Memberships 2020 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 48,775)

Oct 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
Anyone not already got a ticket should jump on. The club needs cash at the moment.
I bought two books of tickets and even gave a donation of $20 but I got a call back from the club saying it isn't for WA residents so I could leave the whole $220 as a donation or get a refund haha.

I bought two books of tickets and even gave a donation of $20 but I got a call back from the club saying it isn't for WA residents so I could leave the whole $220 as a donation or get a refund haha.
Gee mighty sainters......that's a strange one....I've always assumed that the raffle was an Australian wide thing as a fair % of our members are outside Melb/Vict.

Good on you for at least the thought of buying 2 books.

Also.......when I was on the blower to the membership dept this morning.........I was told the actual draw date may be extended by a week or two due to the logistics of collating all the returned tic butts with RSEA basically being closed.

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
In a best case scenario world, I wonder what the club would be aiming for next year membership wise. If we can make finals and carry some momentum into next year, you’d think they’d want at least 55. Is 60 out of reach?

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
No. Look at the Pies. There around the 8. They’d have 70 easy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We're not the same club as Collingwood and while I think with sustained on field success and good administration, we could get to a huge number in a few years down the track, we're not going to go from 50 to 70+ in one year.

Current Membership Tally (24/08/2020):

This Time Last Year (31/07/2019):

Difference:
+5,454

All-Time Tally;

1. 48,364 (2020)
2. 45,678 (2018)
3. 42,910 (2019)
4. 42,094 (2017)
5. 39,276 (2011)

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
In a best case scenario world, I wonder what the club would be aiming for next year membership wise. If we can make finals and carry some momentum into next year, you’d think they’d want at least 55. Is 60 out of reach?
Really gets down to covid. As much as many of us will continue to donate also many won’t. This isn’t just our club. It will be every club well maybe not wce because I think they have a waiting list. No covid and a winning final I’d say 50 to 55k which would be fantastic. Covid and god knows. Could be as low as 35k.

Gosaints12

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ferrari
We're not the same club as Collingwood and while I think with sustained on field success and good administration, we could get to a huge number in a few years down the track, we're not going to go from 50 to 70+ in one year.

No. That’s not my point. Sorry if it came across that way. That could be a goal for 2022. In just saying that with sustained success we should hit 55-60 next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mar 2, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
I’m in SA same thing happened to me, gave the money to the club and got a $30 voucher so I’m pretty happy to help out wasnt $220 though so I be a little bit more annoyed

Really gets down to covid. As much as many of us will continue to donate also many won’t. This isn’t just our club. It will be every club well maybe not wce because I think they have a waiting list. No covid and a winning final I’d say 50 to 55k which would be fantastic. Covid and god knows. Could be as low as 35k.

Yes, if people can't attend, it's going to be hard to sell memberships.

Glorious One

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Current Membership Tally (24/08/2020):

This Time Last Year (31/07/2019):

Difference:
+5,454

All-Time Tally;

1. 48,364 (2020)
2. 45,678 (2018)
3. 42,910 (2019)
4. 42,094 (2017)
5. 39,276 (2011)
Let's be honest, this is a feel good number, it should not be held up as a real figure now or in the future unless they sell $50 memberships next year to everyone.

Let's be honest, this is a feel good number, it should not be held up as a real figure now or in the future unless they sell $50 memberships next year to everyone.
I don't know what you mean. Anything $50 or over has been tallied as a membership for several years. Not a feel good number at all. A genuine record.

I suspect a fair percent of people who donated cash and were converted into membership numbers are members already . So based on that we don’t actually have 48000 members . Still we were on target for 50k at the start of the season so hopefully can improve on that next year again .
No that would just add on to their existing membership had they have pledged it.

It's not surprising really, given what has been coming out of the club. They said every membership was retained, and we had 43,000 last year. Plus the $200,000 we have raised through the pledge campaign.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
No that would just add on to their existing membership had they have pledged it.

It's not surprising really, given what has been coming out of the club. They said every membership was retained, and we had 43,000 last year. Plus the $200,000 we have raised through the pledge campaign.
Yes but let’s be honest. A lot just said their wife or kid to add to the numbers. They may join next year but most likely won’t. We really do need full crowds next year. The problem is we won’t know for months after memberships open. And this isn’t just our club. It’s every club.

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yes but let’s be honest. A lot just said their wife or kid to add to the numbers. They may join next year but most likely won’t. We really do need full crowds next year. The problem is we won’t know for months after memberships open. And this isn’t just our club. It’s every club.
It’ll be really interesting. That memberships open months before we’ll know about crowds could go either way.

And I signed up 2 free memberships that won't renew once they have to be paid for.

How did people get free memberships? Missed that one. SEN?

They were sign a membership up on a day and you don't pay for them as long as they haven't been previous members. It's roll over thing though, they are on my credit card so if I forget I'm up for a big hit.

Yeah I signed up 4 of the $50 donations which i wont be next year

I didn't realise I could do that or I would have when donating. I might sign my dog up to a 3 game membership just for bolstering numbers next year.

I didn't realise I could do that or I would have when donating. I might sign my dog up to a 3 game membership just for bolstering numbers next year.
I thought every $50 donation was classed as a membership

I sign the dog up every year $30 ? get a little plaque saying Lenny is a Saint

I thought every $50 donation was classed as a membership

I sign the dog up every year $30 ? get a little plaque saying Lenny is a Saint

We have a cat called Lenny, popular pet name for Saints supporters. Our dog got the food mat thing last year with my name on it. The kids thought that was pretty funny. The pet membership I don't think counts to total numbers so Ill bump up her membership to a 3 game. The cat can fend for itself.

Back