Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

They didn’t even portray Tony as an alcoholic, they babied the universe. People didn’t care because they had no preexisting relationship. Which is fine people bought it, but it's also why they'll never achieve anything truly great unlike DC films which adopt adult concepts. Joker also out performs any Marvel film by a veritable mile, and Watchmen is a better ensemble than any Avengers.

So you missed Tony in Iron Man 2?

No they didn’t do THAT storyline but that doesn’t change anything.

So you are a DC fan boy? Didn’t think we would have that garbage here marvel vs dc garbage here.

Saying they can’t do a proper Justice League with Batman or ensemble flick is ridiculous.

Thought that when I first saw it - one action scene too long. In retrospect they shouldn’t have tried to tie up Harvey’s arc in the film.

Admittedly holds up very well to repeat viewings.

The final scene with Batman, Gordon and Harvey is one of the best.

The final scene with Batman, Gordon and Harvey is one of the best.
It could have waited for another film. From what I understand that might at one point have been the plan.

It’s a great film, but I think they crammed a bit too much in. Would have saved some of Harvey for a third film.

I think Nolan got spooked by the idea of going past three films because there are so many trilogies with bad conclusions and series that just went too long. There was enough juice to have a fourth film.

As it stands Batman is really only Batman for about a year with a cameo after an eight year hiatus. Doesn’t seem quite right.

It could have waited for another film. From what I understand that might at one point have been the plan.

It’s a great film, but I think they crammed a bit too much in. Would have saved some of Harvey for a third film.

I think Nolan got spooked by the idea of going past three films because there are so many trilogies with bad conclusions and series that just went too long. There was enough juice to have a fourth film.

As it stands Batman is really only Batman for about a year with a cameo after an eight year hiatus. Doesn’t seem quite right.

IMO having to wait for another film after the build up of "die a hero or live long enough to become the villain", and Batman taking the fall for Harvey wouldn't have felt right. The decision to wrap up Harvey's storyline was probably under the assumption that the Joker was to be the main threat again in the 3rd, but they weren't to know that Heath Ledger was going to pass away. I agree that a 4th would have been easily doable otherwise - with Harvey as the villain in the 3rd, then Joker as the final threat in the 4th.

Yes aside from Alfred/Gordon there’s little else to link the first two films to them. Tonally they’re significantly different. Happy to just ignore the later two and focus on a Batman Beyond style Keaton Batman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently they confirmed Ezra Millers Flash decides to take the name on after meeting Grant Gustins flash in the Crisis cameo. Hopefully this means Gustin can cameo in the movie. That would be awesome.
This could be the start of something nice for the future. Cameos in DC movies. For example, batman is gonna feature Keaton yes? Like how marvel integrated stan lee into its movies, this could be DCs trademark.

So you are a DC fan boy? Didn’t think we would have that garbage here marvel vs dc garbage here.

Saying they can’t do a proper Justice League with Batman or ensemble flick is ridiculous.

With michael rooker in SS, we got more DC/Marvel resource sharing.

This could be the start of something nice for the future. Cameos in DC movies. For example, batman is gonna feature Keaton yes? Like how marvel integrated stan lee into its movies, this could be DCs trademark.

If they are smart they will do as its basically cross promotion and the fans will love it. They seem to be quite invested in this multiverse path now so it would make sense from that point too.

Iron man 2 pussy footed. He got drunk, it wasn’t Demon in a Bottle.

I couldn’t care less about fan boying, I don’t like Disney putting content restrictions on story’s. Because of that has more pathos which allows for a greater scope of story telling. If Marvel wasnt at Disney maybe it could investigate some of the more interesting story lines. But that won’t ever happen.

As for a live action Justice league being a great film, they are 0-2 likely to be 0-3 with the Snyder cut. They won’t pull it off in this DCU. You’d need to restart the entire universe and have people care.

The more I think about this bat family series or batverse that Reeves is starting the more I like it. It seems grounded but still comic bookish. You could easily do stories like Arkham Asylum etc just from what we have seen so far. Massive rogues gallery and plus add in dick grayson becoming nightwing, jason todd, barbara gordon bat girl etc etc. There is so much material and characters to use that its definitely feasible to have a series of connected movies from it. Throw in a few Batman cameos for the lesser known characters solo films and you are set. Really hope they end up doing this

Thread confuses me with every second or third post being about non-DCEU. The Batman 2021 should have its own thread.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back