Past #23 Buddy Franklin - Thanks Buddy

How long will Buddy play for Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy-Franklin-has-hit-300-games.-Photo-via-Fox-Footys-Facebook-page..jpg

Lance Franklin
Lance Franklin is a giant of the game. The star Sydney Swans forward has played 300 AFL games, won two premierships with Hawthorn, is the seventh-greatest goal-kicker in VFL/AFL history, is one of just five men with eight All Australian blazers and is the most recent player to have kicked 100 goals in a season. The Western Australian is also one of just two players in the game’s history, along with former Swan and Saint Tony Lockett, to have booted 300 goals for two clubs. Franklin was added to a leadership group for the first time in his career ahead of season 2020, joining co-captains Josh Kennedy, Luke Parker and Dane Rampe, as well as Callum Mills. But the 33-year-old, who was named captain of the 2018 All Australian team, has long been considered an exceptional unofficial leader, so great is his impact on Will Hayward, Nick Blakey, Ben Ronke and the rest of Sydney’s young forwards.

Lance Franklin
DOB: 30 January 1987
DEBUT: 2005
DRAFT: #5, 2004 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Dowerin (WA)/Perth (WAFL)/Hawthorn

Last edited by a moderator:

He’s done for 2020

Which is actually ****ing laughable. We are a deadset rabble. Worst list for **** knows how long. And it aint going to get any better any time soon. Time for a review of everything come the end of 2020 and if Pridham and Co can't see that then we will continue to sink further into the mire. This so called rebuild has the foundations of a ****ing Thai made bamboo ****ing scaffold.

Which is actually ****ing laughable. We are a deadset rabble. Worst list for **** knows how long. And it aint going to get any better any time soon. Time for a review of everything come the end of 2020 and if Pridham and Co can't see that then we will continue to sink further into the mire. This so called rebuild has the foundations of a ****ing Thai made bamboo ****ing scaffold.
Dumb move signing on Horse for another 39 seasons.

No point bringing back Bud for 3 or 4 games and risking injury if the season looks done

They have inherited the Buddy deal which is the main culprit of our list issues.
It's on Ireland & Colless & Horse too.
Once we accept that then we can all move on.without being so harsh on Harley & Pridham.
They have their hands tied with the Buddy deal now.

They have inherited the Buddy deal which is the main culprit of our list issues.
It's on Ireland & Colless & Horse too.
Once we accept that then we can all move on.without being so harsh on Harley & Pridham.
They have their hands tied with the Buddy deal now.

Ted you can keep deflecting to this as much as you like and to an extent you have a point but pull your head out of the sand and admit there are other reasons this list is as s**t as any we have had for a long time. If you are not sure tune in today forgetting your Buddy bashing and it will be laid bare for you.

Ted you can keep deflecting to this as much as you like and to an extent you have a point but pull your head out of the sand and admit there are other reasons this list is as sh*t as any we have had for a long time. If you are not sure tune in today forgetting your Buddy bashing and it will be laid bare for you.
No probs Wolfy.
I understand your frustration & I do agree with much of it but as much as it was a fantastic deal to get Bud for 6 years, we have been hamstrung with list decisions because the first contract we've had to work around when looking to sign/keep/recruit wanted players, is the final years of Buddy's contract.
In my opinion only though.

Having said that, I was one of the first ones on here that questioned our selection of 3 ruckmen last week.
Bad, bad, bad team selection last week. What ever our game plan was meant to be last week, against a fleet footed small Bulldogs unit, plan A, B, C & D were rendered useless on selection alone so I hear you mate.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For real though, just get his body right, see if he can get back in the field. If he can just start using his body again and playing properly then he can do anything.

I'm not that worried, but I do think that the odds are against him now.

Back