MVP Coaches Votes 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with the coaches that Gunston was BOG. Anyone know who we were trying to play on him? I found it hard to tell. Was it Weiters? Plowman? Jones?

ROUND 12

CARLTON v FREMANTLE

10 - Ed Curnow (CARL)
7 -
Luke Ryan (FRE)
5 - Matt Taberner (FRE)
3 - Nat Fyfe (FRE)
3 - Patrick Cripps (CARL)
2 - Sam Walsh (CARL)
So one of the coaches gave Taberner 4 votes - reckon it was Teague for the gift at the end 😁

ROUND 13

CARLTON v GOLD COAST

Perfect 10 for Murph ...

10 Marc Murphy (CARL)
4 Sam Walsh (CARL)
4 Jack Martin (CARL)
3 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
3 Liam Jones (CARL)
2 Harry McKay (CARL)
2 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
1 Michael Gibbons (CARL)
1 Jack Newnes (CARL)
Onya Murph

Great to see if he can keep that level for the rest of the year he'll get a contract easily as no-one seems to have upped their level to push him out. Though pretty challenging to do so with just scratch games.

Such nice skills with slippery ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only one Carlton player gets minor votes, and a second year player at that. Walshy was very deserving of those Coach's Votes. It's an indication of how badly the rest of our team had an "off" day. They looked spent after half time, despite having 9 days rest between games. I could not believe how "The Filth" just ran us off our legs in the second half without any fight by our players. Have the other coach's worked Teague's game plan out? He needs a Plan B to overcome this in future games.

I had Walsh as my Carlton BOG so that bears out with the votes. Must say for a game that was alive for so long, getting 2 votes out of 30 seems a little lopsided.

I had Walsh as my Carlton BOG so that bears out with the votes. Must say for a game that was alive for so long, getting 2 votes out of 30 seems a little lopsided.
Yet I agree completely with the how lopsided it is, I even think Daicos was unlucky to not get votes. They had 7 of the best 8 players on the field, mainly because they put in a good 4 quarter game, Walsh and maybe 2 others did for Carlton.

Well, we didn't kick a goal in the second half and got done by 4.
Completely understandable.

Still, Curnow and Setterfield were equally as good as Walshy.

You won't see many 4 goal margins where the winner gets that many votes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back