AFL Club
North Melbourne
Let’s hope Perez gets a taste. See what he’s like the last few weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Despite a 9 day break, Goldy looks in need of a rest, Xerri looked sore too, in Maj or Campbell, Mahony injured ? deserves a rest too.

Agree. Maj and Campbell in for xerri and Goldy next week. I know Goldy is fit but there is no use running a 32 year old ruckman into the ground when you have good cover.

Mahoney a rest for Pittard or polec I guess.

We are running out of players.

Wood for Brown if he’s right. Maybe Durdin fwd?

What happens if we can’t field a 22 in the final round?

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
Out: Williams, Wood, Xerri, Ahern
Ins: Polec, Daw, Crocker, Hall

FB:EVW Mckay Daw
CHB:Atley Tarrant Mcdonald
C:Higgins Dumont Scott
R:Goldstein, LDU, Simpkin
HFF: Zurhaar, Walker, Anderson
FF: Mahony Larkey, Hosie
Int: Murphy, Crocker, Hall, Polec

If we were to rest Goldy I'd keep Xerri in to play a full game in ruck. The rest of the changes are so hard, we're actually scraping the barrel and if Mahony is out injured then its even harder. Can this season end please!

Our inability to hit targets all over the ground is a real concern.

Of course we all agree on this. However, some of Higgins’ “outlandish” disposals last night leads me to believe that the issue has more to do with losing control of the game and pressure/confidence. Overall, I reckon our disposal will improve once everything else starts to fall into place - which it should, based on how our youngsters are improving and the return of Cunners, BBB, etc.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Of course we all agree on this. However, some of Higgins’ “outlandish” disposals last night leads me to believe that the issue has more to do with losing control of the game and pressure/confidence. Overall, I reckon our disposal will improve once everything else starts to fall into place - which it should, based on how our youngsters are improving and the return of Cunners, BBB, etc.

We have been "waiting for it to happen" since we had a young Petrie and Wells. I think we are in strife unless we can get a much higher standard of minimum skills. It is not like Collingwood put us under immense pressure or were playing very well themselves. What we put on show was diabolical and our coach thought we played well. I hope he is lying because if he has the beer goggles on that bad then nothing much is going to change from the last two decades.

We have been "waiting for it to happen" since we had a young Petrie and Wells. I think we are in strife unless we can get a much higher standard of minimum skills. It is not like Collingwood put us under immense pressure or were playing very well themselves. What we put on show was diabolical and our coach thought we played well. I hope he is lying because if he has the beer goggles on that bad then nothing much is going to change from the last two decades.

Fair enough. However, Higgins is one of the best kicks in the competition and, looking at some of his disposals last night, you’d reckon he was a rugby convert. Even the pro-Collingwood commentary team were speechless at one particular effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back