will also assume control of the Victorian Next Generation Academies (NGAs), targeting Indigenous and multicultural players.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So is that code for 'only the AFL clubs are expected to join'?
As North Supporters, we won't have to worry about it as the decision has already been made.
Home games will at Werribee as Werribee Tigers like the good ole days.
But in good news Board members of North will have their business interest looked after.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As North Supporters, we won't have to worry about it as the decision has already been made.
Home games will at Werribee as Werribee Tigers like the good ole days.
But in good news Board members of North will have their business interest looked after.

Is this another Paul Crappers alt account?

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
VFL to merge with NEAFL in shake up of state league football
Victorian Football League clubs will compete against teams from NSW, Queensland and the ACT after a merger with a rival state league competition was confirmed.
Staff writers, Leader

similars

THE VFL will expand next year to take in the NEAFL.

After weeks of speculation about the structure of second-tier football, the AFL announced this afternoon that the NEAFL competition would be absorbed into the Victorian state league in 2021.

AFL clubs in Victoria, Queensland and NSW will be given three options for next year: to field their own teams, strike an alignment or spread their players across multiple clubs.

The NEAFL’s nine clubs — Brisbane, Gold Coast, GWS and Sydney as well as Aspley Hornets, Canberra Demons, Redland Bombers, Southport Sharks and Sydney University — will be invited to join the VFL.

But sources indicated the AFL did not expect them all to take up the offer.

The AFL said second-tier football in 2021 would be a “year of transition’’ reflecting the impact of a reduced AFL soft cap, the level of AFL club investment and resources allocated to men’s and women’s football programs, any Player CBA revisions and any associated impact on player list sizes.

It said it would work towards ensuring greater alignment across all second-tier competitions and increase the alignment with talent programs in each state and territory.

The model for second-tier women’s football in Victoria is under review but it’s believed the VFLW season may be brought forward to operate at the same time as the AFLW.

The AFL is also making changes to the elite junior pathway, with the NAB League Boys and Girls to go from Under 16 and Under 18 levels to Under 17 and Under 19 in 2021.

The national championships will also go to Under 19s.

The draft age will remain at 18 for the AFL and AFLW competitions.

The AFL’s talent pathway team will also assume control of the Victorian Next Generation Academies (NGAs), targeting Indigenous and multicultural players.
I find it hard to believe that non-AFL clubs will be able to afford this kind of competition unless it gets significant media coverage. Which it won't.

It probably looks good on paper but doesn't work out in practice, in true Brad Scott style.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I find it hard to believe that non-AFL clubs will be able to afford this kind of competition unless it gets significant media coverage. Which it won't.

It probably looks good on paper but doesn't work out in practice, in true Brad Scott style.

Non-AFL clubs would probably be better off teaming up with the 6 or so richest clubs in the suburban leagues and forming a new VFA. Besides which, the AFL clubs treat the integrity of the competition with contempt to the extent that it's not even worth keeping score or maintaining a ladder. And as you say, this new system is destined to drive them all to the wall.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is this another Paul Crappers alt account?
No Paul Crapper here mate I’m seeing things clearly the administration of this club are liars and can’t be trusted.
For starters what the supporters did in fundraising $$$ for new facilities has come to nothing and them coming out say no VFL team in 2021 and beyond is no more then a criminal act against the history of this club and it’s supporters.
So you can call me what you want mate I don’t care but I’m a proud supporter of this club that can see thru the liars of no face spineless group of people that are called the North Melbourne Football Club Board.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
No Paul Crapper here mate I’m seeing things clearly the administration of this club are liars and can’t be trusted.
For starters what the supporters did in fundraising $$$ for new facilities has come to nothing and them coming out say no VFL team in 2021 and beyond is no more then a criminal act against the history of this club and it’s supporters.
So you can call me what you want mate I don’t care but I’m a proud supporter of this club that can see thru the liars of no face spineless group of people that are called the North Melbourne Football Club Board.
They've not made any announcements about 2021. Can only assume that's what they told you when you were being made redundant.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They've not made any announcements about 2021. Can only assume that's what they told you when you were being made redundant.
I work for a living champ I’m one of the lucky ones that still has a job that supports his club should try it mate might let you see what’s going on in life.
Then too those I’m Paul Crapper I’m not but I work for people like him and worse then him.
Plus iv met him thru people I work for and he has passion for North but unfortunately the guy I wish would step up is promoting his new wine atm and is about to go to the UAE to coach 20/20 cricket.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I work for a living champ I’m one of the lucky ones that still has a job that supports his club should try it mate might let you see what’s going on in life.
Then too those I’m Paul Crapper I’m not but I work for people like him and worse then him.
Plus iv met him thru people I work for and he has passion for North but unfortunately the guy I wish would step up is promoting his new wine atm and is about to go to the UAE to coach 20/20 cricket.

You believe in Qanon too, right?

Can you please post a link or quote where the admin have said we won't have a VFL team next year?

Back