Player Watch Shane McAdam

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Undoubtedly a best 22 player, along with Stengle it's great to have some excitement in our forward line

Picked up for an absolute bargain price too, considering Gov's current production. Glad to have him

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
???, Himmelburg, McAdam
Stengle, Fogarty, L.McDonald

Much more promising forward line next season.

Not all that confident about Fogarty and Himmelberg being the key pillars there unless they both have pretty huge preseasons and come out a lot better next year than they've been this year.

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Manchester Utd
Still want him to start nailing some set shots.

Used to be a very good set shot in the SANFL, think he's just got some big stage yips.

It's a real shame that this guy entered the AFL as late as he did. Already 26 next year I believe?

He has some serious talent and would be a joy to watch. Finger crossed he stays injury free and has a big PS next year with some (hopefully) decent assistant coaches in the system and can really make the most of the time he's got.

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
What is the alternative

The same old sh*t, basically. Which is basically what you've got there except with McDonald replacing Tex, and Murphy replaced by ???... presumably Davis or still Murphy, unless we bring in somebody better via draft / trade / FA. It may still be an improvement given that there's probably still a fair bit of upside in McAdam and Stengle, and hopefully at least something more to get from the others. But until we fix our midfield and our coaching panel, we'll be struggling to make any significant improvement.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lynch still has a place in our side for the next few years
It's a tricky one. We need someone who can play second ruck.
But if we have McDonald and Fogarty going forward it's too tall to have those two, Lynch and another tall forward who rucks up there.
I'd rather we trade Lynch at this point and play Fogarty in his role.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
It's a tricky one. We need someone who can play second ruck.
But if we have McDonald and Fogarty going forward it's too tall to have those two, Lynch and another tall forward who rucks up there.
I'd rather we trade Lynch at this point and play Fogarty in his role.
Fogarty is totally incapable of playing Lynch's role, surely you can see that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Used to be a very good set shot in the SANFL, think he's just got some big stage yips.

It's a real shame that this guy entered the AFL as late as he did. Already 26 next year I believe?

He has some serious talent and would be a joy to watch. Finger crossed he stays injury free and has a big PS next year with some (hopefully) decent assistant coaches in the system and can really make the most of the time he's got.
I reckon it might be more fitness related. We're pushing him up and down the ground a lot more, hard to kick goals when you've got nothing in the legs.

Fogarty is totally incapable of playing Lynch's role, surely you can see that?

Good. We should well and truly be getting rid of the Lynch role. Lost all benefit about 2 years ago when we lost McGovern and is truly just us valuing a stat sheet over actual benefit now.

Play Lynch as a CHF, or get rid of him.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Good. We should well and truly be getting rid of the Lynch role. Lost all benefit about 2 years ago when we lost McGovern and is truly just us valuing a stat sheet over actual benefit now.

You're a broken record re Lynch....You don't rate him fair enough but it's pretty obvious somebody rates him.

spexau

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I feel like his skills let him down. Needs a big year of goal kicking practice!

EDIT: That was a more negative post then I intended it to be, meant to say "His skills are the only thing letting him down right now"
His field play skills are quite good. Kicks to a lead well. It's really just hit set shots and that looks to be more of a mental thing for him.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
His field play skills are quite good. Kicks to a lead well. It's really just hit set shots and that looks to be more of a mental thing for him.
Here's to hoping. Cause his bag of trick's looks pretty special. If he could fine tune that between now and next season he could be a very handy forward!

Does Lynch even play the Lynch role any more? Haven't seen him get inside 50 and on the scoreboard in a while

Does Lynch even play the Lynch role any more? Haven't seen him get inside 50 and on the scoreboard in a while

Yup, except this it the Lynch role when we're losing and really struggling with ball movement version, which means he's on the wings and d50 more. Nullifying his true strengths.

I didn't mind us using him at half back when we did briefly, though I was left questioning why seeing that's a spot you want to be developing kids in.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Getting back to Shane, he has shown in patches what he is capable of. This off season he needs to work on his set shots and working on how he can get involved in the game for longer spells. He has great pace, a huge leap and is a great tackler..get the set shot routine corrected and the whole of game workrate right up and he has the tools to be a very good player heading forward as we are building the team

Getting back to Shane, he has shown in patches what he is capable of. This off season he needs to work on his set shots and working on how he can get involved in the game for longer spells. He has great pace, a huge leap and is a great tackler..get the set shot routine corrected and the whole of game workrate right up and he has the tools to be a very good player heading forward as we are building the team

Getting involved for longer stretches is probably not going to happen regardless what Shane does. After all we're going to be garbage next year and he's a small forward. Neither mesh well for consistency.

He does need to clean up his set shots though. He'd probably win our leading goal kicker if he did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back