2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Impact massively as a forward" for Lycett is a bit generous IMO, but he was certainly competent.

Thing about Bailey, is with JK probably signing on, and the continued emergence or Oscar and Waterman, what changes in 2021 exactly? Nada.

Team is going to be in the exact same situation it is in right now. With Bailey needing games and no spot for him.

How things might have been different if we rolled out Bailey in round 1 alongside Nicnat instead of Hickey.

I fear unless we start playing Oscar as a permanent forward Bailey will continue to miss.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
"Impact massively as a forward" for Lycett is a bit generous IMO, but he was certainly competent.

Thing about Bailey, is with JK probably signing on, and the continued emergence or Oscar and Waterman, what changes in 2021 exactly? Nada.

Team is going to be in the exact same situation it is in right now. With Bailey needing games and no spot for him.

How things might have been different if we rolled out Bailey in round 1 alongside Nicnat instead of Hickey.

I fear unless we start playing Oscar as a permanent forward Bailey will continue to miss.
Oscar might need a rest soon and Waterman is out for a few games. Give the pale ranga a crack Wohpol

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
XON looked like he got a heap of it.

Get him in for Anoos
517E5043-5279-4C62-A53E-9295571F00D5.jpeg

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

Oscar has been a bit quiet the last two weeks. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s him that makes way for Williams and then comes in when JK gets a rest.

Gives Williams two games potentially more if JD needs a break too.

Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

I know it was a long time ago, but Bailey had a hamstring strain in the last week of preseason, which is why he wasn’t selected Rd 1

I know it was a long time ago, but Bailey had a hamstring strain in the last week of preseason, which is why he wasn’t selected Rd 1

I know, i remember. He was pushing to become available for round 1 selection but the club played it safe.

He was also fully fit and available when the club elected to play Hickey instead of him in round 4.

Hickey put up 4 disposals and 6 hitouts.

Anyone have access to The West? headline about dropping the wafl side?

Cliffs:
- Due to football department spending being slashed next year, it’s looking increasingly likely that West Coast will abandon the standalone reserves and revert to the old model of spreading players across all WAFL teams.
- Or they could continue the current arrangement of using informal scratch matches.
-Aligning with an existing club is seen as unlikely as it hasn’t worked well in the past, and a recent constitution change at Perth (the most obvious partner) makes it difficult to enter an arrangement with them.

It’d be extremely disappointing if we’re forced to ditch our reserves team, which is clearly the best model, because of league-wide cuts designed to support teams who are in a much more parlous financial position than us. Especially if those clubs are still able to field their own teams in the newly expanded VFL, which will now include teams from the NEAFL so will encompass 14 of the 18 AFL sides.

I‘m sure this apparent disadvantage to us, Freo and the SA teams will just be one of those unfortunate things that nothing can be done about, though.

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Cliffs:
- Due to football department spending being slashed next year, it’s looking increasingly likely that West Coast will abandon the standalone reserves and revert to the old model of spreading players across all WAFL teams.
- Or they could continue the current arrangement of using informal scratch matches.
-Aligning with an existing club is seen as unlikely as it hasn’t worked well in the past, and a recent constitution change at Perth (the most obvious partner) makes it difficult to enter an arrangement with them.

It’d be extremely disappointing if we’re forced to ditch our reserves team, which is clearly the best model, because of league-wide cuts designed to support teams who are in a much more parlous financial position than us. Especially if those clubs are still able to field their own teams in the newly expanded VFL, which will now include teams from the NEAFL so will encompass 14 of the 18 AFL sides.

I‘m sure this apparent disadvantage to us, Freo and the SA teams will just be one of those unfortunate things that nothing can be done about, though.

Best of both worlds, don't have to read it but understand it now, thanks.

Would be frustrating to go back to having players across all clubs. I'm convinced that hampered the development of a few players, McDougall* would have been a star if he didn't have to be stuck at Perth.

*random player who I wish would have come good

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Cliffs:

We won Flags with the old model, it will have very little impact on our future players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back