Insightful Media Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

99,509 members. Pretty impressive.
I’ve got a Richmond mate who reckons his club is the biggest club in Australia as a result of having the most members. They just got to 100k members and apparently they are in a race with the Eagles to see who is the biggest club in Australia. Let it be West Coast.

On GF day in 2018, my Collingwood friend could not believe the blue and yellow hordes that were streaming into the MCG with us. She said 'Where did they all come from?!'.

I just smiled and said 'We're f*****g massive'

Reminds me of the Prelim final coverage in 2018. Brayshaw going into detail about how we have by far the most money in football and a huge member count, and Richo just super bewildered goes “wow...is that right?”

Turns out it’s very easy to convince yourself you’re the biggest club in the world when you only check your postcode.

I’ve got a Richmond mate who reckons his club is the biggest club in Australia as a result of having the most members. They just got to 100k members and apparently they are in a race with the Eagles to see who is the biggest club in Australia. Let it be West Coast.
The real number you don't see is full seated memberships. We would leave Richmond for dead on that count. Even though our seated memberships cost more.

In terms of Home game attendance we're third behind Tigers and Magpies - however both of them are likely to get a lot more opposition supporters inflating their numbers. If we had a 70k stadium, there's a good chance our average Home game attendance would be the biggest anyway.

Club membership tallies should only include the full season ticket 11 home games category. Everything else are just theatre goers.
Both numbers are valid. But agree, the an 11 game equivalent tally matters most.

But if we have 44,000 non seated members paying $50 each, that's still an extra $2.2mil revenue.

The real number you don't see is full seated memberships. We would leave Richmond for dead on that count. Even though our seated memberships cost more.

In terms of Home game attendance we're third behind Tigers and Magpies - however both of them are likely to get a lot more opposition supporters inflating their numbers. If we had a 70k stadium, there's a good chance our average Home game attendance would be the biggest anyway.
The number of members means nothing, it is the membership revenue that is important. This goes directly to the club and is the easiest way for the club to generate revenue.

I suspect we are head and shoulders above most other clubs, due to our high number of season members. Wouldn't surprise me if Adelaide was second.

Club membership tallies should only include the full season ticket 11 home games category. Everything else are just theatre goers.

What about my 21 year Victorian Cheer Squad membership? Plus trips every year to at least two interstate games outside of Victoria. Am I just a theatre goer?

What about my 21 year Victorian Cheer Squad membership? Plus trips every year to at least two interstate games outside of Victoria. Am I just a theatre goer?

Nah, you're slightly above theatre-goer. You've ascended to the status of servile pleb. Another interstate game or two and you'll be upgraded to meager peon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both numbers are valid. But agree, the an 11 game equivalent tally matters most.

But if we have 44,000 non seated members paying $50 each, that's still an extra $2.2mil revenue.
I once had a 3 game Swans membership - cheaper than the srandard entry, got a free cap and free public transport. Great sitting with members wearing a members cap bagging out the swans

We have such a great supporter base in Victoria. I am always amazed at, and grateful for, how much noise you guys make when we play over there.
I went to the Hawks vs Eagles game at docklands in 2018 and sat near the Eagles cheersquad. They absolutely brutalised the Hawks players, way louder than our home squad.

I went to the Hawks vs Eagles game at docklands in 2018 and sat near the Eagles cheersquad. They absolutely brutalised the Hawks players, way louder than our home squad.
Small world, was lucky enough to have traveled for that one and sat down there. Was a pretty good contest topped of with the shocked masto goal to that end.

Nah, you're slightly above theatre-goer. You've ascended to the status of servile pleb. Another interstate game or two and you'll be upgraded to meager peon.
Plenty of us West Coast members and supporters in NSW. I’ve seen 4 other fans here in Maroubra in the last couple of weeks. I’d been a seated member of the Eagles since 1988 until 2002 when I moved to Sydney. I’d be lucky to see one game in Sydney each year and would normally have to travel down to Melbourne to see games. Plus I was the Eagles member of the round a few years back at Subi so I reckon I’m higher than a peon. I’m still a proud member.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back