Prediction Changes vs Richmond Round 14 @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine how Hamish Brayshaw will be feeling! All his mates are getting a lick of the ice cream but no luck!!!!
Good idea to rest Nelson while we can, one of our most improved this year and we need to keep him healthy.

Plenty of opportunity to rotate all our defenders over the next couple of weeks.
1598424655074.png

You must have been aware of the "Choir Boy" Nelson tag given your sponsor's statement of "bugger"

Only just noticed and brought to my attention by Vozzo and used to name this week's podcast

Ainsworth debut in round 8, 2018 v Giants at Giants stadium.

And..............the result was...........

Giants 8.13 WCE 12.14 a 25 point win.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
I remember that game. He got a few touches in the first Q. I think it was his most productive game yet by memory

His biggest issue will be the misguided missile wearing no. 41. He jumped into marking packs several times last week when we already had two talls contesting. On one occasion he got pretty high but didn't bother putting his arms up! Needs to stay down and crumb in these circumstances.
You are actually right in this.
We are really missing Willie who was a genuine stay down crumber.
At the moment we have Ryan (who can take mark of the week, every week) and Ah Chee (who THINKS he can take mark of the week, every quarter) with no-one staying down.
Ah Chee needs to be told to use his big body and strength on the ground to get his hands on the ball and either kick a goal or give it to someone who can.

Imagine how Hamish Brayshaw will be feeling! All his mates are getting a lick of the ice cream but no luck!!!!

View attachment 945750

You must have been aware of the "Choir Boy" Nelson tag given your sponsor's statement of "bugger"

Only just noticed and brought to my attention by Vozzo and used to name this week's podcast
Think Hamish's papers might be stamped, unfortunately, particularly if now Hutchings is getting a game ahead of him (as well as XON, Ainsworth).

Jacko just has a kind nature, a singing voice befit for a cathedral, and a pasty pale complexion. Still, I hope the club will keep him out of reach from anyone dressed in those impractically heavy priestly robes.

Ainsworth debut in round 8, 2018 v Giants at Giants stadium.

And..............the result was...........

Giants 8.13 WCE 12.14 a 25 point win.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
I got married that day, managed to catch the game with the boys before the ceremony in the arvo. I knew we were onto something good that year, as we were missing shuey, nic nat and Gov but still won.

I think we look pretty good at either end, the midfield looks a bit thin for my liking without Redden and Yeo.

We probably lost the midfield battle last week, so am hoping Kelly and Shuey can step up their output from last week.

Kelly has gotten off the chain against Richmond the last few times he played against them, and Shuey won't have to deal with a tag this week.

Hoping we can get the 4 points, which will go a long way in suring up a top 4 spot.

I remember Ainsworth’s first game. Opening bounce he streams through, collects the ball, gets into open space and I’m thinking ‘sheesh not a bad start’, until he then proceeds to grubber his first ever kick to nowhere for our leading forwards. It was so, so fitting for him.

Surprised they didn't bring Broad or Caddy in.

Caddy is in the sin bin for the 100m penalty

Rumours are broad is in the freezer as his has committed to Gold Coast next year.

They're extremely short down back. Clean entries and we will be able to compete in the air almost uncontested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumours are broad is in the freezer as his has committed to Gold Coast next year.

They're extremely short down back. Clean entries and we will be able to compete in the air almost uncontested.
Imagine if we had Mitch Brown in the pocket

Providing we get it down there.

Can one of the more learned posters on here explain to me why the Eagles allow so many opposition inside 50s? I get that they focus on quality vs quantity on the attacking inside 50s but why are so many allowed up the other end?

Diver has been quality for a while now and Balta has been in good form.

So it's really only Vlaustin v Bailey where we might have a noticeable advantage. Given it's a seasoned pro v a debutant - it's not that big a win.

So looks like the plan down Richmond way is to bring the ball to ground and blitz us. Its going to be an interesting match. Could be low scoring with Richmond flooding their D50 to gather the ground ball and us flooding our D50 because that seems to work vs the Tigers.

So looks like the plan down Richmond way is to bring the ball to ground and blitz us. Its going to be an interesting match. Could be low scoring with Richmond flooding their D50 to gather the ground ball and us flooding our D50 because that seems to work vs the Tigers.
That’s been their plan for years now

Brander named on a wing, in an away game, in humid conditions (that don't favor talls), in arguably our biggest game of the season............just cannot think that, based on what we have seen of the kid, that this bodes well. Not at all.

Personally, for me if there was a game we were going to give Duggan a licence to step up onto the wing/midfield, this would have been it.

You know what your getting with Duggan and you won't die wondering.

Even Cripps is a better fit.

Brander might impress. He might also do one good thing amongst 6 possessions total.

Would be very happy to be proven wrong tommorow night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back