MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why is the main event only 3 rounds?
The original main event with Holly Holm got cancelled and the Brunson Shabaz fight contract was signed and agreed to on co-main specs.

It happens every once in a while, UFC 234 - Izzy vs Anderson was a 3 round main event due to a cancelled main I believe.

The original main event with Holly Holm got cancelled and the Brunson Shabaz fight contract was signed and agreed to on co-main specs.

It happens every once in a while, UFC 234 - Izzy vs Anderson was a 3 round main event due to a cancelled main I believe.

Yep, Whittaker pulling out morning of the fight with Gastelum.

Fair enough too with the fighters not changing to 5 rounds close to fight week.

Jan 11, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Interesting tactic trying to pull guard when squashed up against the fence by stoliarenko. Wasn’t all that effective but occasionally managed to get her down. Might be one for someone to try against Usman as he loves keeping people up against the fence

Ordinary fight. In the second round the guys looked like they were in a fifth round.
I'm glad Chris got the win, but i can't see him mixing it with too many of the top ranked fighters.

People are floating a Rockhold/Weidman rematch. I think that'd be great for both guys, although I think Rockhold would piece him up.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Silva Weidman trilogy fight? They're both well past it these days. Surely no danger of Silva losing in devastating fashion a 3rd time. The UFC is at a loss for what to do with Silva's last contracted fights so it's not outside the realms of possibility.

Having said that - there's not motivation for Weidman to take that fight, I guess.

I think the Weidman of today - based on that fight would probably lose to Brunson.

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Silva Weidman trilogy fight? They're both well past it these days. Surely no danger of Silva losing in devastating fashion a 3rd time. The UFC is at a loss for what to do with Silva's last contracted fights so it's not outside the realms of possibility.
I don't hate that fight. Probably a decent cash up for both.

How about Till vs Weidman? I think it would suit both fighters. Again, a pretty good cash fight. Both fighters have a good following.
Probably more likely that Weidman will fight one of the lower ranked guys.

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
😐Just noticed this.
"
Tonight’s UFC on ESPN 15 fight card just took a major hit as the scheduled co-main event between Ovince Saint Preux and Alonzo Menifield has been called off.

Saint Preux (24-14 MMA) tested positive and negative for the Coronavirus during fight week, before a positive test this morning ruled out his ability to compete at the event."

Back