How many of the next five games do you think we will win?

How many victories in the next five games?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As some others have suggested I honestly reckon if we beat GWS this week that we rest a large proportion of the best 22 to spare them the ridiculous travel and scheduling against Richmond.

Itā€™s a good šŸ–• to the VFL who donā€™t get their blockbuster. Jack gets to spend another week at home with Courtney and the boys as do the other older lads with families.

Almost channeling John Todd and his decision to send a colts team from Swan Districts to play Richmond on a Tuesday night in the early 1980s. Foley, Oā€™Neill, Brayshaw and Williams all to debut.

Freshen up the team for the compressed fixture which I think are all winnable games after the Tiges.

Losing Yo is HUGE for us.Coverable at home but a worry away.Duggan could be a while yet.I would first be worried about GWS.Talent doesnt go away.They have been shitcanned from A to B lately and we all know what can happen to good players with their backs to the wall.There were some bad signs last week against the Hawks.Quite a bit of lairising.I hope we are not starting to believe the "Harlem Globetrotters" moniker.
Lets hope we dont take too long to settle up there in shitville.Can we play NN at FF and rest JK?.

Do.You.Understand.How.To.Use.The.Enter.Button.On.Your.Keyboard.Or.Indeed.Just.The.Spacebar?No.Didn't.Think.So.Please.Learn.For.Future.Reference.

As some others have suggested I honestly reckon if we beat GWS this week that we rest a large proportion of the best 22 to spare them the ridiculous travel and scheduling against Richmond.

Itā€™s a good šŸ–• to the VFL who donā€™t get their blockbuster. Jack gets to spend another week at home with Courtney and the boys as do the other older lads with families.

Almost channeling John Todd and his decision to send a colts team from Swan Districts to play Richmond on a Tuesday night in the early 1980s. Foley, Oā€™Neill, Brayshaw and Williams all to debut.

Freshen up the team for the compressed fixture which I think are all winnable games after the Tiges.

Good old John Todd.

Iā€™m not convinced Hutchings is the answer. At the moment, our centre clearances are great as we have set plays that any one of the 3 on ballers can be on the receiving end of Nicā€™s taps keeping the opposition guessing. With Hutch playing a shut down role that is going to reduce one of our strengths.

Plus, being out so long, what is his fitness and already suspect speed going to be like?
I know 2018 was a while back now, but Hutchings shut down role was not playing out of the centre square but shutting down Sidebottom, who regularly set up the Pies play from Half back - wing - half forward.
There are plenty of very damaging outside players that Hutchings could shut down in the following weeks, without playing in the centre bounces.

I know 2018 was a while back now, but Hutchings shut down role was not playing out of the centre square but shutting down Sidebottom, who regularly set up the Pies play from Half back - wing - half forward.
There are plenty of very damaging outside players that Hutchings could shut down in the following weeks, without playing in the centre bounces.

I concur.

Let's play him on de Boer.

Sort of agree but the Richmonds are potentially a top four side and we would be better of beating them .Then there is momentum which is an important factor in sport.Four day break and travel v five day break and settled and familiar with conditions makes it a more even contest and it will be an important contest when it comes up.

- not saying Richmond gets looked after by the AFL,,,, but * the Purple derples fly over and play Richmond four days after their last game at Optus as well.Then Richmond get a 9 day break before they play Geelong coming of a five day break..That is *in ridiculous .

Last edited:

Richmond will be backing up after playing in a sauna, very winnable game and would put some space between us on the ladder.
Go hard I say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The big unknown is the hub because we were god awful last time. I reckon 3.
We'll know soon if it matters or not. If we're hubbing outside of WA for the finals then all we need to do is make the 8 with a healthy squad.
Big difference between being chucked in a hub with no idea when you are going home and your family left at home and sitting there thinking why the f#%^ are we here when its victorias problem?

Bohica!!!

And going for a set time able to bring family.

Need to beat the Tigers. They will be the team we are competing for for that top 4 spot. IF we get through unscathed this week and recover quickly i think we will roll the Tigers. They have injury concerns themselves and are missing some key players.
30 degrees and humid where they'll be playing this weekend. Five day break for them too. If we get through Sunday unscathed injury wise, win or lose, we're definitely a chance.

Richmond will be backing up after playing in a sauna, very winnable game and would put some space between us on the ladder.
Go hard I say.
Actually an 8 point game - no way we take the foot off.

The winner of this could push the other out of the top 4

Realistically no idea how many games we'll win...but they've been there before and are now prepared.
Win Sunday's match and it's game on with Richmond I reckon.
The team has really consolidated and clicked since the previous hub.
It's unlikely they would completely revert to previous form over there again? (but not impossible)
On a personal vendetta level, I want us to beat Port.
But I really want to beat Lions on their own deck first and foremost!!
Yeh, I know it's a fantasy, but I guess we'll know where we're really at after the Tiger's game?
(presuming we win the next game-we need to, to travel with that confidence and points in the bank)

I can't help but feel we are going to lose tomorrow. We are due for a loss and GWS will come out firing after a long break. I think we'll lose to Richmond as well, but then win 4 on the trot after that and hopefully scrape in to the top four

Hopefully Darling's family can make the trek to QLD this time around, he was on the fence about going to the first hub and played like a wet paper bag as a result, we need him fully firing to end the season.

Pretty simple. Id ask if hes going to play like a sook he can stay home. Hes not that important

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Might depend a bit on what time of the day the match is played.
Go Eagles!
ecb776661b47289913b9ca636368cdb8.jpg

Back