2020 Music

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
WWALY and Reflecting Light are okay. The other two subpar from the Avalanches.

I think this one will turn out to be a bit more like a UK-ish Brainfeeder. Could be saved by track sequencing.

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
WWALY and Reflecting Light are okay. The other two subpar from the Avalanches.

I think this one will turn out to be a bit more like a UK-ish Brainfeeder. Could be saved by track sequencing.

that’s what I’m hoping, the songs are of the context of a bigger cohesive album. I do really like wherever you go! Has mick Jones on piano and Neneh Cherry has some memorable vocals, Song has some good layered sampling, just my opinion.

Valentino Dmitri

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2008
69 Bosoms Lane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Rokeby GP Dancesquad
Gee I thought Puddle of Mudd did a shithouse Nirvana impression back in the early 2000's when they were on the radio for a minute. But then you hear their actual Nirvana impression. Ridiculous.

On a better note, early days but I think Phoebe Bridgers's recent album Punisher is my favourite music in a decade or so.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Gee I thought Puddle of Mudd did a shithouse Nirvana impression back in the early 2000's when they were on the radio for a minute. But then you hear their actual Nirvana impression. Ridiculous.

On a better note, early days but I think Phoebe Bridgers's recent album Punisher is my favourite music in a decade or so.

Holy s**t that was horrendous. Like wtf was he actually thinking? Didn’t his band mates say how s**t his voice was? He couldn’t even hit most of those parts!
Also agreed on Punisher

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX

Who thought that what we needed in 2020 was Puddle of Mud doing... anything? Brilliant like to dislike ratio on that vid though.

Add me to Bridgers fan club. :thumbsu:

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Oblio - The Same Day
I like this guys flow. The beats and samples are pretty cool too.

This album is a three-part story with familiar references to associated acts (RHOG, VIKTM, DreadNots) as well as quarantine-induced musings for your criticism and enjoyment. The more things change, the more they seem that way...this is the same day.
credits
released August 7, 2020

Musical contributions from members of DreadNots collective, and poetics voiced by Oblio with featured works from Id Obelus.

Tropical * Storm's new single is incredible. Funny because I had been loving the original by Liddiard and Rui Pereira on Bong Odyssey, so was great to hear Liddiard re-record it and improve upon it.

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
some stripped back, laid back, electronic soul from breathe. (the lowercase b and period are part of the name :drunk:)
it's a 4 track EP.

Breathe’s minimalistic sound consists of exposed drums, prominent bass and smooth vocals, curating a seamless blend of soul and electronic music.

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Tropical fu** Storm's new single is incredible. Funny because I had been loving the original by Liddiard and Rui Pereira on Bong Odyssey, so was great to hear Liddiard re-record it and improve upon it.
for those playing at home...

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cut Copy's new album is pretty good, I think it's a move in the right direction.

What kind of direction? I havn't heard anything from it but I thought their last album was ok.

They probably have not taken off since Ghost Colours like I thought they would.

Aug 6, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
What kind of direction? I havn't heard anything from it but I thought their last album was ok.

They probably have not taken off since Ghost Colours like I thought they would.
A bit more ambient and melancholy, less dance/upbeat 80s pop. Probably getting a bit old for the latter, and it's good to hear them show off their production chops with a more atmospheric album.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
The JK-47 debut is pretty good. Feel like we are so close to having an internationally recognised next-gen hip hop scene, and whilst Paulson veers more conscious boombap his legit, well-schooled talent is world class and might be enough to push this over the edge.

Back