Preview Round 14: Hawthorne vs Essendon, Adelaide Oval, Thursday 27/08/2020 @ 4:40 AEST

Who shall have more points by full time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M

2 goals...was scoreless up til HT ...and got one in last when he game was over. His bunny...feeds him lettuce
Managing Draper is OK, Phillips and/or Crawford will be serviceable. We are going nowhere this season, much more important to have everyone fit and healthy for next year.
we have gone nowhere for 20 years might as well keep up the good work
Every year its the same. Get excited for footy then the reality hits and you wish it was over.

Is Hooker now really as good as he was then though?
Hawkins is having one of his best years. Currently leading the Coleman (and I believe he'll win it).

I fully expect Hawkins to dominate Hooker given the output of both players this year.

I've got 5 pounds that says Hawkins won't get a kick against Chook on Thursday :moustache:

I'm going to say if that glass is half-full, it means that 7.5 previous glasses of a nice scotch have already been consumed to get to this point of view haha.
We've been non-competitive against teams like St. Kilda, Bulldogs and Brisbane (I'm happy to call Richmond competitive).
We've also snuck by teams like Adelaide, North, Fremantle and Sydney (albeit that's going back quite some time).

I just can't see how welcoming back potentially a couple of guys from long term injuries gives us a realistic chance at Geelong, Port and West Coast. Particularly West Coast and Geelong - their game styles will destroy us, regardless of who is out there.
I'm of the view that the umpiring in the first halves of the Brisbane and Bulldogs games had a ridiculous impact on the results. Brisbane in particular where Hurley only had to pretend to make body contact (front on) to have a free kick paid against him. Impossible to play competitively in matches like that. The St Kilda game I'll concede, that was damage control at full throttle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe ... if rucks and on-ballers get their own 'share" of the ball and Daniher and Hooker both play smart up forward with Stringer and Tippa & Mozzie .., Essendon might just cause some real trouble. (But .. it might be more likely that Matty Lloyd will pull on a jumper)

Do you guys think smith will play HB again or he only went there as Francis went down in play
We have two defenders to come back into the side in Hooker and McKenna so I suspect he'll either move into an inside midfield role in place of Clarke or an outside midfield/forward role in place of Ham, who are the two players most likely to be dropped for McKenna.

Maybe ... if rucks and on-ballers get their own 'share" of the ball and Daniher and Hooker both play smart up forward with Stringer and Tippa & Mozzie .., Essendon might just cause some real trouble. (But .. it might be more likely that Matty Lloyd will pull on a jumper)
I'd be surprised if Hooker played forward with Daniher, Stewart and Stringer

ergh, get the fwd line back and lose Draper to soreness.....patience tested
If redman has groin soreness, you'd have to question the new fitness team repeating the same mistakes of their predecessors in naming him last week. Assuming he's fine to go

Out: Francis (inj), Gleeson, Draper (sore), TBC, Guelfi
In: Daniher, Hooker, Crauford, McKenna, Zerk

Ridley Zerk Hooker
Saad Hurley McKenna
Langford Shiel Merrett
Smith Daniher Tippa
Stringer Stewart Moz
Crauford Parish McGrath
Clarke, Snelling, Redman, Ham

Give Zerk some time with Hurley and Hooker to learn the ropes.
That bench gets time to prove their value for the future for future games. Getting game time into Ham, Zerk, Moz, Clarke and Crauford the priority over trying to stumble into finals again.
Keen to see what Crauford can do as a ruck around the ground.

Ridley Hooker Redman
Guelfi Hurley Saad
Smith Parish Langford
Mozzie Stewart McKenna
Walla Daniher Stringer
Phillips McGrath Zerrett
Snelling Gleeson Ham Clarke/Hibberd

That is as strong a team as we have had in a fair while, though slightly underdone

I wonder if Stringer or Walla spend more time in the midfield/half-back, assuming McKenna plays HFF. With Joe coming in the structure of our forward line is full of questions... good questions, for the first time in a long time.
Stringer looked far to fat last game to spend any time in the midfield

It's true though. You could argue Stringer was rushed back.

ergh, get the fwd line back and lose Draper to soreness.....patience tested
If redman has groin soreness, you'd have to question the new fitness team repeating the same mistakes of their predecessors in naming him last week. Assuming he's fine to go

Out: Francis (inj), Gleeson, Draper (sore), TBC, Guelfi
In: Daniher, Hooker, Crauford, McKenna, Zerk

Ridley Zerk Hooker
Saad Hurley McKenna
Langford Shiel Merrett
Smith Daniher Tippa
Stringer Stewart Moz
Crauford Parish McGrath
Clarke, Snelling, Redman, Ham

Give Zerk some time with Hurley and Hooker to learn the ropes.
That bench gets time to prove their value for the future for future games. Getting game time into Ham, Zerk, Moz, Clarke and Crauford the priority over trying to stumble into finals again.
Keen to see what Crauford can do as a ruck around the ground.
No chance we go in without a recognised ruck. If Draper is out Phillips will come in.

Would love to see Crauford get a run, but won't be as the sole ruck I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back