Will the AFL try and re-locate us during Covid or after Covid?

JohnRhys

Debutant
Aug 24, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Hi All

Long time reader of this forum , I decided to finally join up yesterday as I had a pressing worry I wanted to discuss with fellow NMFC supporters/members.

I’m sure we are all sick of this topic ( and I apologize for bringing it up ) as am I, but I need to bring it up with you , I am concerned the AFL after we come back to some normal when this COVID stuff finally ends or even during this COVID crisis will try and finally re-locate us, this time to Tasmania.

My questions and worries , what are the chances of this happening ? is our club doomed ? are we fighting a losing battle ?

I don’t know why the AFL has a bee in their bonnet over 9 Melbourne clubs , what’s the difference between 9 and 8 ?

Personally I would never support a relocated NMFC , for me once we lose NM we lose it all, I would stop following the game , or casually support the Gold Coast Suns for the reason that the sport could use some support in Rugby League territory. FYI I never would have supported a NMFC re-location to Gold Coast as it would have been a fake club , I have a bit more respect for the Suns who are a start up club , please note the difference there in what I’m saying.

I hope if it came to the AFL trying this again, that we would be up for an even bigger fight/resistance then last time.

I look forward to engaging with you on all matters NMFC and football, seems like a really good forum.

Warm Regards everyone

John R.

JohnRhys

Debutant
Aug 24, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
So i see some people are quick to judge , i have a worry so i must be a troll, i am not a troll , i am a life long NMFC supporter and member.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
So i see some people are quick to judge , i have a worry so i must be a troll, i am not a troll , i am a life long NMFC supporter and member.

This discussion has literally been flogged to death.

If you're interested and genuine, then just utilise the search engine, and familiarise yourself with the facts.

Fact 1: The AFL cannot relocate the NMFC.
Fact 2: The entire premise for your thread falls over at this point.
Fact 3: Your thread is a time wasting, pointless distraction.
Fact 4: You're lucky the moderators around here don't ban anyone except me.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The AFL has no control over the future of North Melbourne. North is owned by the members and controlled by the board. Unless the members want North to move it won’t happen. It’s that simple.

JohnRhys

Debutant
Aug 24, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Consider this topic mute if i am been accused of been a troll , i just wanted to express my concern for the future of the club and make sure we sign up as members.

First NMFC game i attended was Round 22 1999 North beat Collingwood at the MCG 113-100 Scotty Welsh was good that day and The King kicked a few to give us the win late , Collingwood were dogged all day and wouldn't go away, I doubt a troll would remember that.

JohnRhys

Debutant
Aug 24, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
How can one be accused of been a troll , when they have just joined , i didnt know the inner workings of the club and wanted to clarify my worries , do i at least get a chance to prove myself ?

I'd like to participate in the forum but i am been shouted down for expressing a worry , so fine delete the thread, i am sorry , i will try and contribute to the forum but i've just joined and calls of ban him are not exactly the hallmarks of a great forum.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How can one be accused of been a troll , when they have just joined , i didnt know the inner workings of the club and wanted to clarify my worries , do i at least get a chance to prove myself ?

I'd like to participate in the forum but i am been shouted down for expressing a worry , so fine delete the thread, i am sorry , i will try and contribute to the forum but i've just joined and calls of ban him are not exactly the hallmarks of a great forum.
Mate, think about it. No having a go at you, but ya can’t join the forum and start a doomsday thread, it looks completely suss.
in fact I was under the impression you needed a certain amount of posts before you could actually “start” a thread.
We ain’t being located, that’s pretty ridiculous anyway.
There‘s plenty of convos to get involved in, maybe start there.

JohnRhys

Debutant
Aug 24, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Ok , thank you for the heads up , I am not a user of many forums and didn’t realise there was a type of norms to abide by , I’m a bit dull in that respect.

Given a chance I will contribute in a more positive way , again I am deeply sorry for any offence caused.

But please give me a chance to at least prove myself in been a positive user of this forum as the passion there seems to be on here is impressive for the game.

1598309371794.png

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

The poster doth protest too much, methinks.

However, your status as a either a troll or non-troll is irrelevant as you question has been swiftly answered. The AFL has no power to relocate NMFC anywhere. The only way NMFC can relocate is if they want to and can convince its members that its the right move. To re-semi-quote Shakespeare:

NMFC at all times are masters of their fates.

Last edited:
Consider this topic mute if i am been accused of been a troll , i just wanted to express my concern for the future of the club and make sure we sign up as members.

First NMFC game i attended was Round 22 1999 North beat Collingwood at the MCG 113-100 Scotty Welsh was good that day and The King kicked a few to give us the win late , Collingwood were dogged all day and wouldn't go away, I doubt a troll would remember that.

🤣 I would have thought it was “moot”. However, since mute=dumb, then maybe, we should go with mute.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Scotty kicked 4 second half goals to save our skin that day. Looked like we were going to lose for most of the game and we could have slipped into an awkward ladder position But we found a way to win as good teams usually do.
Oh, and we’re not relocating anywhere.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Hi JR, welcome.

No-one trusts the AFL to do anything except protect their own self-interest. But they couldn't do it when things were much worse for the NMFC, so that ship has sailed.

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This thread is why i was too scared to ask a single question for ages when i joined up. Also this site is really bloody confusing at first , why can't people just not answer the new poster if theyre tired of a subject? People jump all over a new poster yet we still argue contantly over josh fecking Kelly?
The dude started a thread with a clear title

Edit, tas don't want us so we won't go there and the afl can't afford to relocate a team for a long time to come, i think I'm more worried about the afl neglecting the small clubs more than ever in the future but north will survive through stubborness and cost saving measures - such as stealing the tigers toilet paper and hand soap

JohnRhys

Debutant
Aug 24, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Kangaroo Cat , i was a bit taken aback at the hostility and anger from some users , Who would have thought starting a topic on a forum would have people turn against you , how dare i ? how dare i think that on a forum anything can be discussed in the country of Australia.

Clearly some people in need of mental health experts out there . use them please people!

Back