Player Watch Shane McAdam

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Getting involved for longer stretches is probably not going to happen regardless what Shane does. After all we're going to be garbage next year and he's a small forward. Neither mesh well for consistency.

He does need to clean up his set shots though. He'd probably win our leading goal kicker if he did.
I think if he plays off half forward next year - he would want to improve his tank so he can get up the ground more and get back in a hurry for longer spells. It could be a big help to the team if he can do that

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Given we gave up MM and pick 40 to get pick 13, Shane Mcadam and a future 5th rounder... man, we are killing that trade!..

Mitch can barely get on the field and when he does.. he does four fifths of * all..

At this point even if we hadve done a straight swap of MM for McAdam we’d be on top.

McAdam playing in the current Carlton side would be providing a shitload more than McNuggets is..

if I was a Blues fan I’d be pretty pissed about that trade right about now..

McAdam is just getting better and better each week.

any more word yet on his injury?...

spexau

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Given we gave up MM and pick 40 to get pick 13, Shane Mcadam and a future 5th rounder... man, we are killing that trade!..

Mitch can barely get on the field and when he does.. he does four fifths of fu** all..

At this point even if we hadve done a straight swap of MM for McAdam we’d be on top.

McAdam playing in the current Carlton side would be providing a shitload more than McNuggets is..

if I was a Blues fan I’d be pretty pissed about that trade right about now..

McAdam is just getting better and better each week.

any more word yet on his injury?...
They think it was just a knock but hes having scans today

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just needs to work on his goal kicking, strength and fitness. If he can become superfit it will allow him to keep the ball locked in our forward line and use his skill and pace more often. Really good signs from him this year.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
They think it was just a knock but hes having scans today
good to see “just a knock” is now confirmed!.. i want to see this lad play every game left this season..

he’s got massive x-factor imo and is only gonna get better the more he plays.

his only issue has been his set shot goal kicking but i think thats just been nerves not allowing him to settle. he’ll get over that though.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Just curious, and not that it would ever happen, but would Crows supporters take Mitch McGovern back, even if he came at a reasonable price?
A big N.O. from me, he shat on us from a great height once, ain't happening again.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Just curious, and not that it would ever happen, but would Crows supporters take Mitch McGovern back, even if he came at a reasonable price?
I would

Both him and us have made grotesquely misguided choices from 2017 onwards that have led to history/career worst situations for both parties respectively. Also Douglas chimed in with his 'experience' in Mitch's case.

Midnight Oil had it wrong. The hardest years, the darkest, the fallen, desperate and divided years... These should be forgotten years. Write them off.

Mulligans

I would

Both him and us have made grotesquely misguided choices from 2017 onwards that have led to history/career worst situations for both parties respectively. Also Douglas chimed in with his 'experience' in Mitch's case.

Midnight Oil had it wrong. The hardest years, the darkest, the fallen, desperate and divided years... These should be forgotten years. Write them off.

Mulligans

I'd take Lever back before McGovern.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
I'd take Lever back before McGovern.
Really? We've got Doedee and Butts for Lever's position

We've sorely missed someone who can crash a pack and provide some speed in our forward half. We're a group of plodding snails alongside a couple of high flying smalls

So have Carlton though haha. No idea what's gone wrong with McGovern since leaving but he's been a fat slobby nothing for them. But it's idle talk anyway. Would never happen

douglyzia

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
4dfqa7.jpg

Apr 1, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kilkenny Cats, WWT Eagles
No from me. Would have to do a massive amount of work on his fitness to even be considered. Has talent but so do heaps of guys in amateur league.

Probably would never have become an AFL player except for his name and we selected him and gave him a shot.

And look where that got us*.

*Best thing ever was trading him for maximum value

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pick of the new bunch of lads for me. His marking is a real feature and equally lethal at ground level. Also love his tackling pressure. He just needs to be more calm at kicking goals.

If he can pick up his fitness level, then I can see him surpassing McGoverns output. Which is a pretty good bargain considering the trade!

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I would

Mulligans
Too much bathwater has gone under the bridge now, but his next contract wont be anywhere near the size of this one. If you got him right and played him up there after Tex retires it couldve worked.

Rather Cameron back, and I reckon the club would too

Back