Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would like to know from those who time to time (usually after a loss), pot Bevo for the Stringer decision, who’d they replace from today’s 22 for the Stringer 2020 version?

Cmon the bloke has just come off how many weeks injury playing the premiers

How did we go against Richmond?

He was near Essendons best player before the injury and walks into our dysfunctional forward line before Lipinski and probably Cavarra

Cmon the bloke has just come off how many weeks injury playing the premiers

How did we go against Richmond?

He was near Essendons best player before the injury and walks into our dysfunctional forward line before Lipinski and probably Cavarra
Irrespective of what he did to alienate those who make the decisions in the club jakes unceremonious dumping from the club looked to me at the time to have broken him. I still believe that even more so now, the arrogance is just not there anymore.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Irrespective of what he did to alienate those who make the decisions in the club jakes unceremonious dumping from the club looked to me at the time to have broken him. I still believe that even more so now, the arrogance is just not there anymore.

He begged to stay and isn’t happy at the bombers

He dug his own hole but I still think the club could have done more to keep him and turn him around. Many disagree but look back at his 2015 season and the guy was literally better than Bont.

He dug his own hole but I still think the club could have done more to keep him and turn him around. Many disagree but look back at his 2015 season and the guy was literally better than Bont.
Think this is a massive area where the club needs to get better. The talia situation was another that was handled deplorably.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

How do we know he begged to stay? Given some of the comments coming from him and his manager at the time (and his performances towards the end) could’ve fooled me.

Also, 2015 is a long time ago.

The club obviously had its reasons and nothing that’s happened since has shown me any different.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Glaeken Oracle

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Brilliantly written but shocking article about Robbie Muir. Really worth a read.

Holy sh1t. What a read. Brought tears to my eyes. I assume players from all clubs were complicit in the constant taunts. Some of his reactions make sense. I wonder if Collins had said anything to him in that well-known incident, or he just retaliated at the closest player for ongoing abuse. I know they’re easy targets because they’re in the article, but from what I know of Ray Shaw, it’s a pity Muir didn’t rearrange his entire visage for him. Some senior Saints and a list of Cats outed as well.

He’s right that his image and vision has gained profits for the league, broadcaster and numerous compilation producers - you’d think they could find a bit more to help him out. It’s not like he’s begging for cash, he’s asking for help with medical bills FFS.

Would also be interested to know who the author was with the mis-guided title.

But it’s a depressingly sad story, and terrible reflection on society at the time, and sounds like some people, i.e. Coll cheer squad, opponents and various tribunals took it a step further.

Best wishes to Robert Muir, hope he gets some recognition for his ability, and apology for the abuse, and can get the help he needs to live a healthier life. I just don’t know what else to say - that’s just a horrendous story, on a personal and professional level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brilliantly written but shocking article about Robbie Muir. Really worth a read.

Disgusting to hear about this, but not surprised this would only be the tip of the iceberg. Can’t say I’ve heard of him until now, but that’s clearly nothing to do with talent and it is the clubs involved not wanting to recognise what had happened in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back